Harrison Ford and the "best of the Indy series yet"

Kingsley

The article from the Wichita Eagle talked with Cessna chairman, Jack Pelton, who said that Ford "couldn't be more excited about it (Indy 4) being the best of the Indy series yet". Cessna chairman, Jack Pelton, also reports that Ford especially likes the script and cinematography. "He thinks it's really going to make for a tremendous... film," Pelton says.
I know, Ford didn't say very much. But there is one word that attracts my attention: "YET"

My english isn't good, but does "yet" allow the chance of more in the future? :confused:

Wichita Eagle

It could imply more to come. It could also mean that it's just the best of the series period. Here's the kicker.It could also mean we have a series continuing without him? Shia Labouef, anyone?

metalinvader

I think it simply means it's the best of the series.
Whatever,This is going to be a kick ass film no matter what!!!

sarah navarro

metalinvader said:
I think it simply means it's the best of the series.
Whatever,This is going to be a kick ass film no matter what!!!
Thats right!

Theres no reason why it cant be the best of the series "yet".Im pretty confident about it ,Its Indy!!!!:whip:

nzlc

I dont think he was implying theres more to come but if there is awesome!!!And he has to say its the best obviously only the fans can judge may 22 2008!

Katarn07

He doesn't need to say it's the best. He could say it's the best since Raiders, sorta like Lucas has been saying. This isn't getting my hopes up. I'm not expecting crap, but I'm not expecting anything as great as Raiders.

sttngfan1701d

Of course he has to say it's the best yet, a "dynamite movie" (like he said at Comic-Con) and whatever else. He feels that he has to justify it. But I'm not expecting a movie that will be better than Raiders. I'm expecting to see a movie that will make me smile and say, "It's Indy again."

I think it'll be a film that will be different than the originals. Because over the years of countless ideas, fan scripts, fan films, and things dreamt up in our imaginations of what another Indy adventure will be like, we'll come in with expectations whether we want to or not. And when it's over, I'll sit back and think "Y'know what? I really liked that. It was cool. Not Raiders 2.0, but different. And good."

commontone

sttngfan1701d said:
Of course he has to say it's the best yet, a "dynamite movie" (like he said at Comic-Con) and whatever else. He feels that he has to justify it.

It sounds like he's relating something Harrison said in casual conversation. If he was at a press/promotion function of some kind, sure, you'd expect him to say that (which doesn't mean it's not sincere). But do you really think Ford walks around like a robotic marketing machine, drumming up the movie to guys he's buying planes from? I don't.

I think he seems genuinely excited about this, and does believe it will be an awesome movie. How right he is about that, we'll have to wait and see. But don't brush off his enthusiasm as false.

arkfinder

What I like most about that artical is it is a off-handed comment in a small area of the United States. He didn't go to NY, LA, or Huston TX. He made it to a local news paper in Kansas. :whip:

Phaidon

Never ever believe the statements of the people involved in making the movie during or right after the filming process and release. Their real attitude towards the movie will remain hidden until 5-10 years after the initial release, and that's because products of art can't be properly judged until some time has passed. I know, Harrison Ford is not the typical marketing movie star crying out "It's a fantastic movie", but he can do so if he wants to and he has done so frequently in the past. As a matter of fact, the statement has an enormous lack of importance :)

kongisking

herr gruber said:
It could imply more to come. It could also mean that it's just the best of the series period. Here's the kicker.It could also mean we have a series continuing without him? Shia Labouef, anyone?

I honestly don't understand all the hate for the "Shia=Indy Jr. spin-off franchise"-idea. I think it would be great for LaBeouf to get his own adventure series, which would definitely aid his star status. It could be kind of like the Goonies meets Indy. And even if it does NOT have harrison or Indy himself and just stays as a unrelated spin-off then I would still like it! Nothing better than having an "Indy-esque" series actually given the 3 Beard's blessing and go-ahead!

For instance, Mutt Ravenwood (I actually think that is a terrific, fun adventure-hero name) could have adventures such as:

Finding Atlantis
Finding Avalon
Finding Pandora's Box
Finding the Trident of Neptune
Finding Thor's Hammer/Mjolnir
Finding Shangri-La (although this would be unlikely since Mummy 3 already took the idea:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Genius on their part!)

I just want another adventure franchise, damn it, no matter what!

Katarn07

kongisking said:
Finding Shangri-La (although this would be unlikely since Mummy 3 already took the idea:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Genius on their part!)

So did Sky Captain. I guess that didn't stop Rick, did it? :p

Vendetta08

I don't think Ford meant there will be more Indiana Jones movies in the future, he was only saying out of all 4, this is the best one. And while I really hope it is, I honestly can't believe him. He's the main star and this is his big comeback, I wouldn't expect him to say anything but "this is the best one."

triklops

I agree that a lot of stars simply lie about their feelings towards their newest film but one has to say that there are examples where stars were kinda honest:

- Rick McCallum said that his favourite "Star Wars" is still Episode V

-On his promo-tour for "Rocky Balboa" Sly Stallone said that Rocky I is the best of the series

Zorg

I'm sure Ford is genuinily excited and happy with this project.

Time will tell whether the film really is good, but at least Spielberg, Lucas, Ford and everyone else would love it to be just as good as or even better than the previous ones. And I'm also sure they are aiming for those standards, or else why bother at all?

Kernunnos

They wouldn't have made KotCS unless they were sure it would be very special.

John Rhys Davies said they wouldn't have made it at all unless they felt they could possibly top Raiders.

I'm just trying to keep my expectations at a reasonable level.

Harrison described it as a "Dynamite" movie. Dynamite can blow up in your face... the fans face!

Also, dynamite is banned in certain countries. Let's hope this film wont be!!!!!!!!!!

kongisking said:
I honestly don't understand all the hate for the "Shia=Indy Jr. spin-off franchise"-idea. I think it would be great for LaBeouf to get his own adventure series, which would definitely aid his star status. It could be kind of like the Goonies meets Indy. And even if it does NOT have harrison or Indy himself and just stays as a unrelated spin-off then I would still like it! Nothing better than having an "Indy-esque" series actually given the 3 Beard's blessing and go-ahead!

I personally don't like the idea because Shia's character simply isn't involved in archaeology (at least... seems plausible thinking IT IS NOT, from the few things we believe to know). Indiana Jones IS the kind of adventurer I really like because he IS credible in what he does. He finds archaeological treasures, he travels to mysterious places and he visits lost countries because this whole thing is also part of his job, as well as HIS passion. Indiana Jones is a professor. He knows the history of ancient civilizations, he knows the different cultures, he also knows the mythology and the legends because he has travelled the world and he has probably heard tose kind of stories.
Well, from what we know, I can assume Shia's character has a totally different style. He probably will have totally different interests, those of a common teenager, so what does he have to do with Atlantis, Avalon and all the other mysterious stuff??