Games with heavy Indiana Jones influences

Would the King's Valley games on the MSX and MSX2 somewhat qualify?

They are pretty simple arcade games but they involve a main character exploring pyramids

dire51

Circling all the way back to a game I mentioned over a decade ago here (my god, has it been that long?): Montezuma's Revenge finally got an NES release last year, which was later ported to the Switch, Steam and other platforms. Panama Joe is no longer the hero, though. Now it's Pedro.

Find out more here: https://normaldistribution.com/

Another "Indiana Clone," so to speak, was released by Namco in the '80s for the Famicom: Babel no Tou, which stars Indy Borgnine. Instead of being an action game, though, it's a devilishly hard puzzle game with some action thrown in.

It was recently released for the Switch as Mystery Tower. Nintendo Switch Online members should have access to it now.

IndyHype

Hi everyone! I found this community by chance while on a hunt for translations for the German Indy books. Here goes my first post!

I’m always on the lookout for interactive Indiana Jones experiences. I’d love to hear some recommendations in the hopes of finding something new.

With The Great Circle still out of reach, I’ll list out some of the ways I’ve kept myself entertained to hopefully paint a picture of what I’ve seen and for what I’m looking.

Naturally, I’ve exhausted most of his official outings:

• The Last Crusade (PC)
  • Greatest Adventures
  • The Fate of Atlantis
  • The Infernal Machine
  • The Emperor’s Tomb
  • The Staff of Kings
  • Lego: The Original Adventures
  • Lego 2: The Adventure Continues
I was also most definitely roped into his collaboration with Fortnite last year, during the game’s “Chapter 3, Season 3.”

While I’m aware of his earlier titles, such as:

• Raiders of the Lost Ark (Atari)
  • The Temple of Doom (Arcade)
  • The Last Crusade (NES)
  • His Desktop Adventures
I must admit, that I’ve more eagerly leapt into “The Inspired by” and “Indy-Like” titles such as:

• Broken Sword
  • Tomb Raider
  • Uncharted
I know there are also some more obscure titles like these I haven’t yet explored, such as:

• Adam’s Venture
  • Deadfall: Adventures
  • Powerslave
But I’d love to hear some more recommendations, be it official or “Indy-like.” I just discovered the GZDoom mod, Venturous, and that was quite the ride!

There’s also the more obscure, sort of “kit-bashing,” entries that I’ve really enjoyed over the years:

• A WWII mod for 1993’s “Doom” can be loaded with 1994’s “Heretic” to transform Ravensoft’s classic fantasy Action game into a very cathartic Indy-like Fortune-Hunter affair.
  • The Smuggler Class Story-Arc of “Star Wars: The Old Republic” resembles what I would very endearingly moniker as “Indiana Jones in space,” and has a hat/jacket option to look the part.
  • WWE’s “Day of Reckoning” (GameCube), (as well as likely many other wrestling titles), has a fedora, slacks, and a dress shirt with rolled sleeves in it’s wrestler creator. This is more than enough to put Indy the ring.
  • Uncharted 3’s Co-Op arena (which is still available for offline play in split-screen on PS3) has a very kit-bashable Indy build for its “Custom Hero” Character.
  • Mortal Kombat: Armageddon’s “Kreate a Fighter” can kit-bash an Indy worthy of climbing the Arcade’s tower.
These sort of entries really work for me, especially with their cosmetic draw.

It’s a very rare day where I won’t at least try a game if I can rock the Indiana Jones look. Heck, I’d give the Zelda games a try, or throw a little money towards something like Genshin Impact if someone were to tell me I could look like, or, with a little imagination, BE Indiana Jones for my entire time with game (Hence the brief Fortnite foray).

That being said, something with very clearly drawn, named characters in a very narrative-heavy experience, such as Red Dead Redemption 2 (which I really enjoy, as is), or Resident Evil 4 (which has quite the extensive Indy Mod) would kind of get in the way of an effective make-shift Indy-experience, as would something like Soulcalibur VI, with incredible customization, but a progression system that requires playing through a campaign with characters outside of Indy, effectively making Indy a bonus character, rather than the protagonist.

What Indiana Jones games (or games that can be made into Indiana Jones games) are you guys playing? What do you recommend?

Damon

What Indiana Jones games (or games that can be made into Indiana Jones games) are you guys playing? What do you recommend?

A game that might be worth checking out is Assassins Creed: Origins. The present day protagonist Layla has a very adventure inspired look to her.

However, she doesn't do all that much, to be honest. You spend 90 percent of the time in past Egypt, playing Bayek, the last medjay. You can explore ruins, pyramids, etc. It really has a great adventure vibe, albeit different than Indiana Jones. I have no idea if the (present day) story makes sense to newcomers, though.