Five things we ALL agree on?

Johan

Jay R. Zay said:
i think we could agree on this ;) and by the way "shove your facts" is not the way you were trying to re-establish a friendly community, is it, Johan?

No.
Becuase this was a clear example of what I was saying in my thread and I'm not having fun anymore. You can't even have a discussion with such comments read in this thread. I didn't write my "second coming" comment in this thread to get shut down or even have a discussion. I was simply responding to the topic of the thread. I find it a waste of time to discuss scripture and my beliefs in the end times (and beyond) with people that don't know scripture or have no relationship with Christ...because they are blind, and hardened thier hearts and opinions. I could get discussions like this at several other forums.
All I wanted to do is write what "we can all agree on" as the discussion of topic...and then people go and turn it into flat out "You're and idiot because you're beliefs are not valid" idealism.

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
Wasn't that part of marriage vows...to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, til death do us part and oh yeah what five things do we agree on?

I personally think everyone can not agree on five things (worth a try but very rare). It's kind of like being married...you can't agree on everything but we do agree:

1. Never go to bed angry
2. Have reasonable discussions and compromises
3. each of us have different likes and dislikes
4. We both like Harrison Ford as an actor(I favor Indy, him Han Solo..go figure)
5. death does happen but until then have fun, be merry, and life your life to the fulliest.

I think most of us can agree to some of these but not all.

My two cents.

Indy Parise

Some may say the glass is half empty, some half full, but the Irish will forever say "Are you going to drink that?"

can we all agree on this?

Gustav

I concur, Parise.

Finn, why don't you ever say "I love you" to an Irishman?

And Jay, I want to fight you.

Pale Horse

Staff member
IndyJohan said:
I find it a waste of time to discuss scripture and my beliefs in the end times (and beyond) with people that don't know scripture or have no relationship with Christ...because they are blind, and hardened thier hearts and opinions.

See Matt 5:43. You are the salt of the world. When others see you they should see a reflection of what you believe, not contempt. It detracts from the message.

That said, hang in there.

"people that don't know scripture or have no relationship with Christ..."
I've read your little book... and I dismiss it....

It's also impossible to have a 'relationship' with someone or something that never existed, unless one is (at least self) delusional....

"I'm not having fun anymore"
That's no ones fault but yours...

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
"people that don't know scripture or have no relationship with Christ..."
I've read your little book... and I dismiss it....

It's also impossible to have a 'relationship' with someone or something that never existed, unless one is (at least self) delusional....

"I'm not having fun anymore"
That's no ones fault but yours...

You may have read it but you don't KNOW it. You can't understand it without having a revelation of what's in it...and for that you need a relationship.
Call me delusional, because I can't dismiss they MANY way's he's revealed himself...I've said it many times in these threads before.

See Matt 5:43. You are the salt of the world. When others see you they should see a reflection of what you believe, not contempt. It detracts from the message.
That said, hang in there
I'm not here to preach a message...it's just that every time I form my opionion when asked for, it get's slammed because they don't share that opinion. Again, I never signed up a few years ago for these message boards to defend my faith and beliefs; or talk to people that have thier head in a whole and won't acknowledge any matters of faith and beliefs.
How many people have these boards lost in the past year because of the dull content...the same things being said in the same arguments.
When I say my opinion, Jay, CH and people that don't share the same views: I ALREADY KNOW YOUR VIEWS YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP REPEATING THE SAME "FACTS"ext... or SLAMMING MY BELIEFS...blah blah...I don't believe in the supernatural. I GET IT!