Fan films using rejected Indy scripts?

Texas

Has there been any Indy fan films that have tried to make a film using the Indiana Jones scripts that were rejected by Lucas/Spielberg? There are leaked Indy film scripts out there in the internet such as Jeb Stuart's Saucerman from Mars, Frank Darabont's City of the Gods, and Chris Columbus' Monkey King, and I wondered if anyone out there has used these scripts or will use them in the future to create a fan film using all or portions of these scripts?

Insomniac

Awesome idea I think I've heard of some one using the Temple of the forbidden Eye ride for the basis of the film and I know a few people who made a Spear of Destiny film but not any rejected scripts most are rejected for a reason!:hat:

Snakes

Although I'd love to make one or several Indy fanfilms, I'd never be able to do them justice without huge amounts of money and Harrison Ford. As well written and directed as a Indy fanfilm could be, it would never have Ford as the main role, and he's the guy who makes Indy work onscreen.

Deadlock

Three reasons why not:

1) Already done. Many elements from these scripts went into Crystal Skull.

2) Budget. Got any money for tanks, river boats, charging rhinos, or sentient apes? I thought not.

3) Suck. Have you read these unused scripts?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Deadlock said:
2) Budget.
In the 1950's Spielberg filmed a kid with aviator goggles, then spliced in WWII aerial shots. I think Darabont's excellent biplane sequence could be shot cheaply and convincingly.

muttjones

Moedred said:
In the 1950's Spielberg filmed a kid with aviator goggles, then spliced in WWII aerial shots. I think Darabont's excellent biplane sequence could be shot cheaply and convincingly.

or if you are competent in adobe after effects you can build it around the pilot in green screen.