Fav. Indy Moments

Pale Horse

Staff member
Short and sweet for me this time:

RotLA: "Now you're getting nasty."
TOD: "That's why they call it the jungle, sweetheart."
LC: "That's for blasphmey."

Small lines that reveal so much about character and motivation.

Finn

Staff member
The whole line is "Water? No thanks, fish make love in it."

And if you look at the screen, you will spot there an Arab holding out a glass of water. ;)

Indyologist

There are so many Indy moments that I just love. I think the moment that defines Indy the most for me was that classic scene when he swiches/grabs the Idol in Raiders. Classic Indy stuff!

Another of my many favorite moments is when he's running from the Chachapoyan warriors and you can see a cloud of dust following Indy as he runs. It almost seems like it even goes before him sometimes. Hilarious!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Indyologist said:
...my many favorite moments is when he's running from the Chachapoyan warriors and you can see a cloud of dust following Indy as he runs. It almost seems like it even goes before him sometimes. Hilarious!

It is very had to pick just one, but another detail about the scene Indyologist picked, is how wide his stance is. Typically when you run, your feet maintain a line inside the distance of your shoulders. In the scene above, he is running with his legs well outside the width of the shoulders, and his arms are sort of flailing about. Very believable, when you consider the character is running for his life.

Got Pi?

I have quite a lot of favorite Indy moments.

Raiders
? The whole opening scene in South America.
? I also like the part where Indy and Marcus explain about the history of the Ark with the US goverment agents. It just appeals to me for some reason...
? The swordsman gag during the Cairo street scene.
? The whole scene in the maproom.
? "Snakes...why did it have to be snakes?" "Asps. Very Dangerous. You go first."
? When Indy and Sallah take the Ark of the Covenant out of the Well of the Souls.
? The Nazi plane fightscene (the one with the German Mechanic).
? The truck chase.
? When the Ark is finally opened and all the Nazis die.

Temple of Doom
? The entire Club Obi Wan scene.
? When Indy, Willie, and Shorty jump out of the plane.
? The jungle scene. ("You cheat Dr. Jones!")
? The banquet scene in Pankot Palace.
? The spike chamber scene. "Willie, We...are going...to die!" (Indy's expression when he says that is freakin' priceless).
? The whole sacrifice scene (Don't ask why...I just like it).
? The fight against the giant Thugee guy ontop of the conveyor belt.
? The mine cart chase.
? A reference to the swordsman gag in Raiders, when two Thugees with swords appear. Indy reaches for his gun, but finds that it's not there, and gives a fake little laugh. Priceless.
? The rope bridge scene.

Last Crusade
? The opening along with Young Indy and the Portugese coast fightscene that follows.
? When Indy meets Donovan for the first time.
? The catacombes underneath the library.
? "Whats this one?" "The Ark of the Covenant..." "Are you sure?" "Pretty sure..." (Indy's response to Elsa's question makes me crack up every time).
? The Venice boat chase.
? When Indy meets his father in Brumwauld castle.
? When Marcus wanders around lost in Iskendurun.
? When Indy and his dad are tied up in the chair. ("The floor's on fire." "What?!" "And the chair.")
? The motorcycle chase.
? When Indy and his dad talk on the Zeppelin.
? The aerial fight in the plane. ("I didn't know you could fly a plane!" "Fly, yes! Land...No!"
? "I suddenly remembered Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
? The tank chase.
? "Don't you see? The pen, is mightier, than the sword!"
? The three challenges Indy has to pass to get to the holy grail.
? When Donovan drinks from the wrong grail (I just love watching him turn into an old man, then a skeleton, then dust. It's awsome!)
? When Henry Sr. calls Indy "Indiana" for the very first time in the movie.
? The end where Indy, Henry, Sallah, and Marcus ride off into the sunset.

Well, that's about it...

Andy Jones

ROTLA
- Boulder
- Shoots Swordsman
- Truck chase

TOD
- Fight in the temple with Pat Roach
- Minecart chase
- Rope bridge

LC
- Young Indy
- Tank chase
- Indy, Henry, Marcus & Sallah ride into the sunset.

indyrcks

Raiders
Indy quickly disarming a arab swordsman classic(y)
Indy going underneath the truck with his whip what an amazing scene (y)
Indy among the snakes with the reaction on his face :D

TheFeltFedora

From Raiders, the scene where Indy places the staff on the ground, a beam of light comes down, and as it touches the well of souls, a blinding light fills the room. Classic Indy moment for sure. :hat:

From Temple of Doom, i can't pick one, but all the scenes with Short Round in them are money shots to me.

From The Last Crusade, the shot where the Jones boys are escaping on the plane, Henry shoots down part of their own tail, and Indy shouts "Dad, are we hit?"

"More or less. Son, I'm sorry. They got us." (y)

col.dietrich

RAIDERS- the look one the tough sargents face when he is hanging off the front of the truck is priceless

DOOM- where indy swings on the chain and into the mine cart

CRUSADE- where sean connery steps out of the shadow and his character is introduced