First reviews WITHOUT spoilers

StockdeFerry

Right?! The Total Film review had some spoilers..Stopped reading it immediately.
Have they finished watching the film in Cannes?

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny review: "A highly satisfying blend of action, humour and emotion"​

4 out 5
Total Film (the article contains HEAVY AS HELL spoilers)

Randy_Flagg

That Total Film review is funny-- they won't reveal what's in the final reel ("No spoilers!" they say), and yet, I think that's the part most of us have already guessed. Then they throw a bunch of spoilers into the rest of the review, stuff that we did not necessarily guess.

IndianaBones

Irish Times: 3/5

I don't want to read it because I'm afraid of spoilers.
This one seemed a bit more negative, constantly bringing up the cgi? I mean from what we’ve seen so far, everything looks real, considering they shot at real places.

IndyForever

1 line from the irish times review is a bit eye opening!

This one seemed a bit more negative, constantly bringing up the cgi? I mean from what we’ve seen so far, everything looks real, considering they shot at real places.
I would be more concerned with their opinion on something they mention TBH!

Nurachi78

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny review: An apt final journey for Indy​

The iconic archeologist's swansong is a little safe – but it's an enjoyable, old-school action-adventure with more weight than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Taking over from series regular Steven Spielberg, incoming director James Mangold does a fine job of making Dial of Destiny look and feel like an Indy movie. Yes, the opening train stunt feels too reliant on CGI, but for the most part, this has an old-school action-adventure feel. At its heart is a great performance from Ford, one of his most emotional outings as Indy, as he comes to terms with his ageing body and life-regrets. Alongside him, Waller-Bridge, who handles the action well, moulds her whip-smart persona into the character. Mikkelsen, meanwhile, is just the right side of madman, as he rants about “History’s greatest moment – it’s end!”

In a film about the the past, its fitting that there are some references to former adventures, but Mangold and his scriptwriters don’t overdo the Easter eggs. There’s enough iconography – the whip, the fedora – close to hand anyway, to ensure you don’t forget you’re watching an Indiana Jones movie. The final reel may take a serious flight of fantasy, but unlike those aliens in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it somehow feels an apt journey for Indy. Perhaps the film could’ve been more daring – it feels fairly safe – but fans will leave cinemas feeling like their old hero had one final great outing in him.

4 out of 5
Where is this from?

StockdeFerry

Cannes 2023: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny movie review – Harrison Ford fights Nazis one last time as the legendary archaeologist​

• Director James Mangold steps in for Steven Spielberg to capture the rollicking spirit of older Indy films, with plenty of action, humour, mystery and german foes
  • Ford and Mads Mikkelsen excel in their roles as hero and adversary, and John Williams’ epic score sets the tone for a satisfying end to the seminal action series
scmp

4/5​

WoodenGrail

It's the same reviewer as the Total FIlm one. He doesn't seem to mind giving away lots of details in either review!
James Mottram? More like Mola Ram, revenging Indy

YyuIxBM.jpg

Nurachi78

More a reaction than a review, and it looks like the journalist wanted to find something bad to say at all costs: Variety talks about a lukewarm 5 minutes standing ovation at the Premiere and says that "The film’s elaborate action scenes and witty one-liners delivered by Phoebe Waller-Bridge mostly received a muted response inside the theater. During parts of the 142-minute film, audience members could be heard whispering out of boredom in French."