Hat repair question

pellman

I have an old hat whose felt and overall structure is in fine condition. However, because a dog chewed on it, the inner band (sweat band?) needs to be replaced. Can I obtain one through a supplier or do I have to try to make one myself? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The liner was ruined too but I can live without it.

penman hats

Normally I wouldn't jump in here because people would say I'm trying to make a sale but since no one seems to be answering your post. I will pop in.

Making one yourself wouldn't be cost effective. I don't know of anyone that would sell you a single sweatband that is of any good quality, if I did I would.

I can only assume that the reason most won't is the same reason I wouldn't sell one of mine. It has my company name on it. If someone else sews in a sweatband of mine and doesn't do a good job then if someone else sees that hat ( with my name on it) they will think thats what level of work that I do.

At least maybe you can see why it's kinda hard to find good quality stuff. You might be able to find a cheap sweatband by trying google. That goes same with a liner. I know there is some like that out there I just don't keep track of that stuff.

If I can get any black sweatband or liners I will let you know but I have my doubt about it as my suppliers would have to do it in large amounts. I will ask the next time I talk with them about a single peice.

pellman

I've said it before but ... Penman, hang in there and you'll get that hundreds-of-dollars fee out of me. I can't think of anything I'd want more than a Penman hat.

Thanks for the post.

The hat in question was purchased by mother as a gift for me sometime around 1991. I wore it till 1995, when the dog chewed it up, but I kept it anyway.

I can only assume that the reason most won't is the same reason I wouldn't sell one of mine. It has my company name on it. If someone else sews in a sweatband of mine and doesn't do a good job then if someone else sees that hat ( with my name on it) they will think thats what level of work that I do.

If you can spare a band, please let me know. t_pellman@hotmail.com I'd like to sew it on myself so my son can have a hat like Dad's. No hurry! Whenever you get a shipment of bands, if you can spare one ...

penman hats

Like I stated before. It was my intension to sell something but to help you out.

I won't sell a sweatband of mine because I don't want someone thinking that someone else sewing is my own.

If I do come across one with no logo on it I will let you know.