Harrison Ford Interview Persona

HovitosKing

This might seem like an odd topic, but it's something that I think about every time I see Harrison Ford sit down for an interview. His demeanor tends to be quiet, slow and extremely intentional, with an almost awkward interpersonal style and somewhat dry or nonexistant sense of humor.

It's strange to see him in this light, because so many of his characters are quick, impulsive and clever with an innate wit and flawed human element that people can easily identify with.

I recall first noticing Ford's languid interview demeanor about five years ago, but can't really make any connections prior to that. Has he always been that way in the absence a script, or is it more of an age factor? Anyone know?

HovitosKing

ClintonHammond said:
That's why they call it acting... pretending to be what you are not....

No kidding. That's why I posed the question...because if he's always been so reserved, he's probably the greatest actor in the history of film. Of course he is, what am I saying? :whip:

phatr32

that exactly what i though when i first saw him being interveiwed!!

i thought to my self "is this guy stoned?"

steve

San Holo

I think Harrison really hates the Hollywood celeb scene, and only does the talk shows, basically, because he has to. As for him not being like his characters, I disagree. He is a avid outdoorsman and pilot who has been on a couple of his own adventures. If he looks bored or quiet on tv, that comes from being asked the same old boring questions,over and over again. To me ,Ford's demeanor says "I'd rather be anywhere but here"-and can you blame him? I can guarantee that Indiana Jones or Han Solo would never ever sit down for an interview with a douchebag like Leno.

Indyologist

I think Ford just plain detests interviews because he just doesn't like talking about himself. He shifts around in his seat, looks down or off to the side... you can tell he's just plain uncomfortable particularly when people ask him personal questions. I think some interviews he enjoys doing more than others, but, being a humble person who has a sober view of himself, he doesn't want to talk much about himself. He's so totally not a hyped-up celeb going apes--t over themselves and their careers. He is a man who is in love with the craft of acting, not himself as an actor. Of course, when he does answer questions he shows thoughtful intelligence, a quick wit, and a firm grip on reality. Because of this, I really, really admire his personality, thoughts and views.

Of course, that beautiful smile of his that lights up the room, when the interviewer earns it, isn't too shabby, either... ;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
phatr32 said:
that exactly what i though when i first saw him being interveiwed!!

i thought to my self "is this guy stoned?"

steve

Did you see the Rove Live interview? I thought he was drunk....