Hasbro: If you read these boards, a request from my children...

Wugmanmax

I understand that the line is no longer going to be producing new figures. My kids were asking about the new figures we saw in the comic-con pics and I told them that they would not be produced. They were bummed, but took it better than most collectors I have seen on here, myself included. ;)

But that's not the point of this post. My kids want the Temple of Doom figures. Flat-out. Most anticipated figure series by them. They want Short Round, the giant Thugee and Mola Ram. And of course rope-bridge Indy.

Is there any way to get these figures to the wider marketplace?
Scalpers have been drooling at the mouth about these and snagging them for E-bay, meaning us "regular folk" that can't afford to pay $20 a figure are, well... screwed.
My kids don't care how they come. A battle-pack would be just fine. Or even wrapped up in a little baggie and taped shut.
Anything to get them to the hands of the kids that want them.
We got the Last Crusade battlepack from Target and they were overjoyed. We haven't seen of the Last Crusade figures (besides one Tie Indy that we bought) single-packed. So getting two figures they wanted (with two more Germans!) at a decent price was a real treat.
I hear all these Q & A sessions talk about how the kids of the marketplace needed to be engaged in the line to make it a success, but yet these last two waves have fallen into the classic "collector" sector. Hoarding, Scalping and E-Bay seem to be the only way to get these toys.
Kids aren't going to get excited if they can't find the figures they want. Your own webstore sold out of the figures in less than 10 minutes every time they were up for sale.

I know there is probably nothing you can really do, but just know there are a couple young Indy fans out in the suburbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul that want a decent chance to buy what you want to sell, yet are unable to. And yes, they have bought just about every Raiders and Crystal Skull figure available.

Nurhachi1991

You think young kids are bummed how do you think I feel I never had any Indy toys at all to play with as a kid than just when we get a figure line going they snatch them away like that...... I would of loved to play with these as a kid but sadly they have to release the line when I'm alot older. Hasbro should of been making Indy figures in the mid to late 90s like there Star Wars power of the force line.

Pistol Whipped

Nurhachi1991 said:
You think young kids are bummed how do you think I feel I never had any Indy toys at all to play with as a kid than just when we get a figure line going they snatch them away like that...... I would of loved to play with these as a kid but sadly they have to release the line when I'm alot older. Hasbro should of been making Indy figures in the mid to late 90s like there Star Wars power of the force line.

Hey Nurhachi, if you are still having trouble finding the Last Crusade wave, PM me, I can probably help you out without the scalping thing. I've been lucky enough to find the LC wave several times at local TRUs...

monkey man

All of us collectors are bummed by the lack of TOD figures. It is really sad that children can't get a hold of these either. Hasbro should have produced enough to go around while they were making them.
I'm probably/definitely to old to care this much but Indy is part of the pop culture and Hasbro should have realized that.
The scalpers are the worst problem. They couldn't care less about the figures. I always hated those guys and now I hate them even more.
The people on this site always help each other and they never gouge them for extra $$$. Unfortunately we can't even help each other with the TOD figures.
Best of luck to everyone trying to find them. That includes me because I can't pay Greedbay scalpers for them. I won't encourage them to screw people. Hopefully, they'll show up at the flea markes by me.

nevsky41

I wrote a letter to Hasbro at their customer service site about how stupid their distribution was regarding the TOD figs. I mean, I'm not toy company executive, but it seems like when you've got a line that has stagnated, and even though you have lots of product stitting on shelves from an earlier miscalculation, but you've got the public salivating over the upcoming product, common sense woudl say to sit on the older product for a little while, and push the new, eagerly anticipated stuff through the roof! Especially the TOD figs! Even trikle older product out there, but not like they did by continuing to flood the market with more of the same stuff that is already warming pegs! Hasbro is stupid, plain and simple.

FILMKRUSC

monkey man said:
All of us collectors are bummed by the lack of TOD figures. It is really sad that children can't get a hold of these either. Hasbro should have produced enough to go around while they were making them.

Hasbro is ridiculous. They claim that kid interest is necessary to keep the line going so they respond by not making enough figures so the kids won't ever see/buy them.

:sick:

bgiles73

Hasbro has me almost ready to write them off for good.We get nothing but excuses from them about why they can't produce this or that. Even the Star Wars line is starting to become a headache to collect! I have been collecting Star Wars ever since 1977. Repacks of crappy figures in battlepacks seems to be Hasbro's future. We might as well just call them Hasbeen! I will buy the TOD and LC figures if I find them but if in the future an Indy 5 is made I hope someone else grabs the license for the figures. Hasbro obviously no longer has what it takes to make a line work at retail for collectors anymore.:mad: