General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Olliana

Montana Smith said:
He's given up the burden. Harrison is Mickey's problem now.

Well, not entirely. Afaik Paramount still has some say in the matter. Also, I guess Lucas has some kind of priority in puzzling out the story.

Montana Smith

Olliana said:
Well, not entirely. Afaik Paramount still has some say in the matter. Also, I guess Lucas has some kind of priority in puzzling out the story.

A box, a ****, a mug and a see-through noggin.

I think that was the extent of Mr. Lucas' ideas, so he palmed the old boy and exited stage right.

Vance

Olliana said:

Do they have production rights or just distribution? I was never entirely clear on that since there aren't any 'production names' from Paramount's side on the films... Just having distribution rights would make the negotiations for any future properties a lot easier.

IndyBuff

Henry W Jones said:
I'm pretty sure Indy 5 has gone the way of the Dodo. :(

Agreed. I held out hope for a few years but at this point I'm not going to think about it any more. I'm glad we finally got a fourth film and there's no reason why they couldn't have gotten back together for one last adventure in the past few years. It doesn't seem like any of them have it as a priority and with Ford's age it really should be if they want to make another one.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
Pardon my stupidity, Pale Horse, but I don't see the connection.:confused: Please, enligthen me...

What does this have to do with Indy 5 "rumours & possibilites"?:confused:

Simply, that animation has surplanted the 'Adventure' film in the Disney/Lucasfilm world. Up is about a 65+ year old adventurer and his much older mentor, in the jungles of South America.

TinTin is another animation adventure of the same ilk. It's just easier to do.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Simply, that animation has surplanted the 'Adventure' film in the Disney/Lucasfilm world. Up is about a 65+ year old adventurer and his much older mentor, in the jungles of South America.

TinTin is another animation adventure of the same ilk. It's just easier to do.

If Indy has a future, I think this is it where it lies. It then depends on the style of animation, the type of stories and the age range they aim for whether it'll be regarded as a legimitate part of the series.

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
If Indy has a future, I think this is it where it lies. It then depends on the style of animation, the type of stories and the age range they aim for whether it'll be regarded as a legimitate part of the series.

"A legitimate part of the series" would require live action, as the stunt-work is a major component of Indy's charm. After all, it's easier to identify with Indy's "everyman" quality if the good doctor is not traipsing through the uncanny valley a-la Tin Tin. That was jarring for me.

However, an animated entry could easily slip into the expanded universe and find it's own level of legitimacy that way. I wouldn't be interested in a full-length animated feature, though. A series would be a better place for it, IMHO.

RKORadio

Ford is getting too old to play Indy as he was in Raiders, Temple and Last Crusade.

Lets' allow Indy some dignity and give him a Star Trek: Generations-type movie where he can pass the torch to a new generation and go out in one final blaze of glory.

Montana Smith

RKORadio said:
Ford is getting too old to play Indy as he was in Raiders, Temple and Last Crusade.

Lets' allow Indy some dignity and give him a Star Trek: Generations-type movie where he can pass the torch to a new generation and go out in one final blaze of glory.

(y)

As long as he doesn't pass it to Mutt. :sick:

The thing is Harrison wanted to really make Indy 5 he's powerful enough in the business get a directer and make the film on his own, if he wanted Indy5 that much he would have really pushed for it after Skull in 2008. He's know's he's getting old now, why waste time on other things, Indiana Is the best thing ever did.

Henry Jones VII

Montana Smith said:
(y)

As long as he doesn't pass it to Mutt.

taxidriver.gif

Udvarnoky

Túrin Turambar said:
The thing is Harrison wanted to really make Indy 5 he's powerful enough in the business get a directer and make the film on his own

It's not Harrison Ford's property.

IndyForever

Spielberg also dropped Interstellar & is letting Chris Nolan direct so that means he is either going to try & put Indy5 together or something Star Wars related with Lucasfilm I suspect one or the other perhaps we will hear something in the next few weeks its pretty much the last hurrah for Indy 5 so lets all hope Spielberg wants to really make it happen soon all it takes is Spielberg/Lucas sitting down together & agreeing then putting a few months pre-production in to make the story happen.

foreignerfred

Indy's brother said:
No it does not. It does not implicitly mean either of those things.

I agree. I have nearly zero faith that ANYONE that would be involved in Indy 5 thinks it will happen.

HOWEVER. With this Lucasfilm deal now out in the open, and all the news of a new Star Wars trilogy coming out soon...a trilogy that Lucas supposedly listened to various pitches in order to approve a three-movie-arc plot outline...I think it's safe to say that this enormous monetary deal and LIFE CHANGE has been the reason Lucas hasn't gotten around to working on Indy 5.

We just thought he was being lazy.

Lucas' plate is now empty in a way that it hasn't been in decades. Slim chance, but he MIGHT actually be working on Indy now, and Steven clearing his schedule MIGHT be a sign that he's making way for one last adventure.

Think about it, Steven has always said when George is ready, he has his director. He never once -- that I know of -- said, "I will see if I'm busy" or "When he's ready, next time my schedule opens up, I'll direct it." Spielberg is Hollywood royalty. He can clear his schedule whenever he wants.

Perhaps George is ready, so Steven has cleared his schedule to live out his promise.

Again, SLIM CHANCE, but even the most burned, depressed cynic around here has to acknowledge, it's still A CHANCE.

IndyForever

Sadly looks like a false alarm Spielberg has clarified he is spending the next few months tweaking the Robo story from scratch to reduce the budget.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/the...illa-oscar-directors-and-the-films-they-make/

?(In terms of the delay), I found another way to tell the story,? Spielberg told Deadline this morning. ?I had an epiphany and I only have had these a couple of time during the course of my work and whenever those voices occur, I need to listen to them. I found another way to tell the story, it?s a much more personal story for me. I let my cast and crew go make other movies, while I take a half a year to get it to the place that I need it.? Spielberg would not go as far as saying whether he?ll take on another picture before he gets to this. ?I don?t know,? he said. ?I?m going to wait until March when I?m going to redevelop it.?