God's Plan

Indy's brother

????
Apparently I'm a Unitarian Universalist. Oh well, who am I to judge....myself.

2nd was a Secular Humanist, 3rd was Therevada Buddhist.

Montana Smith said:
1. Secular Humanism (100%)

:D
This is why I don't believe a thing Secular Humanists say! They even lie about their faith!

(y)

Your Results

The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.

Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.

How did the Belief-O-Matic do? Discuss your results on our message boards.

1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (94%)
3. Seventh Day Adventist (91%)
4. Hinduism (89%)
5. Eastern Orthodox (85%)
6. Liberal Quakers (85%)
7. Roman Catholic (85%)
8. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (78%)
9. Unitarian Universalism (75%)
10. Baha'i Faith (74%)
11. Sikhism (73%)
12. Jainism (72%)
13. Orthodox Judaism (64%)
14. Theravada Buddhism (64%)
15. Mahayana Buddhism (63%)
16. Reform Judaism (52%)
17. Islam (51%)
18. Neo-Pagan (49%)
19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (45%)
20. Jehovah's Witness (45%)
21. Taoism (45%)
22. New Age (43%)
23. Secular Humanism (38%)
24. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (30%)
25. Nontheist (28%)
26. Scientology (28%)
27. New Thought (26%)

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
This is why I don't believe a thing Secular Humanists say! They even lie about their faith!

(y)

I just selected the atheist answer each time, with the 'High' modifier.

Belief-O-Matic couldn't really choose otherwise, and there really ought not have been 2nd or 3rd choices!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism

Secular Humanism is a secular philosophy that espouses reason, ethics, and the search for human fulfillment, and specifically rejects supernatural and religious dogma as the basis of morality and decision-making. Secular Humanism is a life stance that focuses on the way human beings can lead happy and functional lives.

Secular Humanism is distinguished from various other forms of humanism. Though Secular Humanism posits that human beings are capable of being ethical and moral without religion, or God, that is not to say it assumes humans to be inherently or innately good. Nor does it present humans as "above nature" or superior to it; by contrast, the humanist life stance emphasises the unique responsibility facing humanity and the ethical consequences of human decisions.

The term "Secular Humanism" was coined in the 20th century, and was adopted by non-religious humanists in order to make a clear distinction from "religious humanism". Secular Humanism is also called "scientific humanism". Biologist E. O. Wilson called it "the only worldview compatible with science's growing knowledge of the real world and the laws of nature".[1]

Fundamental to the concept of Secular Humanism is the strongly held belief that ideology—be it religious or political—must be examined by each individual and not simply accepted or rejected on faith.[2] Along with this belief, an essential part of Secular Humanism is a continually adapting search for truth, primarily through science and philosophy.

It defines the mobile campaign of challenging 'truths'.

Gear

This thread is sort of a religious relic in its own right.

And Gear typethed forth with fiery boredom. And he did type righteously. And it was good.

Mine:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (96%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (75%)
4. New Thought (70%)
5. Mahayana Buddhism (68%)
6. Reform Judaism (65%)
7. Liberal Quakers (63%)
8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (59%)
9. Scientology (59%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (57%)

I was a bit surprised by the results.

So call me a "New Slang Pagan", I guess. :cool:

Montana Smith

Gear said:
This thread is sort of a religious relic in its own right.

And Gear typethed forth with fiery boredom. And he did type righteously. And it was good.

Mine:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (96%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (75%)
4. New Thought (70%)
5. Mahayana Buddhism (68%)
6. Reform Judaism (65%)
7. Liberal Quakers (63%)
8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (59%)
9. Scientology (59%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (57%)

I was a bit surprised by the results.

So call me a "New Slang Pagan", I guess. :cool:

BURN THE WITCH!

:p

Gear

You find torturing cops kinky, Montan--Mr. Blonde?

(Sorry, mods. Forgot. No real names.)

Besides, I think all this violence is really taking us further from God. . . So, I'm out. I'm gonna go see if Jules needs a hand killin' people.

DiscoLad

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I believe in God, but I also believe that he lets us make our own choices in this world. That is why we can choose to believe in him or not.
I also believe that he can intervene in our lives also.

That is my two-cents.

Im about to make four.
I agree with Lonsome. 100%