Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

Montana Smith

Look! A rare shot from figuremaniac.com without any eyeliner showing:

IMGP0076.JPG

Though they deliberately camped up the rest of the photos in this Idol series.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
They're getting so close, it's so close to looking right!

Nowhere near close enough according the mass debate in the Sideshow Freaks thread.

Over there it's currently Nostril-gate. Apparently the left nostril is too small, and it's throwing the whole likeness off! :D

Billy Ray

Here's a couple good looks at the Idol pedestal. It might not be as nice as Sideshow's, but I am excited about getting this as I don't have Sideshow's:

IMGP9927.JPG

IMGP9935.JPG

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Here's a couple good looks at the Idol pedestal. It might not be as nice as Sideshow's, but I am excited about getting this as I don't have Sideshow's:

Unfortunately that's going to have to stay in the box, as there won't be room to display it. It's an accessory I could have done without, if it would have meant a reduction in price.

Billy Ray

Oh, I agree, I would gladly sacrifice it for a lower price point. Heck, I would sacrifice the map room outfit as well as I don't see myself playing dress up with Indy. It will be nice to have though. I may have to do some creative re-adjustment to my display area though...or just find a whole new place to display HT Indy.

Dino Last

Billy Ray said:
Oh, I agree, I would gladly sacrifice it for a lower price point. Heck, I would sacrifice the map room outfit as well as I don't see myself playing dress up with Indy. It will be nice to have though. I may have to do some creative re-adjustment to my display area though...or just find a whole new place to display HT Indy.

I am going to turn my Sideshow Indy into Map Room Indy

Montana Smith

Dino Last said:

Think I'll keep my SS as is. He can stand next to the SS/HT as a reference point of what I previously regarded as the pinnacle of off-the-shelf Indy figures!

I like this photo by Stanlore:

KowloonCityDistrict-20111017-00237.jpg

Billy Ray

Dino Last said:

I was thinking of using the hatless SS head along with some of my Relic Hunter stuff to make a map room Indy. I never display SS Indy without the hat anyway, and my hatless head has worse paint apps than the hatted one anyway. At least I can cover some of it up with the turban. Just really need to find a body for it.

Really digging Stanlore's pics too.

Funny how Darklord Dave swooped in and closed the official pics thread at SSF.

Here's another really good shot:

6250682308_381a8f881b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Montana Smith

From Figuremaniac.com here are some useful comparisons between the Sideshow and the Hot Toys:

IMGP0115.jpg

IMGP0110.jpg

IMGP0097.jpg

IMGP0107.jpg

IMGP0094.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

Most of Figuremaniac's pictures create the 'eyeliner' illusion with their lighting, which apparently is not visible for real.

Billy Ray said:
Funny how Darklord Dave swooped in and closed the official pics thread at SSF.

And he started a 'troll-free' thread, which will no doubt go the same way!

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Just ran out time editing.

Dino Last, I like that Raider's Indy collage you posted on SSF. It shows how different Harrison can look from shotr to shot, and how difficult it must be to try and capture a definitive 'Indy look'.

RaidersFedoraCollage.jpg

EDIT:

No one's mentioning the holster any more. Surely it's far too dark, and too long? It resembles the dark brown Webley-style holsters worn in the other films.

M Fisher's custom cut-down leather holster is tempting, as his properly scaled bullwhip:

IMG_7955.jpg

But then I've been meaning to have go at miniature leather work. I've had some fine leather for quite some time, but have so far lacked the inspiration to start.

Last edited:

Billy Ray

Yeah, the holster is really off in both color an size. The belts are too dark as well. I'd love to pick up mfisher's rig, but it is kind of pricey. At one point he was going to trade me a set for my map room gear, but he seems to be getting it from somewhere else, so I don't know if that offer is still on the table. I've heard that Stevo's belts and holsters are pretty good too, and much cheaper. I may pick up one of those.

Dino Last

Yeah that collection of photos shows how different Harrison looks depending on the photo. He really is one of the hardest faces to get right.

As for the custom belt and whip I really wish I had the money, as Faststreetsof hongkong has been won over and actually bought the figure.
Look how great it looks with the custom belt and whip.
photo-86.jpg

Still I am happy with what you get out of the box. If I win the lottery then I will get the custom stuff :lol

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Yeah, the holster is really off in both color an size. The belts are too dark as well. I'd love to pick up mfisher's rig, but it is kind of pricey. At one point he was going to trade me a set for my map room gear, but he seems to be getting it from somewhere else, so I don't know if that offer is still on the table. I've heard that Stevo's belts and holsters are pretty good too, and much cheaper. I may pick up one of those.

As if by magic, faststreetsofhongkong has posted photos of the HT Indy using Mike Fisher's rig, and the Joe Strain bullwhip:

photo-85.jpg

photo-86.jpg

And for the diy route, here's the pattern for the Raiders holster from IndyGear.com:

RaidersHolsterPattern.jpg

First problem will be working out the correct scale for the HT S&W.

Billy Ray

I now he doesn't really frequent the Raven much any more, but I'd really be interested to hear what tnswman has to say about this figure. I know he is partial to the Medicom and Toys McToy figures and wasn't too impressed with Sideshow's.

You know, it's weird how all the initial complaints about this figure, from when the proto pics first hit, have all but melted away. Everyone was !@#$%ing about the shoes, the neck, the jacket, the muscle body...now it just seems like the head and the PERS. It's also funny how a lot of folks seem to be warming up to it, if not doing a 180 all together.