Good pants substitute?

IndyJames98

i absolutely wont pay $84 for a pair of todds pants, i do not have that kind of money in my budget. where can you buy a good substitute?

Goodeknight

Well, you're in grownup territory, so pants are expensive. The best "close enough" pants are widely considered to be LL Bean dress chinos, pleated, in dark khaki. But they're $64, not including shipping.

So I'd suggest taking some Indy pics with you to the local thrift store and just shopping around. Pants that are a bit beaten up would be perfect for your needs. (Nothing I hate more than a neat, spiffy, fresh of the rack Indy -- and someone wanting to keep their expensive gear pristine. Gotta get it dirty if you want it to look right.)

To aid you in your numerous searches (as you've asked about this kind of stuff numerous times), check out this page over at IndyLounge:
http://indylounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=wherebuy&action=display&thread=2138
A bunch of dead links, but it will point you in the right direction.

And this one at IndyGear:
http://www.indygear.com/
Good info and pics here to help you get your look spot on.

indywannabbe

Ive always wondered why it is so hard to buy Indy like pants, don't companies realize people want a good adventurer Indy like pant?

BTW, has Indies pants got single or double pleats. Im not knowledgeable on pleats as I have never bought or worn them.

Goodeknight

"Good pants substitute?"

In the end, there isn't a substitute for pants. As Mark Twain said, "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

mini-inferno

Try Walmart/Asda

Hi Indyjames98,
here in England I've just bought myself a pair of Indy pants from Asda(I think in the US it's Walmart) and they only cost me £12(probably about $20). Its got the much sought after scalloped flaps on the back pockets and its button fly. They only sell them in beige and wine. I bough biege and plan to dye them taupe. Hope this helps.