Favorite Comedians

Niteshade007

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I love Ellen Degenres' stand-up. She's really quite funny.

Sarah Silverman is coming to our school, which is kind of a let down, since last year we had Stephen Colbert. She's kind of funny, but I think she tries too hard a lot of the time. If she just relaxed a little, then maybe she'd be funnier.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I love Monty Python! My favourite stand-up is David Strassman. Hilarious comedian and puppeteer. As for movie comedy, pretty much anything directed by John Landis and Ivan Reitman (that includes "Evolution") and I enjoy most of those mentioned as well as Seann William Scott and Mike Myers (who people have forgot to mention).

indy34

My favorite would be Rowan Atkinson there are others but I don't remember names to well:p
I've seen most of the Monty Python movies there funny but you have to wonder what they were on when they made them:D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
indy34 said:
My favorite would be Rowan Atkinson there are others but I don't remember names to well:p
I've seen most of the Monty Python movies there funny but you have to wonder what they were on when they made them:D

I like "Holy Grail" the most. "Meaning of Life" is the worst and made me wonder what they were on. I like Rowan Atkinson in "Blackadder". He was great in that. I used to like "Mr. Bean" as a kid, but grew out of it as I got older.

Btw, I almost forgot. Favourite comedy writers: Ben Elton and Geoffrey McSkimming.

Colbert invited to testify before Congress today

When I was the age of Colbert's legion of fans, I turned to the novels of Orwell, Huxley and Burgess to sharpen my skepticism toward the language of those in power. Such fiction is likely to wane in influence in an era when so many read less and care less. What happens when Colbert is questioned by members of Congress promises to be a comic hall of mirrors in which illusion and allusion, reflection and deflection, truthiness and reality collide and converge.