General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Hanselation

indyjones2131 said:
Not shooting next year? Paramount said the same thing.

I'm all for them waiting to get the script right, but they waited 20 years for KOTCS and well...

But if they don't shoot next year, then we're looking at 2013 at the earliest for release?

Geez.

Should they wait so long?

Spielberg, Lucas, Paramount and Marshall, they all denied, that the Indy 5 shooting will be next year. So I would like to see that IMDB will also update their Indiana Jones 5 section. There still is 2012 announced.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462764/

Lance Quazar

Attila the Professor said:
It's not just a matter of disrespect...it's that I'm pretty sure you can't have acting without real live actors. Even animated films have voice actors.

Something like this isn't a continuation of a legacy; it's just using an actor's physical appearance and some sort of simulation of their gestures and voice. It doesn't have his soul, what makes him tick. It can be well-crafted, perhaps, but I'm not sure it can be art - it surely can't be a performance. What makes these films greater than the average action film is that they have, even in their lesser moments, the humanity set in place by the first film.

A-men.

Montana Smith

musicrooms.net admits they're just as confused as the rest of us:

musicrooms.net said:
MusicRooms on 10/06/2010

We are not the only ones who have reported on this story, it is not something we fabricated. Our media partner The Press Association have also reported on the same rumour, and so have other reputable and reliable sources.

Like we said on our previous post, Frank Marshall has now said they are still in the ?research phase? and have not set a filming schedule.

We will have a follow up to this story to clarify things. Thanks guys :)

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/8610-Harrison-Fords-Final-Outing-Indiana-Jones-Will-Emotional.html

Credit for extracting this out of them goes to one of our own!

The Tingler

129188504231916154.jpg

Fail.

Dene

I wonder if the cancellation of Spielberg's proposed Harvey remake had any bearing on Indy 5's continued non-appearance (thus far)?

I just checked and it was announced in August last year (how quickly the time goes), so would presumably have begun filming in January or so for a fourth quarter 2010 release... allowing enough time for prep on another Indy to shoot summer '11.

However, its cancellation led to his actual next pic, War Horse, not filming until early August according to Variety yesterday. Assuming a 3-4 month shoot it'll wrap before Christmas and with an August '11 release the Spiel will be busy with post until well into the Spring I guess... not allowing enough time to prep another Indy :(.

All speculation of course and since he has shot back-to-back a number of times in his career, if they really want to shoot Indy next year they'll no doubt make it happen, but the dates don't really fit I don't think. Maybe that's why Frank Marshall can be so emphatic that it won't film.

Indy's brother

Regarding the recent rumor, I just keep turning it over in my head (because I'm an obsessed freak like that). It's hard to know what to make of all this. It's kind of bizarre that this bombshell was dropped seemingly out of nowhere in the middle of this drought of Indy 5 info. If you think about it, it would be easier to believe either the rumor or the denials if it didn't say so much, you know? It sure would be nice if this was the beginning of the Indy 5 media rumor-mill leading up to Indy 5, eh?

Dr. Gonzo

I can't believe that some of us take these illegitimate sources so seriously.

Look Spielberg is busy for a long while and correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't said a word or shown any interest in Jones lately. His to do list is getting bigger and bigger.

Harrison is now (in my opinion) on that border of being too old to play Jones. Look at that Fail picture... a lot of faithful people will say "he looks great" - I'd like to see another go for a movie but he looks pretty haggard to me.

The last thing that has come from Lucas' mouth about Indiana Jones was "Well in theory I'm working on it but... (garbled)"
- the clue words here are "in theory"
(used in describing what is supposed to happen or be possible, usually with the implication that it does not in fact happen)
and the word "but"
(used to indicate the impossibility of anything other than what is being stated)

I hate conjecture and hearsay and lately that is all that this thread has become. I know this thread is labeled rumors and possibilities but I usually come here to find some information and have to sift through pages of crap only to find nothing significant has happened lately. I'll check this thread once in a while to really find out some actual information but all I'll find is hopeful insinuations that they've been secretly filming or whatever.

I submit to this thread that the only news that is next worthy of discussion here should come from either one of the beards or Harrison ...and furthermore the only news that would actually be worthy as an update on the possible progression of Indiana Jones 5 is "We've agreed on a story", "a screenwriter has been hired" or "a screenplay has been finished" anything else is particles of excrement floating in the breeze.

I'll say this once more, I am an Indiana Jones fan but all signs are pointing to this movie, with Harrison as Indy and Spielberg as director, never seeing the light of day.

I've said my piece.

Indy's brother

Dr. Gonzo said:
I hate conjecture and hearsay and lately that is all that this thread has become. I know this thread is labeled rumors and possibilities but I usually come here to find some information and have to sift through pages of crap only to find nothing significant has happened lately. I'll check this thread once in a while to really find out some actual information but all I'll find is hopeful insinuations that they've been secretly filming or whatever.

I submit to this thread that the only news that is next worthy of discussion here should come from either one of the beards or Harrison ...and furthermore the only news that would actually be worthy as an update on the possible progression of Indiana Jones 5 is "We've agreed on a story", "a screenwriter has been hired" or "a screenplay has been finished" anything else is particles of excrement floating in the breeze.

I can understand your frustration, Dr. Gonzo, but as you yourself pointed out, that's what this thread is for. If all you are interested in is reliable news, devoid of editorial, conjecture, and other sorts of comments,that sort of thing can be found on theraider.net's homepage in the news section.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, it just seems a bit ridiculous to complain about a thread doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
I can understand your frustration, Dr. Gonzo, but as you yourself pointed out, that's what this thread is for. If all you are interested in is reliable news, devoid of editorial, conjecture, and other sorts of comments,that sort of thing can be found on theraider.net's homepage in the news section.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, it just seems a bit ridiculous to complain about a thread doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

Frustration is right... but think about this for a minute, I'm pretty sure The Raven might be the number one source for indy fans to come together, gather, collect and share information. I also happen to know that when some news sites come looking for indy information they come here as there first stop and then follow the leads, check the facts, and trail info to its original source, website etc. and then use that as their information on Indy news. What I am saying is that this thread it self has the ability to fuel the fire on a bogus or really unconfirmed story and make it appear legit. then that goes to a news source and then we find that piece of info and it makes us think that its even truer that piece of info we beefed up... its a cycle. It's like we are getting our own hopes up.

If I was to start an INDIANA JONES 5 - THE FACTS thread it would no doubt be shut down because this is the general Indy 5 thread.

Do you catch my drift?

Last edited:

Indy's brother

We can not be held responsible for how other sites get their news, or for those sites' news content. I have no allegiance to anonymous looky-loo's. Dr. Gonzo, if we are to censor our discussions to your liking in this thread, what more appropriate place in this forum should Indy fans congregate to discuss such matters? Is there a moderator around to clear up this matter, or at least referee....? I feel like I'm allowing myself to get mired in a pissing match....

emtiem

Dr. Gonzo said:
Harrison is now (in my opinion) on that border of being too old to play Jones. Look at that Fail picture... a lot of faithful people will say "he looks great" - I'd like to see another go for a movie but he looks pretty haggard to me.

To be fair; you could have said that before KOTCS too. Take a look at his interviews on the DVD documentaries: he looks like he's had a stroke! But come the day, when he's scrubbed up and he actually wants to look like a movie star, he still looks the part.

Dr. Gonzo said:
I'll say this once more, I am an Indiana Jones fan but all signs are pointing to this movie, with Harrison as Indy and Spielberg as director, never seeing the light of day.

I'd love another, but I'd agree that Spielberg appears to be the strongest stumbling block. I get the feeling he's done with Indy; but you never can tell: I thought Indy 4 would never happen! :)

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
We can not be held responsible for how other sites get their news, or for those sites' news content. I have no allegiance to anonymous looky-loo's. Dr. Gonzo, if we are to censor our discussions to your liking in this thread, what more appropriate place in this forum should Indy fans congregate to discuss such matters? Is there a moderator around to clear up this matter, or at least referee....? I feel like I'm allowing myself to get mired in a pissing match....

Well look, no need for all this pissing match stuff...

All I'm saying is that perhaps a separate rumors/possibilities and confirmed facts thread should be established. Maybe? Moderators? They probably just want to keep it to this thread until something more official happens though so... I digress.

Nothing personal there Indy's Brother, I'm not attacking you at all, just the way the information is presented, I usually don't have a lot of time to scan through this forum, so thats why I have my stance. I could just check the confirmed facts thread and then if nothing has changed move on to more important matters. I didn't think our two way dialogue was heated so if there was any offense... twas not intended.

Indy's brother

Oh, no worries, Dr. G. I was just looking around to see if anyone in charge here could give an official forum perspective before this spiraled into one of those 2 or 3 page screaming matches that crops up here from time to time, then both parties get a stern tongue-lashing. I have enough respect for my fellow raveners and mods to attempt to stave off such a fate before my smart mouth got too far ahead of itself.

Perhaps there should be a sticky linking Moedred's list of news, which I believe is what you are looking for. Of course the right way to do THAT would be to create a separate forum for Indy 5.....yeah, that'll happen......:rolleyes:

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
Oh, no worries, Dr. G. I was just looking around to see if anyone in charge here could give an official forum perspective before this spiraled into one of those 2 or 3 page screaming matches that crops up here from time to time, then both parties get a stern tongue-lashing. I have enough respect for my fellow raveners and mods to attempt to stave off such a fate before my smart mouth got too far ahead of itself.

Perhaps there should be a sticky linking Moedred's list of news, which I believe is what you are looking for. Of course the right way to do THAT would be to create a separate forum for Indy 5.....yeah, that'll happen......:rolleyes:

Always a fellow traveler
:hat:

James

emtiem said:
I'd love another, but I'd agree that Spielberg appears to be the strongest stumbling block.

I think Lucas is probably still the wild card here. Ford and Spielberg have both made it clear they are willing to do another, and each man is more than capable of juggling multiple projects.

On the other hand, Lucas seems to approach each potential project as if he has from now until the year 2092. I'm actually surprised he hasn't attempted more Indy films over the years, since it's such a perfect outlet for him to indulge his love of pulp genres.

I would've gladly accepted 3 or 4 Temple of Dooms or Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls over the past 20 years- even if it meant the original trilogy would've never become such a sacred cow. I don't really need for any of this stuff to be highly respected, but I do have a rather insatiable urge to see Harrison Ford beaten up and menaced by all manner of giant boulders, evil armies, and atomic blasts.

Mickiana

That FAIL picture is just a bad shot at an inopportune moment. Who looks great all the time? I feel and look like a sack of potatoes some mornings and I'm just 42. I wouldn't care if Harry had a bit of nip and tuck for his next Indy outing. He'll hit the gym and get fit, probably give up the hooch for the duration of the shoot at least and be back in the saddle ready and raring to go.

emtiem

James said:
I think Lucas is probably still the wild card here. Ford and Spielberg have both made it clear they are willing to do another, and each man is more than capable of juggling multiple projects.

Spielberg has? I haven't seen him say that; must have missed it. I know Lucas hasn't really come out and said it, but I suppose you can count Marshall as saying that GL has been working on it.

James said:
I would've gladly accepted 3 or 4 Temple of Dooms or Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls over the past 20 years- even if it meant the original trilogy would've never become such a sacred cow. I don't really need for any of this stuff to be highly respected, but I do have a rather insatiable urge to see Harrison Ford beaten up and menaced by all manner of giant boulders, evil armies, and atomic blasts.

I'm with you there: there's enough to treasure in KOTCS to make me happy it happened.