Expanded Universe figures?

Montana_Jones

Mr.MojoRisin said:
I've noticed that some of the artifacts that come with the figures have been from some of the comics. The axe that comes with one of the LC wave is from Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates. There are a few others if I remember right too.
Doesn't the Spear of Density, I mean Destiny (random joke), come with one of the Mutt figures? I know it's from Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny. Maybe it's a hint of their willingness to do polls and marketing research? Or it could also just be random coincidence.
Well, here's hoping for an Expanded Stories sub-line!

DrJones35

Montana_Jones said:
Doesn't the Spear of Density, I mean Destiny (random joke), come with one of the Mutt figures? I know it's from Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny. Maybe it's a hint of their willingness to do polls and marketing research? Or it could also just be random coincidence.
Well, here's hoping for an Expanded Stories sub-line!

a back to the future joke!

Michael24

If Star Wars could have Expanded Universe figures, I think Indy should, too. I'd love a Sophia Hapgood figure, as well as two Young Indys (Cory Carrier and Sean Patrick Flanery versions).

Montana_Jones

DrJones35 said:
a back to the future joke!
You got it!(y)

If Hasbro does decide to make a production run for YIJC, it should be graphically designed differently to reflect the line. More-so in that it'd essentially be sort of its own line. Of course this'll most likely be when the main line will well be into over 50 individual figures.
Pack-ins seem the most feasible route for the lesser demand figures. i.e. a Steranko concept Indiana Jones and a concept Toht. A mix-and-match as it were. Of course every figure will be painstakingly detailed, media-accurate, superb scuplting and HIGH articulation.
The Dark Horse 1990's comics seem more feasible for Comic 2-packs.
Paraphrased from another site for Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix:
"Also of interest is that Indy dons several different variations on his regular IndyWear outfit throughout the Iron Phoenix comics. While in Kiev, Indiana wears a dark blue turtleneck under his jacket, in place of his normal white shirt. In Tibet he sports a maroon woolen scarf around his neck, as well as thick fur-lined boots. (Although during the Monastery dream sequence, his outfit returns to normal.) And when Indy arrives at the Bahnhof am Zoo train station, he wears a long brown overcoat on top of his leather jacket, as a means of disguise."

Munkeewrench

Maybe someday we will get "chase" Indy figures like star wars had with the UGH...I loved hunting for those...EU or concept figs would be great for chase pieces...

BuiltFordTough

I think with Hasbro at the helm, anything is possible. With the Star Wars Saga line there were several expanded universe figures. I can't wait to see what else they're working on.

DocWhiskey

hey, I want expanded Indy universe figures! Where the hell else would I be able find a fully articulated fly that Belloq swallowed?!

Montana_Jones

Stoo said:
Already been started, my friend.;)
Young Indy Action Figures
And started by that troll pedophile! Anyway, I have him on my ignore list. He used to be from OriginalTrilogy.com Forums.:sick:

Some of the concept, comic book and video game figures would work as mail-away figures. Or minor pack-ins. Perhaps fan polls from a certain cache of characters with the same background? i.e. the choices would all be concept, or from the Fate of Atlantis comic/video game.
Of course I'd enjoy seeing larger amounts of figures for each wave. Of course that means more to buy and a larger chance for the mail-aways. Perhaps a different choice for future offers? Of course they'd still be keeping the Relics. Could even have fictional ones too outside the realm of Indiana Jones and more inspired by the pulp/serial heroes.

IndySeven

I'd like the Expanded Universe line to have figures from:

Indy Video Games, like the Infernal Machine or Emperor's Tomb.

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

and maybe even a few figures from the novels.:)

Crack that whip

I don't think The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones is EU (in the sense of being debatable as to its canon status); it's an actual Lucasfilm screen production with the personal involvement of George Lucas, and the official Lucasfilm line undoubtedly holds that it's as fully canon as the movies. It's certainly on a different tier from the novels, comics and games.

That said, I do think it poses unique obstacles to toy representation that would probably relegate it to the same status as the "actual EU" - it's probably less-popular and well-known than at least some of the games and such, and of course as a TV series with dozens of episodes, each of which has its own full set of characters, there are so many characters (and vehicles, etc.) to represent it that it'd probably be unfeasible to ever do it all - affording every major character and character "look," every x minutes or so of screen time, etc. the same level of consideration as the feature films would mean doing perhaps hundreds of TYIJC-based action figures; it'd make the overall action figure line anywhere from 50% to 95% devoted to the show. I personally wouldn't have a problem with that (not because I like the show vastly more than the movies, but simply because it'd evenly represent the entire Indy canon), but I do of course recognize most people just wouldn't go for that.

That said, I'm personally a bit more interested in LEGO than action figures anyway, and with LEGO I can always improvise my own "fill in the gaps" characters, locations, etc. for whatever doesn't get officially produced, so that's cool, but I do hope the LEGO group sees fit to bless us with at least a few Young Indy sets (and Temple of Doom ones as well, while we're at it!).

Montana_Jones

I agree LEGO is highly customisable. But this is more for the 3.75" scale actiony figures.
The following is a list for a possible wave of one of the absolute best adventure games of all time from 1992.

Fate of Atlantis - (with all appropriate accessories. perhaps a few deluxe?)
Indiana Jones - (Deluxe most likely with a berjillion acc.)
Sophia Hapgood - Lecture
Sophia Hapgood - Adventure (w/Orichalum Amulet)
Sophia Hapgood - Madame Sophia
Marcus Brody
Charles Sternhart
Klaus Kerner - as Mr. Smith
Klaus Kerner
Doctor Hans Ubermann
Omar Al-Jabbar
Alain Trottier

This would be more of an in-between wave after a Last Crusade one.