General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Morning Bell

Many actors tend to look older and harsher without the effects of makeup and other film techniques. I have no doubt that if Ford dons the fedora again for another adventure he'll do well, just like he did in KOTCS.:whip:

Mickiana

How many people of any age, let alone in their mid 60s, do you know that are in such good shape? I'm 41 and having been prone to love handles and a pot belly for the last 10 years, but i can blame my home brewing and my love of weber barbeque. I think I will renew my gym membership and lift more barbells instead of beer glasses!

kongisking

The Man said:
How does the cemetery scene translate on Blu-Ray, Darth? I remember quite liking its tone in the cinema...

Why not just buy the DVD and see for yourself? Oh, wait...you vowed that you would never, ever buy KOTCS. I remember. Whoops!

SUCKS TO BE YOU!!! :p :rolleyes: :eek:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
kongisking said:
Why not just buy the DVD and see for yourself? Oh, wait...you vowed that you would never, ever buy KOTCS. I remember. Whoops!

SUCKS TO BE YOU!!! :p :rolleyes: :eek:

One of these days, we're going to send people in to rip the exclamation mark off of your keyboard...whatever you need for the angry smilies too.

Dr.Jonesy

Attila the Professor said:
One of these days, we're going to send people in to rip the exclamation mark off of your keyboard...whatever you need for the angry smilies too.

It's funny to picture some guy breaking into a house, sneaking into the computer room, just to rip off the "1/!" key out of a keyboard...and leaving.

:D

HJJNR

My local radio station has confirmed Indy 5.

So there I was, minding my own business when I hear on my local radio station (96.9 Viking FM) and I quote.

Actor Harrison Ford is going to reprise his character Indiana Jones in a 5th AND FINAL film for 2011.

He celebrates his 67th birthday this year and he wants Indy 5 in the bag before he hits 70.

Just thought it would be of interest to a few people here.

YES!!! :whip:

HJJNR

Legit.

AlivePoet said:
^ We may harm you if that ain't legit.

I swear on the souls of my 3 children I heard it with my own ears, more importantly my 6 year old son heard it too. He cheered; " Daddy, Indy 5 YES!"

If it aint legit, blame Viking FM not me!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

James

HJJNR said:
Thats what the news reader said "5th and final episode" before he hits 70.

I don't dispute the fact that they reported it, but we should keep in mind that radio deejays simply recycle whatever they've read/heard in the media.

So while it's nice to see that people are talking about the idea, this guy was probably just repeating the recent Indy 5 rumors.

HJJNR

James said:
I don't dispute the fact that they reported it, but we should keep in mind that radio deejays simply recycle whatever they've read/heard in the media.

So while it's nice to see that people are talking about the idea, this guy was probably just repeating the recent Indy 5 rumors.

I hear what your saying but she was quoting Harrison ford. I'll try and get a sound bite for you guys. If I can. they do news on the hour so if you goto the address I gave earlier and have a listen, see if it comes on again.

She said Harrison ford IS (not rumoured to be) going to play Indiana Jones for the 5th and final outing.

http://www.vikingfm.co.uk/default.asp?i=yes

Lance Quazar

James said:
/QUOTE]

Indeed. Respectfully, it's unlikely your "local radio station" has a scoop that all the other countless outlets, websites, papers, TV stations, programs, etc. just all happened to miss.

kongisking

Attila the Professor said:

Yeah, I know...I do that WAAAAY to much (as well as that. :rolleyes: )

HJJNR

Lance Quazar said:
James said:
/QUOTE]

Indeed. Respectfully, it's unlikely your "local radio station" has a scoop that all the other countless outlets, websites, papers, TV stations, programs, etc. just all happened to miss.

Hey I'm just reporting what I heard. don't shoot the messenger lol.
:gun:

With all due respect, it was only 1 source to inform the world that Michael Jackson had died initially. We have no definates either way but I got excited on hearing the news.

James

HJJNR said:
With all due respect, it was only 1 source to inform the world that Michael Jackson had died initially. We have no definates either way but I got excited on hearing the news.

No need to apologize for sharing the news. :)

I'm just saying we should consider the source and keep it in perspective. Case in point: Earlier this year, my local station announced that Rod Stewart was going to reunite and tour with The Faces this summer. (They were quoting bandmate Ron Wood.)

As for Harrison Ford returning to play Indy again, I don't think that's even in doubt here. I do believe he wants to return and that he wants to do so before he's 70.

Hanselation

That announcement, that Harrison will do Indy 5 before he get's 70 has a good foundation: Harrison Ford!
I believe that message is true. Come on, you know the energy of this this guy who played Indiana Jones in 4 movies...until know. ;)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It's bad journalism, loosely based on this bad journalism, based on "industry sources."
Harrison Ford is set to return as heroic alter-ego Indiana Jones – just before he’s 70.
The veteran Hollywood star, who turns 67 later this month, is set to play the swashbuckling Jones for the fifth and final time on the big screen.
Fellow actor Shia LaBeouf, who played Indiana’s son in last year’s flick Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, has revealed that director Steven Spielberg plans another instalment, with Ford again in the lead role.
Industry sources say filming will not take place until next year and that the movie is unlikely to be released before 2011, when Ford will be 69.
“Harrison has kept himself in good shape and could still do a lot of the stunts in the last film,” we’re told.
“But it’s obviously not going to get any easier the older he gets. He certainly would never have imagined playing Indiana Jones when he was nearing 70!”