Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Blackadder

Well deleted the game now , wanted to install it again but my cd 2 is damaged anyone knows a good torrent link to download it fast ? I downloaded one from piratebay and the game misses a lot of files. Anyone can help?

Finn

Staff member
Blackadder said:
Anyone can help?
No they can't, as they're probably aware of The Raven's extremely strict anti-piracy policies. There's an acceptable moral angle there if you own the originals, but if somebody posts a link, there's no guarantees that you will be the only one using it.

So find your own torrents and restrain from asking such questions on these boards again.

NamedAfterDaDog

About Emperor's Tomb...

I'm on the part where I just finished Prague, I just began the desert place, killed all of the people in the desert place (forgot the people and their country's name), and I climbed up in this empty tower... thing. Now there's like a construction sight to my right, like over a distance and I'm way above ground. Do I have to swing over to that? Because for some reason I always fall right before I get there...

InVader

Chandelier in Prague

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but i've read about people having this problem quite a bit in the past and thought i'd put in my technique.

On the PC version I always get to the right height to make the swinging jump if I climb the chain all the way to the top, as far as he will climb, and then tap down three times. After that I just try to center myself as best as I can using the portrait as a reference point. I'm usually just a tad more to the right. Hope this helps.

San Holo

Have any of you fella's played Emperors Tomb on the xbox 360? I heard that it was compatibile if you updated the hard drive, but I must have not done something right because it is not working. Any help would be appreciated greatly...I miss playing that game:D

mr.wolf

Von Beck's Revenge

I just finished this level after about 20+ tries, holy crap. I think i burnt a trench on my disc from playing that level over and over again, but it was fun. just remember to let go of your left thumbstick on Xbox during your swings and you'll make it.

Dr.Jones

Emperor's Tomb Shortcut

Since the new film was officially announced, I went back to playing the games. First, I played Greatest Adventures, then Instruments of Chaos, and so on... Finally, I played Emperor's Tomb for PS2. After playing around, I found a cool, daring shortcut on the first Black Dragon Fortress level.

When you climb onto the first roofs after the opening cutscene, walk along them to the bamboo platform ahead. The one connected to the roof that you use to lower to the bridge is the one you need to stand on. After doing so, equip the whip. Then, step back, and run forward, jumping off the edge. Just as Indy almost falls off screen, whip forward. You should catch the whipswing post and swing to safety. Although dangerous and pointless, it is fun.

Please post any other secret shortcuts.

jobasha3000

I have a problem running it that i havent really seen anywhere else, when I run the game the entire thing is in turbo mode and everything moves wicked fast. I can barely navigate to the beginning level and at that point even indy's speech is sped up and when I push the run button even slightly he runs right off the cliff. I cant imagine how this would even work as an error, maybe something with too high a framerate or cpu cycles or something. my specs are:
AMD Athlon X2 4600+ Cpu
2 gb PC3200 ram
Foxconn mobo
geForce 8800 GTX

Finn

Staff member
^That's a dual core problem. Start Emperor's Tomb, alt-tab out of it. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to start the task manager, find ET on the running processes list, right click and hit "set affinity". Uncheck the other CPU, leave just one.

Close the task manager and return to Emperor's Tomb. Should run on normal speed.

Stoo

"Emperor's Tomb" Newbie Hint Request

Confession: I have never played "Infernal Machine" nor "Emperor's Tomb"!:eek:
("Fate of Atlantis" and earlier...yes.:D)

Because of the 2003 DVD "exclusive content", I've had the demo for "Emperor's Tomb"
for almost 6 years now but have never bothered to play it. I was saving it for a rainy day.
In anticipation of "Staff of Kings", that rainy day has finally arrived and I'm loving it!

The demo is only 3 levels but I'm stuck on the 2nd one.
1) Ceylon
2) Istanbul Breakout
3) ???

I've reached the tower, via scaffolding, and there are 2 crates at the rear of the tower
on a makeshift ledge with ropes. What do I do? Throw a grenade? I haven't found the scroll yet...

The landscape paintings of the Istanbul background are wonderful & really help in achieving the
atmosphere. The music is great...Can't wait to play the full game!:whip:

Morning Bell

Push the larger crate off the ledge and the ledge will rise, creating a makeshift elevator.

The rest of the game is great too. I highly recommend it if you get the chance.:)

Stoo

Thank you very much, Morning Bell. Since it's only the demo, I haven't had to actually PUSH anything yet, so I forgot about function even being there. Now, I can continue and find out where it leads!(y) I will eventually get the game itself 'cause I'm loving this so far.

"Morning bells are ringing, Ding-Dang-Dong..."

SS Indy

Emperor's Tomb (PC) Problem!

Everything was going fine untill I got to the part (in the first level) where I need to do a wall hug.
It says to press the 'E' key, but I just can't get it to work, I even tried giving the wall hug move another key in the options menu, but nothing seems to work.

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance! :hat: