First Props: Ra Headpieces (photos)

Raider S

Here are my first two props. One is the ACME headpiece which I weathered (shows up too strong in the photos) and the other a bare resin copy which I painted, weathered and used a larger red crystal.

I made the chain last night; only took a few minutes. Someone online had used a scarab on theirs and I liked the idea as I have some I picked up in Cairo. The red coral is from a local craft store and the Chinese coin is a real old one I had in my collection. Still need to do some weathering on the chain.

ra_1.jpg

ra_2.jpg

ra_3.jpg

Raider S

Those are simply the cheapo mirrored-back plastic crystals. The red one is 12mm (for $2, buy a whole bag of mixed colors at any good craft store) and it fit the resin idol perfect; much better than the 11mm it came with.

I did weather the chain and it looks much better now. Maybe I'll post another photo.

If you want one, I'd try to get an ACME while you can. The price went up $10 right after I ordered mine.

Raider S

Think I'll hold onto them for now. I could make one more chain for someone but would need to find another coin and a blue stone.