Five things we ALL agree on?

Abe Vayoda

Curious to know if there is anything ALL of the Raveners can agree on. Let?s see if we can find something we all believe and find true. Can even be in a joking manner. If you don?t agree with one, state it, I want to know.

1. At some point, we will all die.
2. Friendship is more important than politics

And I?m spent? :p

Abe Vayoda

The idea wasn't that we really stop at five... just to discuss things that we feel we can all agree with, and maybe see if others have a different viewpoint (like Clinton and his nano-chips).

Johan

I already have a problem with number 1...although I don't have a problem with dying; it's very possible with the return of the Lord, some may not have to pass through death.

you could change number 1 to " We are all going to die (with the exception of those believing in the second coming)

Abe Vayoda

Didn't anticipate that (but I should have), but thank you. I guess it kind've shows that nothing is concrete.

By the way, before this gets out of hand, I'd rather this thread not get into a religious debate. This isn't about what's fact or belief, but about what we can agree or disagree with.

Oh, and i can't change anything, the edit function is disabled on that post.

Johan

I don't expect this one to become a religious debate. No reason to. We can't argue the validity of future events to easily.

Abe Vayoda

I know, but some people like to argue. Which is fine till we resort to name calling.

Anyway another one:
**** stinks.

qwerty

For biger trips traveling by car always beats walking.
In New York the fastest way of traveling is via bicycle.
(I watched Top Gear all day)

Earth is not flat. (1000 years ago this sentence would kill you)

"you could change number 1 to " We are all going to die (with the exception of those believing in the second coming)"

No... cause they're gonna die too... whether they believe it or not....

That's a fact.

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
"you could change number 1 to " We are all going to die (with the exception of those believing in the second coming)"

That's a fact.

Shove your "facts", the fact is: You have no facts. And you will see it along with everyone else someday.

The fact is, everything in our universe dies... All things pass... It is the nature of our very existance.... Got anything else to show but wild speculation and religious zeal, I'd be happy to see it....

I'll happily stand beside you "IndyJohan", when you get to "The End" so you can see the "I Told You So" look on my face.... :whip:

Jay R. Zay

ClintonHammond said:

That's a fact.

i think we could agree on this ;) and by the way "shove your facts" is not the way you were trying to re-establish a friendly community, is it, Johan?

Finn

Staff member
IndyJohan said:
You have no facts.
You do?

Jay R. Zay said:
i think we could agree on this ;) and by the way "shove your facts" is not the way you were trying to re-establish a friendly community, is it, Johan?
I said something about a mirror...

<small>And just so we wouldn't sway from original topic... never say "I love you" to an Irishman.</small>