Favorite New Character from KOTCS

Which new character from KOTCS is your FAVORITE?

• Irina Spalko

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Mutt Williams

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • Mac

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Prof. Oxley

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Col. Dovchenko

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters

Crack that whip

Well, I have to say I like Mutt quite a lot, actually. I could like Oxley quite a bit as well, though it's hard to say how much, since we see so little of the "real" Ox in the movie. But as boring as Indy says he is, I think I'd like to see more of the guy.

And I like Spalko. It's too bad we won't be seeing her after this, but I think we all knew that going in. We could conceivably see her again in a story set before this movie (and presumably the overwhelming majority of new Indy stories from this point on will be set before this movie), but obviously Indy can't meet her prior to KotCS, which would tend to limit her involvement.

Rayder

I liked the crazy man that John Hurt played, he kind of reminded me of a dumb dog, always loyal, but does more harm than good

Lonsome Indy

i liked Mutt simply because Shia surprised me a lot. i was never a hater of him, its just this character really gave him some new ground for experience and im all the more happy for that.

another reason is, hes more seen throughout the movie. Ox doesnt come into until around the 2nd act and Mac doesnt have that much say either.

Col. Dovchenko and Spalko tie in my opinion.

|ZiR|

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I'm the only one who voted for Dovchenko!

Not any more! What can I say, Igor Jijikine was "red" hot. Dovchenko should've had more lines.

Poor Mac. No one's voted for him.

Katarn07

Mutt! It's really no contest. I've only seen the film once and I think my biggest problem with it is that Marion, Spalko, Ox, and Mac all got the shaft in terms of characterization. Dovchenko had as big of a role as I imagined.

But Mutt was not only in it the longest, he was the coolest. I like how he's a "tough guy" but really an intellectual as well. Kinda like Indy, only from a different cultural era.

ChromiumBlue37

|ZiR| said:
Not any more! What can I say, Igor Jijikine was "red" hot. Dovchenko should've had more lines.

Poor Mac. No one's voted for him.

Dovchenko was brutally hot. Especially whipping that chain around!

IndyJr.

Crack that whip said:
(and presumably the overwhelming majority of new Indy stories from this point on will be set before this movie)

By presumably, you mean, that's what you want, and are making it out to be real... come on, I've heard everything but THAT... Even that Mutt will become LEAD... How will Mutt become lead with a story taking place before KotCS? ;)

I voted Mutt. :)

Michael24

I'll go with Mutt, though I liked Spalko a lot, too.

Mac would have been closer to being my favorite if he'd been developed a little more. I would like to have seen him stay friends with Indy longer, helping him and Mutt, and not turning on him until the cemetary scene, that way we could have seen more of their friendship and his betrayal would have had more impact. As it is, we've only barely known the guy for just several minutes before he turns on Indy.

TheMutt92

Mutt of course, i've always like Shia since his days on Even Stevens and he's done an awesome job with his more recent work. I did like some of the other characters though: Spalko I thought was one of Indy's more sinister villains (below Mola Ram and Toht, of course!), I also liked Mac till he was wasted in the end (would've liked if he died at the hands of Spalko trying to save Indy or something).

Oh yeah, the Ox was great too. John Hurt is great as usual and "Help" was probably the best line in the movie.

Crack that whip

IndyJr. said:
By presumably, you mean, that's what you want, and are making it out to be real... come on, I've heard everything but THAT... Even that Mutt will become LEAD... How will Mutt become lead with a story taking place before KotCS? ;)

I voted Mutt. :)

Well, I do want more stories with Indy, and I know we're getting some (in various formats - new comics, a new game and a novelization thereof, etc.), and I just meant that most or all of those stories will take place prior to IJatKotCS.

Zealot

At first, I wanted to vote for Mutt as he is so cool, but then I remembered all that tarzan thing and balancing between two jeeps while still fencing, so I chose Spalko as she is damn hot. Besides, she is nicer to look at than Mutt ;)

eroc

Dean Charlie was a great addition. I wish there had been more of him. The scene with him at Indy's house was great. Some great dialog between him and Indy, especially the "half full/half empty" analogy he made about having another glass of wine, after he had just told Indy that a point comes in life when more gets taken away than is given.

Since Charlie is not a choice, I have to go with the kid. He is my second choice.

MaxPhactor23

Personally I found every single on of these character, with the only exception of Mutt, to be incredibly bland. Mac and Oxley were almost entirely useless. Oxley is essentially a walking and talking piece of exposition. Spalko I didn?t find nearly as villainous as the former enemies in the series. I was hoping she?d actually kill Mac in the end, displaying a level of venom. Plus not nearly enough people were killed in this film. Dovchenko would be my second favorite, but he?s not so much a villain as much as he was a lackey. I was expecting a bit more character. I wasn?t thing he?d be the latest Pat Roach character.