Elodie Jones, Indiana Jones' Prettiest Fan, Meets Steven Spielberg

No Ticket

She hasn't posted in a looong time. I guess talking about Spielberg and Indiana Jones 4 isn't quite the same after you've met him and been on the movie set. haha.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Reminds me of the thread "Who is hotter?"
a.k.a. "Dr. Templelove"
a.k.a. "Dr. Templelove a.k.a How I Learned to Start Drooling and Love the Swiss"
a.k.a. "Templelove - Relationship Counseling with Mr. & Mrs. Temple"
a.k.a. "Dr. Templelove - Nothing but OT Chatter with Mr. & Mrs. Temple."

Welcome, James. Her thread is here.

Deckard

ResidentAlien said:
A. Stalkery much?

B. There's already a topic about it. She wrote it herself.

LoL, She is indeed very lucky. I just checked out her thread and Steve was kind enough to seemingly really spend some time with her and flip through her sketches etc. Very cool.

...and I thought I was the prettiest fan...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
*sigh* Doesn't Elodie get enough attention around here? :rolleyes: That we should have yet another thread on her?

Finn

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
*sigh* Doesn't Elodie get enough attention around here? :rolleyes: That we should have yet another thread on her?
Welcome to the Intternetts, dearie.

Deckard

Violet Indy said:

Someone sounds jealous. :p It's ok we love all girls who love Indy.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
The only thing I'm jealous of was the fact she had the money and the time and the luck to meet Spielberg. I'll never have that. And to say that, Deckard is that say that I'm not even comparable to her physical beauty. I've just never had a decent photo done that's all. I do meet lots of guys who think that I'm pretty, so that's not the issue.

Deckard

Uh..I was only kidding, and I don't know what you look like, unless that's you in your avatar in which case...

sarah navarro

Violet Indy said:
Yah shes barely on here,i admit she is pretty cool though ,respect to you Elodie.

No Ticket

I like Elodie's spirit. The "you can do anything" stuff... and the fact that she's proven that philosophy can work. If you look at her website, she's been to lots of places and on lots of ... "adventures," I guess you could call them.

I had the time and money to go all the way up there to see Indy 4 being filmed, but I chose not to bother with it thinking I'd never meet anyone anyway and probably wouldn't see much going on.

But Elodie went and she MADE it happen. Who knows what could have happened if I'd gone. But I didn't, so I'll never know now. It's all about seizing those opportunities. She's kind of inspiring really. I showed a girl I know her website and her response was merely... "she kicks ass."

Finn

Staff member
Violet Indy said:
Deckard said:
Someone sounds jealous. :p It's ok we love all girls who love Indy.
Violet Indy said:
The only thing I'm jealous of was the fact she had the money and the time and the luck to meet Spielberg. I'll never have that. And to say that, Deckard is that say that I'm not even comparable to her physical beauty. I've just never had a decent photo done that's all. I do meet lots of guys who think that I'm pretty, so that's not the issue.
Deckard said:
Uh..I was only kidding, and I don't know what you look like, unless that's you in your avatar in which case...

<small>Can't we all just smell the love that's in the air?</small>

eazybox

I feel lucky that I decided to take what was for me a long train trip up to New Haven. I witnessed a lot of the filming there and had a wonderful time. I don't think I'd have been brave enough to come all the way from Switzerland, though-- and not many people can say they actually talked to Steven or Harrison. When you experience something like that, you naturally want to tell other people about it, and sometimes your enthusiasm can be misunderstood as bragging by others; just my $.02.

Ironically, last November Peter Jackson filmed some scenes from his upcoming "The Lovely Bones" in a diner within close walking distance from my house-- and I didn't see ANY of it! Neither did another guy who lives right across the street from that diner.

I have the feeling that Spielberg intended to share the making of this movie with his fans, and that was the only reason we saw any of it. I give him a lot of credit for that; normally, you can't get anywhere near a big movie set while filming is taking place. To be honest, I would have been happy just to be able to tour the set after they'd finished the day's shooting.

Here is another guy who was given a very happy memory to take home with him from New Haven:

iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xevidmegafx&itemid=139&func=detail&id=1006

Jack