ET video-card

Rashaverak

I just bought a computer game box set called The Movie Collection for about $17 . It includes Emperor's Tomb, 007 Nightfire and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. I installed ET but when I try to load the game it says I cant play because I dont have a video card that supports tansform and lighting (T&L). My computer has a Pentium IV (or equivlent) with 480 mb of RAM. How do I go about getting one of these video cards (GeForce 2+?) and how much would one cost?
Also my sister is able to play The Simpsons Hit & Run on the same computer. There is also a requirment for a T&L video card for that game, but for some reason apparantly she can run it without it.....
Any help would be appreciated.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I have a GeForce 4 Ti4200. I bought it in June. It was about 120 ?.

You could get a GeForce or a Radeon.

Tequileros

Well it all depends on what you want. Do you want to continue playing with your 3D card for lets say 3 or 4 years then i guess the price for a new 3D card would be like between the 150 and the 300 bucks. If you want to continue playing for like 6 years then a 3D card between the 300 bucks and the 500 bucks will do fine.

I suggest the newest Ati Radeon.

nd

One of the cheapest ones would be the GeForce FX 5200 (around 50 dollars or euros). You will be able to play ET quite well at 800x600. For 1280x1024 it is definitely way too slow.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
When I bought IM, my videocard was not supported. All the polygons were completely white. Then I upgraded my card, and now it works.