Finally! A Crystal Skull Replica Prop!

Indy's brother

I've seen this before, I'm fairly certain that it's an acrylic cast of the skull projector:
3012957283_f404689b14.jpg

Montana Smith

If it is a cast from the projector, they've done some nice work on it, removing the slot for the slides and he ugly mould lines. It'd be really nice if was 1:1 scale!

reelartcastofSkullProjector1.jpg

reelartcastofSkullProjector2.jpg

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Dr.Jonesy said:
Well crap...:dead:

I found it a while back because I really want a 1:1 replica. It is rather good, but considering what it actually is, and the dinky size, I resisted the temptation to plunk down 130 clams for it. I'm holding out for the genuine article.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
I found it a while back because I really want a 1:1 replica. It is rather good, but considering what it actually is, and the dinky size, I resisted the temptation to plunk down 130 clams for it. I'm holding out for the genuine article.

The genuine licensed article would certainly seem a better investment. The likes of Sideshow are surely going to release a 1:1 replica, so saving $130 to go towards it would seem to be the best option.

Montana Smith

indyclone25 said:
and if sideshow does release one it will most likely be at 300 dollars

It certainly wouln't be cheap. The actual skull is around 17 inches long, which is approaching twice the size of the Reelart / Projector version.

Matt deMille

I'm holding out for the real-deal too. I don't care if it costs more. I just can't believe the Lucas merchandising machine hasn't made one yet.

Montana Smith

Matt deMille said:
I'm holding out for the real-deal too. I don't care if it costs more. I just can't believe the Lucas merchandising machine hasn't made one yet.

I would expect a company like Sideshow to release a 1:1 skull. I don't think that these things are dictated by a "Lucas merchandising machine", but that the various license holders decide what they think they can make and sell. Sideshow often goes the limited edition route - short production runs with a high price-tag. (I even think Lucas went on record saying that the license holders pretty much have freedom to do what they want - though Lucas probably takes his several pounds of flesh up front!)