Fate of Atlantis Help

I bought FOA a few weeks ago. I went to play it and when Indy went to speak he would say a few words then the game would freeze.So I played the game without the voices and put up with just reading the text. But all of a sudden the music stopped working too. Does anyone know how I can fix these problems?

Finn

Staff member
When you first run the program, you should get a screen that gives you set of options. Now, click "Add game", in the next screen go to your FoA folder and find "atlantis.exe". Now when you return to the main screen, the display showing what SCUMM games you have should show FoA. Select it, click "Start" and enjoy.

O.k, I went to add game and it told me i needed to coose the directory with game data. Every time I clicked on one it told me that their was no disk in that directory or that it did not find a game.What should i do?

Finn

Staff member
Now, if you have to run the game with CD, you must naturally pop the CD in first and locate "atlantis.exe" on your the CD drive.

If you can run the game without CD, you simply browse to that directory you have FoA installed and select the correct file there.

Oh yeah, and I forgot something, my bad! Once you're in the folder the game is installed, you're supposed to click "Choose" and the program finds the correct file for you. All you then have to do is to click OK and get back to the opening screen and select FoA.

Redwall

Saving is a bit confusing with ScummVM...

Hit "Save" first, then select a slot and type in the name, and hit "save" again.

Hope that helps.

Tennessee R

I think that I have that problem with SCUMMVM,
And I think it will let you save it if you continue playing for a moment, or something like that.
I think mine locks up sometimes in a fight. And this only started happening with Scumm.
I really can't remember exactly what to do, but if you mess around with it a little, you'll find the way to go about it.

Finn

Staff member
Yeah, but those old LucasArts adventures still work a lot better with ScummVM than without it.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
You can use your mouse to fight. Just click the head, the stomach and the balls.

I think that there's a way to use the keyboard.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
You mean, you can't just use your mouse?

Now, if I recall right, there was a button that toggled the keyboard fighting (similar with LC) on and off... was it "Num Lock"?
Can't tell for sure.

Indy Canuck

*just pauses to reflect how, like rediscovering a classic film, a game as old as FOA refuses to die, and is still enjoyed in a post-playstation2 world...*

Finn

Staff member
It's a good game... and good games tend to survive. After all, people still play <i>Tetris</i>, too.