Favorite New Character from KOTCS

Which new character from KOTCS is your FAVORITE?

• Irina Spalko

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Mutt Williams

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • Mac

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Prof. Oxley

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Col. Dovchenko

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters

Jones_Happens

eroc said:
Dean Charlie was a great addition. I wish there had been more of him. The scene with him at Indy's house was great. Some great dialog between him and Indy, especially the "half full/half empty" analogy he made about having another glass of wine, after he had just told Indy that a point comes in life when more gets taken away than is given.

Since Charlie is not a choice, I have to go with the kid. He is my second choice.
My apologies for leaving Dean Stanforth off the poll! Thanks for sounding off about him anyway!

StoneTriple

Well, any time you have a popularity poll and one of the choices is Cate Blanchett, the odds are stacked. That said, as sexy as she was with the short dark hair, I enjoyed the character of Mutt Williams even more. I've been around enough of those types of kids (and was one myself many years ago) to buy into the character.

Shia's right on the money with playing him as someone who doesn't have a great deal of respect for his elders\the establishment\whatever.

I also like the slight arc he goes through. He eventually cares enough to want to get the skull, help his mother, beat the Russians, etc. However, he doesn't completely lose his edginess. He doesn't go through a Disneyesque tough-kid-to-good-boy transformation.

By the end of the film, he hasn't completely made peace with his father leaving him and his mother. I thought his line "Why didn't you, dad?" was an excellent way to show that.

michael

I voted for Mutt as well. I couldn't stand the swinging part either, but oh well. The writing for him was so good, it was respectful and almost perfect.
Loved his expression in the final scene.

The Man

Dovchenko was the real deal when they decided to use him. That piercing face of his as he approaches the U.S. guards before dropping to the ground is priceless.

No Ticket

I'd say Mack... but the bizarre way they handled his character... making you think you're supposed to give a damn about him at the end when he is all "It's okay"... makes me think otherwise.

Screw him, he double crossed Indy and we never had any reason to like him. He was just a greedy SOB. Weird that the film makes it seem like you should care or something.

Mutt I guess. I like Shia, Mutt was okay but there really wasn't much to him. I'm not especially pumped to see what else Mutt can do.

Uki

Spalko was pretty wicked (and oddly attractive), but Mutt was just a great character and a lot of fun to get to know.

eroc

Dovchenko said:
My apologies for leaving Dean Stanforth off the poll! Thanks for sounding off about him anyway!

Hey no problem. I loved the character. He was very impressive and did a wonderful job taking over for Denholm Elliott. Like I said, I wish there was more of him.

MaxPhactor23 said:
Personally I found every single on of these character, with the only exception of Mutt, to be incredibly bland. Mac and Oxley were almost entirely useless. Oxley is essentially a walking and talking piece of exposition. Spalko I didn’t find nearly as villainous as the former enemies in the series. I was hoping she’d actually kill Mac in the end, displaying a level of venom. Plus not nearly enough people were killed in this film. Dovchenko would be my second favorite, but he’s not so much a villain as much as he was a lackey. I was expecting a bit more character. I wasn’t thing he’d be the latest Pat Roach character.

Why do people have to die for the movie to be good? Are you a sadist?

Mothy

Spalko was alright. Though she was not used to her full potential. I couldn't stand Mutt and hope that if a fifth is made, he does not star prodominently, or take Indy's place.

Agent Z

Spalko. I'm so predictable......

While I felt like Irina stole almost every scene she was in, she was still underused. I'm getting ready to read the novelization and she better damn well display some actual psychic powers in the novel...and use that rapier for something other than a pointer/fencing tool.

I was thinking that maybe it would have been better to have Spalko read Indy's mind in the beginning, as I'm still not buying the cool-but-shaky idea of gunpowder leading them to the crate.

Later on in the film, have Irina get a leg up on Indy by having read Marion's mind and knowing some inside details that could be used to her advantage.

The possibilities were there!

Damn you Koepp! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Benraianajones

Irina, I was strangley sad to see her go at the end.

I liked Ox, despite most of the time he was under a trane. Shame we didn't get to see him with his sanity in the film more.