Family Guy and Indiana Jones

eroc

I Hate Snakes! said:
Blue Harvest wasn't bad for modern Famly Guy, but the main problem was that they mimicked the movie too often. They were using the lines from the movies word for word way too much. .

Wasn't that the whole point? Duh!

roundshort

I think the sub stores Robot Chicken does are the best. My favorites are the Snaggletooth's big day (until he gets his arm chopped), and the emperor talking to Vader on the phone. I would love to see some fun Indy back stories by RC.

caats

Temple of Doom reference in Family Guy (10/19)

Brian, stewie and mort were in 1939 and their plane was crashing, and they were gonna bail out and it went

Mort: get the parachutes
Brian: all we've got is this life raft
Stewie: we're not sinking...we're craaashiiiiiing

and they had a complete shot by shot redo of the raft stuff. complete with john williams score.

Deckard

Yea also they were being chased in the German Motorcycle and Sidecar from Last Crusade, the nazis chasing them, one looked like Colonel Vogel and they rode in the Staff Car from the Raiders Truck Chase. The music was from Back to the Future.

caats

well that part made sense with back to the future cause he did the whole skateboard under the car as the nazi's drove into a poop truck

Niteshade007

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for them to do a little more with it, not just a shot for shot remake. There really wasn't a gag in there, just referencing it.

Odd that the episode that centers around Nazis uses the one Indiana Jones film that doesn't have any.

Actually...can't say that anymore...oops...

Travis85

When Stewie and Brian were being chased by the nazis while on the motor cycle, I could have sworn I heard Indy music :p. It also spoofed Back to the Future :)

WeAreGoingToDie

Cool! Will check this out over lunch!

The Family Guy humor machine seems to think: popular movie scene + Family Guy characters + shot by shot remake = comedy gold. I wish they'd throw in a little variation. At least the Simpsons had Bart escaping the house a la the intro to Raiders with nods to Indy but not a complete copy.

simpsons_raiders_homage.jpg

http://www.joeydevilla.com/2007/09/24/another-simpsons-homage-raiders-of-the-lost-ark/

Nurhachi1991

Yes I pointed this out yesterday on the South Park thread

Great episode I wish the nazis would of at least gone Shhhhhhhhhiiiiii before hitting the truck.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QEXUCSQ8

A minor Indy/Family Guy crossover here: this is part of an April 2009 special on Family Guy from the BBC. Check out the music just after the 12 minute, 40 second point - I'm pretty sure it's "The Snake Pit" from Crystal Skull being used as music for the special itself. It's a bit out of place along with other, more famous cues from Star Wars, Superman, and Back to the Future, but pleasant to catch.

Last edited:
WeAreGoingToDie said:
Cool! Will check this out over lunch!

The Family Guy humor machine seems to think: popular movie scene + Family Guy characters + shot by shot remake = comedy gold. I wish they'd throw in a little variation. At least the Simpsons had Bart escaping the house a la the intro to Raiders with nods to Indy but not a complete copy.

simpsons_raiders_homage.jpg

http://www.joeydevilla.com/2007/09/24/another-simpsons-homage-raiders-of-the-lost-ark/

Yep that's Indy to the letter i think that might be a pretty good episode of the Simpson's.

Col. Detritch

I love Family Guy!!!! It is the funnyest show on the planet! (Also American Dad- By pretty much the same people). There Indy references are killer. The best is the Raft spoof in 'Road to Germany'. Yah!!!