Hasbro Indy Rumor List

TheRealDubya

phantom train said:
Re: the speculation on when these Hasbro IJ figures will be released, I will be very surprised if we see these in stores before early May - however, I've been surprised before....

My pre-order of Wave 1 says it will ship May 2.

Matt

Crayfish said:
Sorry to burst your bubble..but Revenge of the Sith figures came out on April 2, 2005 and I STILL have my receipts from that evening of midnight madness mayhem as well as the date stamped on the empty case the figures came in that night and the date stamped on the back of the card they were handing out at Target's line to get your lava Darth Vader.

As for episode one....I know it was one month before the movie came out. I can't really tell you about episode 2 so you may be right on that one event hough they did release the 4 preview figures in Wal-Marts so to me that is as good as anything.

Episode I toy launch: May 3, 1999
Episode II toy launch: April 23, 2002
Episode III toy launch: April 2, 2005

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
mfisher said:
yeah.. the lack of a KOTCS marion seems like a huge gap...

I just noticed there's no Ray Winstone figure either... Maybe another wave in future, like in 2009 for every other figure they're missed out on...

tnswman

Violet Indy said:
I just noticed there's no Ray Winstone figure either... Maybe another wave in future, like in 2009 for every other figure they're missed out on...

Noooooo, The september wave will almost 99.99999% for sure be the wave 2 of KOTCS figures.

Deckard

tnswman said:
Noooooo, The september wave will almost 99.99999% for sure be the wave 2 of KOTCS figures.

Actualy im thinking filler for all the other waves. Like a mix of Raiders, KOTCS and LC. Arab Indy, Toht, White Dress Marion, Mac, Donovan etc...

Katarn07

Matt said:
Episode I toy launch: May 3, 1999
Episode II toy launch: April 23, 2002
Episode III toy launch: April 2, 2005

Hrm, I could have sworn RotS was in May. I guess I don't remember because I haven't really been passionate about collecting most of those things since TPM line was released....

As for this line, I have no room either. I myself would be selective as I am with SW stuff, but my dad will likely get every one they make. I have no problem with that since he's buying the stuff! lol

And I sincerely hope a ToD line is done before another KotCS wave is released but I'm not holding my breath.

Matt

Deckard said:
Actualy im thinking filler for all the other waves. Like a mix of Raiders, KOTCS and LC. Arab Indy, Toht, White Dress Marion, Mac, Donovan etc...

One can assume, based on the first three waves, that the fourth wave will also be made up of characters from one film only. I'm hoping it's a Temple of Doom wave, but it could just as likely be a Crystal Skull wave as well.

I imagine we'll find out for sure at Toy Fair next month.

tnswman

Matt said:
One can assume, based on the first three waves, that the fourth wave will also be made up of characters from one film only. I'm hoping it's a Temple of Doom wave, but it could just as likely be a Crystal Skull wave as well.

to be honest, the ywould be STUPID NOT to release a KOTCS wave in September to squeeze as much out of the movie and DVD release as possible..there is PLENTY of time for TOD. I'm sure Hasbro wil lfocus PLENTY of good items on that movie.

ForbiddenEye

Maybe Hasbro and the others are still trying to skim around Temple of Doom because they still consider it the "darker" film. From what I hear, that sounds like what killed the original figures from TOD.

Even though now it's pretty tame...at least enough for a 12" scale Short Round!
(y)

Matt

tnswman said:
to be honest, the ywould be STUPID NOT to release a KOTCS wave in September to squeeze as much out of the movie and DVD release as possible..there is PLENTY of time for TOD. I'm sure Hasbro wil lfocus PLENTY of good items on that movie.

We'll see.

Deckard

I think were going to get TOD eventualy, I mean there still making Episode One Characters, Hell, I remember when I bought a POTF 2 Lav Sivrak way back in the day. If they can make the Cantina Wolfman from Star Wars, they can make Mola Ram or Shortround. And as for the darker feel, ive argued b4 Raiders is far more violent then TOD.

Matt

Matt said:

tnswman said:

Matt said:
We'll see.

These images seem to indicate that Wave 4 will indeed be a Temple of Doom wave:

Slide4.JPG

Slide7.JPG

MaxPhactor23

Supposedly someone asked a Hasbro rep. at toyfair about certain characters missing from the classic films. While no word on Tohr yet, apparently this man was told that another more casual wear Belloq will be made. Also apparently there will be an Indy vs. German Mechanic and Belloq/Ark Spirit 2 pack. Take all this with a grain of salt.

tnswman

MaxPhactor23 said:
Supposedly someone asked a Hasbro rep. at toyfair about certain characters missing from the classic films. While no word on Tohr yet, apparently this man was told that another more casual wear Belloq will be made. Also apparently there will be an Indy vs. German Mechanic and Belloq/Ark Spirit 2 pack. Take all this with a grain of salt.

It's funny, Sometimes you can still find a toht or german mechanic from the original line for not much more than the new figures retail at.

As doccumented...Kenner over-sold the secondary characters in their Indy line....The Lack of Indiana Jones himself was what killed the line. Sometimes the standard Indy was not even packed in the cases at all.

It's probably a nod to the history of those figures that they are not being made right now.

Not to mention that Hasbro has to hold something back. It is smarter to make those guys later after collectors have invested into the line.. people will be more apt to pick up those single figures then to complete their collections.

MaxPhactor23

tnswman said:
It's funny, Sometimes you can still find a toht or german mechanic from the original line for not much more than the new figures retail at.

As doccumented...Kenner over-sold the secondary characters in their Indy line....The Lack of Indiana Jones himself was what killed the line. Sometimes the standard Indy was not even packed in the cases at all.

It's probably a nod to the history of those figures that they are not being made right now.

Not to mention that Hasbro has to hold something back. It is smarter to make those guys later after collectors have invested into the line.. people will be more apt to pick up those single figures then to complete their collections.

I agree. You can't put all your demanded products out at one time - otherwise the line won't continue and there is nothing worth looking forward to. I have little doubt that they?ll revisit Raiders of the Lost Ark and fill in the gaps they missed their first go-around. Toht it too iconic to ignore - he?s arguably more memorable then any villain in the entire series, save maybe Mola Ram.