Ford injured making Indy 5

Archaeos

"treatments to be evaluated"... "production schedule will be adjusted over the next week"... that sounds like it could mean it's not a trivial injury, and could have repercussions for the release date... Let's hope Ford isn't following Tom Cruise in Mi:6-style injury... :ninja: ;)

emtiem

"treatments to be evaluated"... "production schedule will be adjusted over the next week"... that sounds like it could mean it's not a trivial injury, and could have repercussions for the release date... Let's hope Ford isn't following Tom Cruise in Mi:6-style injury... :ninja: ;)
Yes, do spokespersons normally put out statements when actors get a bit injured? It sounds like it will have an impact.

Forbidden Eye

This is why we wanted filming to happen as soon as possible. The longer they waited, the most likely this was gonna happen.

This news does make me wonder how Vic Armstrong is doing. Maybe it’s time for what they did on Temple Of Doom?

The Man

This is why we wanted filming to happen as soon as possible. The longer they waited, the most likely this was gonna happen.

This news does make me wonder how Vic Armstrong is doing. Maybe it’s time for what they did on Temple Of Doom?
Feasible, but I suspect Ford wants to seen in as many frames as humanly possible. Nobody was eagle-eyed for stand-ins watching TOD. Dude's gonna push himself to ridiculous levels to prove himself on this one. Hence, perhaps, the injury.

Jonesy9906753

Indiana-Jones-Drinking-74480.gif

Me: Drowning my worries, hoping the rest of the shoot goes smoothly.

BlueCoronado

I think it's kind of gangsta Ford wants to do his own stunts, wants to play the character over Han Solo, and even at 78 has the balls to get out there and say I'm going to make an action film. I'm tired of hearing this "he's too old" stuff. If he feels like he can do it, let him. So he threw a shoulder out in a fight. Let him ice it up and get back at it but have some faith in the guy for christ sakes.i want to see indy get older because we see him take a hell of a beating in this films. Dragged by cars and tanks, fist fights ect.

JediJones

If it's a rotator cuff injury, it can take a long time to heal, and may need surgery.

"Often times the stiffness can be treated, and the pain resolves. It takes the repaired rotator cuff tendons about six weeks to heal initially to the bone, three months to form a relatively strong attachment to the bone, and about six to nine months before the tendon is completely healed to the bone."

I'd be fine with having a stuntman do all the physical work and CGI'ing Ford's face on. Everyone knows all the best stunts in Bond or Indy films are done by stuntmen anyway.

JediJones

His injury on Episode 7 happened on June 11, 2014 and a mid-August 2014 article said he was returning to filming later that month.

JediJones

It would a shame if he can't even throw punches though. I really hope it's not too bad.
I do remember reading that a ton of Temple of Doom was filmed with his stuntman while he was out with his back injury. Maybe even to the point of doing shots where he was seen from the back or from a distance even if it wasn't a stunt. Might be time for Spiel to step in and advise Mangold on how to pull that off. It might have ended up helping TOD be more of a fist-pounding action-adventure, because there was no limit to how intense the action could be when the stuntman is acting as the star. No need to worry about getting into debates about whether Ford or the stuntman should do the scene.