Gran Torino

Rezzo

Variety said:
Eastwood to direct 'Gran Torino'
Actor to star and direct film for Warner Bros.

v2z8r9.jpg

Clint Eastwood will next direct and star in "Gran Torino" for Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures. Pic is skedded for a December release.

"Torino" marks the first time Eastwood has appeared on screen since "Million Dollar Baby," released in late 2004.

Details of "Torino" are being kept under tantalizingly tight wraps. Existence of the film, and Eastwood's role, were only revealed on Tuesday when Warner quietly dated the movie for sometime in December.

Producers are Rob Lorenz, Eastwood's partner at Malpaso Prods., and Billy Gerber. Exec producers are Jenette Kahn and Adam Richman at Double Nickel Ent.

It's unclear when the movie will begin shooting, or if it has already begun production. Eastwood is known for quick production turnarounds.

"Torino" means Eastwood will be theaters twice in a short period with films he has directed. On Nov. 7, Universal and Imagine open Eastwood's Angelina Jolie starrer "Changeling," a child abduction drama.

Eastwood last directed companion films "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters From Iwo Jima."

Also for Warner, Eastwood is set to direct Nelson Mandela pic "The Human Factor." That project is in development.
IESB said:
Gran Torino a Dirty Harry Sequel?

IESB just received an e-mail from a reader who claims to know a little something about the recently announced Clint Eastwood film, Gran Torino.

According to him, Gran Torino will secretly mark the return of "Dirty" Harry Callahan in a sixth film in the franchise:

Nobody seems to know - not even the trades - what Clint Eastwood's new movie, Gran Torino, is.. So I'll tell you.

I recently advertised my 1974 ford grand torino classic original for sale in the local here, and within 24 hours had someone from Village Roadshow Pictures interested in having a look at it. He came. He wasn't interested for numerous reasons (probably the modifications). He told me they were looking for the right car for a new Clint Eastwood movie.

He said it was a thriller about a killer that drives a certain torino. His 1972 Ford Gran Torino is the only thing the police have on him. A retired police lieutenant, one Harry Callahan, makes it his mission to track down the culprit when two young police officers, one Callahan's grandson, are shot and killed by the guy.

So there you have it.

Hope that helps.

On with the show,

Kurt, North Hollywood
God I hope it´s a new Dirty Harry film.

Deckard

And you thought Ford and Bruce Willis got "too old for this ****" jokes..."

I hope its a new Dirty Harry too tho, I wanna see Clint actually be a bad ass again.

The Man

There was talk of a new Harry around the time Blood Work came out. It would be most intriguing to see another Callahan tale...

Michael24

As much as I would love for this to be a new Dirty Harry movie, I'm trying to not get too excited at this point incase it turns out to be something completely different. But I think Clint could still pull it off. The guy may be, what, 78? But I still wouldn't want to mess with him. :D

oki9Sedo

Gran Torino.

Whatever or wherever that is, that would be a great title for a "Dirty Harry" Callahan movie.

Obviously it might not be one at all, but still.

Stoo

Gran Torino = S**T HOT Car!:whip:

smoke_two_c.jpg

Who cares if it's not another Dirty Harry movie? I want to see this Ford GT take the same, brutal punishment
as it did in the original Starsky & Hutch series. The movie version did that pretty well.

Last edited:

Rhys135

Cool poster. Having just gotten into Clint's work in the last few months, I am very excited. Still on for a December-ish release?

The Man

Clint's lawn. Stay off.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsFAMW7FhOY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsFAMW7FhOY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

deckard24

I just saw Gran Torino last night in an absolutely sold out theater, and man was it a great film!! If it is truly Eastwood's final film as an actor, he couldn't have picked a better role to go out with. I highly recommend it, and I'm looking forward to hear what others thought of it!

On another note, I'm pretty sure the Oscar nominations for Best Actor, Director, and Picture will definitely have Eastwood in the running. The film is just that good, and in my opinion lightyears better then Million Dollar Baby or Mystic River! Seeing Eastwood in action at 78 years old just makes me wish Ford would take on some roles like this and get back to his Witness/Mosquito Coast days. Maybe Ford could star in Eastwood's next film?

yodazone

deckard24 said:
I just saw Gran Torino last night in an absolutely sold out theater, and man was it a great film!! If it is truly Eastwood's final film as an actor, he couldn't have picked a better role to go out with. I highly recommend it, and I'm looking forward to hear what others thought of it!

On another note, I'm pretty sure the Oscar nominations for Best Actor, Director, and Picture will definitely have Eastwood in the running. The film is just that good, and in my opinion lightyears better then Million Dollar Baby or Mystic River! Seeing Eastwood in action at 78 years old just makes me wish Ford would take on some roles like this and get back to his Witness/Mosquito Coast days. Maybe Ford could star in Eastwood's next film?

I saw it last week and it's great. Clint had the funniest one-liners in the movie. Hope he gets an Oscar nod. :gun:

Clint should play Abner Ravenwood!

Gear

HAHA!!

Saw it before it came out!

But it really was a good film. Had an intriguing and deep plot.

Just saw this instant classic last night and man was I impressed,Clint's eyes were so black and menacing,his emotions of anger and vengeance popped right off the screen,this is the best film I have seen in a long time. His growl and bent eyebrow are astonishing,in a way I hope it is his last film,what a way to go,no other actor has left the silver screen behind in such a classic and legendary manner. There was a scene when he pulls his gun on the three street thugs that are harrassing Sue,I felt like the gun was pointed at my head, it was all camera angle and Clint's scowl though,so so cool.:gun: