JediJones said:
Gentle Giant SDCC Exclusive Indiana Jones Artifact Crate Paperweight - $35.00

Indiana Jones Artifact Crate Paperweight
Price: US$35.00
Item #: 11042 -
In Stock

Limited Edition of 3000
Stands 4.5 inches tall

Each crate features a detachable magnetic whip and fedora, a removable crate lid and rubber snakes.
Collections are randomly packed. Every crate will contain one of three artifact collections. Collection 1 includes: the Golden Idol and Well of Souls hieroglyphics Tablet. Collection 2 includes: the Sankara Stones and Holy Grail Cup. Collection 3 includes the Krystal Skull.

2008 Comic Con Exclusive

productDetail.png

original.png

I just received mine today, with the Raiders items in the second pic here. I love it; I want all three of them now!

Here are some observations I made in another thread:

Crack that whip said:
I didn't even know about all the details of the sculpture - specifically, the miniature period magazines and newspapers lining the floor of the crate; very sweet! The rubber snakes are of course just ordinary cheap toy snakes of the sort one can get for pennies in the cheap toy aisles in supermarkets and the like, but it's a nice touch to include them at all.

My crate assortment is the all-Raiders collection, with the Chachapoyan fertility idol and the Well of Souls hieroglyphic tablet. Ooh, I hadn't realized the Idol was a solid hunk of actual metal - I thought it'd be plated or painted plastic or ceramic, but no...

The magnets built into the hat and the crate corner hold the hat on the crate reasonably securely - certainly enough for a shelfbound display piece that's not going to be swooshed around like a toy plane or something. The sculpting and paint are pretty nicely done, and I think it's one of the most attractive "collectible sculpture"-type collectibles at this price point or price points a notch or three higher. Having seen this one now, my only quibble with the product is that aside from having to get multiples to get all the artifacts, not all the artifacts I'd like to see are represented in the collection...

All in all, it's a fine piece, and having gotten this one and found it quite pleasing I very much want to get a couple more to complete a set. I may start trying to do just that, actually. Perhaps, for those collectors who do get multiples of this and wind up with the same MacGuffin assortments, we should start a new trading thread...

Lon

I received mine the other day as well. Mine has the crystal skull in it. I too would like to obtain the other two pieces.

drjonesdoll

Has anybody heard anything on the horse statue from Crusade? One website is listing August 29th as their arrival date and I noticed a couple of sellers on Ebay are now saying they ship out within 30 days. Just curious...

drjonesdoll

Gentle Giant Horse Statue

Has anybody seen any real photos posted yet of this? My credit card was just charged from Northside and I see where several Ebay accounts are now listing as in stock. Dying to see some shots of it! I guess I will see soon enough when I get it in a few days.

Rhys135

Regarding the Indy on Horse statue has anyone...

got in-hand pictures?
know if it's a limited piece?

And has anyone in UK seen the Holy Grail here, or know where to order one from. None on eBay or Forbidden Planet's website.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I think they were canceled along with Indy and his Dad in the Motorcycle from Gentle Giant last Feb... sorry

Rhys135 said:
Regarding the Indy on Horse statue has anyone...

got in-hand pictures?
know if it's a limited piece?.

yes - I'll try and upload by the weekend (both versions)

yes - both versions are (I'll check that too)...

Les

Rhys135

Nice one - it would be appriciated as I can't seem to find any on here or through gooogle.

I'm asking as I'm thinking of buying the statue.

ROB98374

Gentle Giant SALE

There is a sale going on at Gentle Giant. Now is the time to pick up some stuff if you haven't already!

IJ EE Exclusive Short Round MB – REG $54.99 SALE $44.99
Entertainment Earth Exclusive!
•Heroes always need a sidekick.
•Is this exclusive statue the best Short Round collectible ever?
•From Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
•Limited edition of only 350 pieces-- one of the most limited Indiana Jones items ever!
An Entertainment Earth Exclusive! Could this be the best Short Round collectible ever? Yes! Based on the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom movie, this 6-inch tall statue features an incredible likeness and a top-notch replica of the costume from everybody's favorite film about a secret, evil cult from India. Indy's sidekick has never looked better, and he comes complete with a nifty torch that's sure to snap you out of any boredom you may find yourself in at work or elsewhere! Limited edition of 350 pieces.
Released: 2 / 2010

Bronze Indiana Jones on Horse Statue – REG $250.00 SALE $100.00
An Indiana Jones Shop Exclusive. This is, hands down, the Indy piece to own. When the sculpt for this magnificent statue was unveiled last year, fans and collectors knew it was something special. Gentle Giant has now taken the artistry one step further with a shared exclusive bronze-plated edition -- that's bronze-plated, not bronze-finished -- elevating this collectible to a whole new level of desirability. By being plated in real bronze, each piece can take on an individual patina, which will only grow more beautiful with age. Stands 11 inches tall. Limited Edition of 500
Released: 11 / 2008

Indiana Jones Desk Accessory Idol Pencil Holder – REG$35.00 SALE$14.00
You don't need to brave the Peruvian jungles and the temple's deadly traps to stare into the idol's eyes. Representing the Chachapoyan goddess of fertility; this miniature gold toned idol serves as a pen/pencil holder.
Released: 1 / 2009

Indiana Jones – Temple of Doom Mini Bust -REG$55.00 SALE$22.00
Indy is portrayed here bare-chested, wearing his fedora, holding his trusty whip in one hand as he rests a machete over his shoulder. Indiana Jones teams up with his allies Short Round and Willie Scott, after he discovers a great mysterious terror surrounding a booby-trapped temple in India, known as the Temple of Doom. An evil cult led by Mola Ram believes that with the united power of the five Sankara stones they can rule the world. It's up to Indiana Jones to stop this villainous cult and escape the Temple of Doom. Stands 7 inches tall. Limited Edition of 1,700
Released: 2 / 2009

Indiana Jones Desk Accessory Holy Grail Paperclip Holder -REG$35.00 SALE$14.00
In search of the Holy Grail...Look no more! Own this polyresin miniature of the coveted artifact as seen in Indiana Jones - The last Crusade. Although a drink from this cup won't bring you eternal life, it's great for paperclips or even pushpins.
Released: 1 / 2009

Indiana Jones mini bust - REG$55.00 SALE$22.00
An archeologist and treasure hunter, Indiana Jones can’t resist the chase for a rare artifact. One such quest found Indy, along with Sallah and Marion Ravenwood, out to find the Ark of the Covenant. Limited Edition of 5,000
Released: 9 / 2008

Indiana Jones on Horse Statue - REG$210.00 SALE$84.00
Indiana Jones, famed adventurer and archaeologist acquires a diary that holds clues and a map with no names to find the mysterious Holy Grail - which was sent from his father, Dr. Henry Jones, in Italy. Upon hearing the mission for the Holy Grail went astray with the disappearance of his father, Indiana Jones ventures to Italy in search of his father and the Grail. Limited Edition of 1,750

Last edited:
I picked it up for a hundred and then they put it back to $250.00 a couple of days later. Get it at a $100.00 while you can, it's a GREAT collectible.

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/541

ROB98374 said:
There is a sale going on at Gentle Giant. Now is the time to pick up some stuff if you haven't already!

Bronze Indiana Jones on Horse Statue ? REG $250.00 SALE $100.00
An Indiana Jones Shop Exclusive. This is, hands down, the Indy piece to own. When the sculpt for this magnificent statue was unveiled last year, fans and collectors knew it was something special. Gentle Giant has now taken the artistry one step further with a shared exclusive bronze-plated edition -- that's bronze-plated, not bronze-finished -- elevating this collectible to a whole new level of desirability. By being plated in real bronze, each piece can take on an individual patina, which will only grow more beautiful with age. Stands 11 inches tall. Limited Edition of 500

indyclone25

i just ordered the indiana jones temple of doom bust , for 22 bucks it was well worth it , it will go nicely with the raiders bust i have .