Fan Translated Indy Books and Other Projects

Messed up a bit on the epubs of books 7 and 7, here's a revised archive.org link (mega.nz link is the same and has the revised copies): https://archive.org/details/german-indy-novels-collection-2
Whoops, messed up the credits for book 8. Fixed that as well. Here's the final FINAL links for the German book collection:

dyoghenes

Wow, this is a fantastic collection, thank you for putting this together.

Also, if you subscribe to the IndyMag newsletter, you gain access to an updated edition of Legacy of Avalon with a new cover (similar to the second edition of The Feathered Serpent and The Secret of the Easter Island). I am travelling right now, but I can share that later.

Wow, this is a fantastic collection, thank you for putting this together.

Also, if you subscribe to the IndyMag newsletter, you gain access to an updated edition of Legacy of Avalon with a new cover (similar to the second edition of The Feathered Serpent and The Secret of the Easter Island). I am travelling right now, but I can share that later.
Np, thank you for putting the work into making the .epub conversions in the first place!

Also, I'd love to include the updated Legacy of Avalon in this collection. I am subscribed to the Indymag newsletter, but I can't log into the website to download the translation for some reason.

On the topic of French exclusive Indy stories, I was able to find the old English fan translations of the French exclusive Indiana Jones comics released by Bagheera, created by Claude Moliterni and Giancarlo Alessandrini. The fan translations were done by Stoo and DIrish. Should be noted that the original image files for the translation of "Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic" were WEBP files, which I'm not sure is a filetype that works with CBRs/CBZs, so I converted them to PNGs, but left the WEBP version as an extra archival thing. Enjoy!

Included are:
Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 01 - Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Pyramid (Stoo and DIrish Translation)
Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 02 - Indiana Jones and the City of Lightning (Stoo and DIrish Translation)
Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 03 - Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic (Stoo and DIrish Translation)
EXTRA - Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 03 - Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic (Stoo and DIrish Translation) (Original WEBP Images)

dyoghenes

Also, I'd love to include the updated Legacy of Avalon in this collection. I am subscribed to the Indymag newsletter, but I can't log into the website to download the translation for some reason.
Yeah, I also had to contact JuniorJones separately for this. Anyway, I hope I don't cause amy trouble by sharing the link for Legacy of Avalon.

By the way I love the cover for this one, I hope the IndyMag publications will continue for the rest of the Hohlbein novels.

On the topic of French exclusive Indy stories, I was able to find the old English fan translations of the French exclusive Indiana Jones comics released by Bagheera, created by Claude Moliterni and Giancarlo Alessandrini. The fan translations were done by Stoo and DIrish. Should be noted that the original image files for the translation of "Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic" were WEBP files, which I'm not sure is a filetype that works with CBRs/CBZs, so I converted them to PNGs, but left the WEBP version as an extra archival thing. Enjoy!

Included are:
Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 01 - Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Pyramid (Stoo and DIrish Translation)
Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 02 - Indiana Jones and the City of Lightning (Stoo and DIrish Translation)
Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 03 - Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic (Stoo and DIrish Translation)
EXTRA - Bagheera Indiana Jones Comics - 03 - Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic (Stoo and DIrish Translation) (Original WEBP Images)
Thank you so much!!!

I am a professor and this kind of archiving is super-interesting to me. I don't know if people have ever heard about the Superman daily comic strip. It would have been lost to history if a kid did not take the time to cut it out every single day. DC was able to publish them again in recent times thanks to that kid.

None of these books are for sale in any way that I can find, outside of massively inflated prices on the secondary market. I am doing this as an archival effort. If you look at it as a whole it is an incredible fictional account of the 20th century. It deserves better archiving.

For people worried about Disney coming down to crush people, I think that would be highly unlikely.
  1. There is no money being lost or made here
  2. There is an honest academic reason for these materials to be available
  3. There is no damage to the brand, in fact there is a long history of IP being helped by these kinds of efforts
The kinds of fictional worlds that Indiana Jones lives in are big business and deserve study.

Yeah, I also had to contact JuniorJones separately for this. Anyway, I hope I don't cause amy trouble by sharing the link for Legacy of Avalon.

By the way I love the cover for this one, I hope the IndyMag publications will continue for the rest of the Hohlbein novels.
Thank you so much dyoghenes! Just added this PDF to the mega.nz and archive.org collections!

I don't know if people have ever heard about the Superman daily comic strip. It would have been lost to history if a kid did not take the time to cut it out every single day. DC was able to publish them again in recent times thanks to that kid.
Where did you hear this story from? I can't find any articles mentioning this. It does remind me of how an obscure anime's dub (The Bush Baby) only exists because two kids loved it and their mom make a huge effort to record the entire show.

Who had them on a harddrive/CD?

Also, archive.org has them due to the borrow system, it's like a digital library sorta deal. They scan books which have been donated to them for the digital library program. The French Young Indy books they have through the borrow system are likely the only books in the series which have been donated to them.
If you google the titles you will get some results from "Google Sites" pages that had the French-only Young Indy novels in PDF format. That was a common way for people to share that kind of thing at times.

Problem is Google Sites is dead and the way it is on archive.org is not indexable.

Just nabbed a physical copy of The meteorite one for a reasonable price. coming soon.

I teach an undergrad interactive media course and I was thinking a cool intro class lab session would involve decades-old "Choose Your Own Adventures" into interactive PDF's. The Indiana Jones ones are out of print and are interesting because they are written by RL Stine.

Just nabbed a physical copy of The meteorite one for a reasonable price. coming soon.

I teach an undergrad interactive media course and I was thinking a cool intro class lab session would involve decades-old "Choose Your Own Adventures" into interactive PDF's. The Indiana Jones ones are out of print and are interesting because they are written by RL Stine.
I archived most of the Choose Your Own Adventure Indy books as well, aside from two I've been unable to find digitized. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Where did you hear this story from? I can't find any articles mentioning this. It does remind me of how an obscure anime's dub (The Bush Baby) only exists because two kids loved it and their mom make a huge effort to record the entire show.
Here is the story about the Superman daily comics being saved by a kid, I had his daughter in class, she is super cool.