How do I get the Interactive Bonus Disc from Adventures of Young Indiana Jones to work?

vstarvan

Hi,
I recently bought the DVD box sets of Young Indiana Jones and was wondering if anyone knows how to get the interactive bonus content to work. I played the disc in VLC and a few other video players, but it keeps telling me I need to use the disc on a computer to access the interactive menu options (I'm using a Windows 10 PC).

I'm thinking it needs to be played through the InterAcutal player on the disc, but when I do it says I need to install a DVD decoder. I can't seem to find a solution to this problem. Apparently, InterActual used to use a decoder built into Windows Media Player on older versions of Windows. Do I need to put the disc in an older computer or run a VM to get the disc working?

InexorableTash

They're Windows applications - you install them as apps and run them. I don't know if they'll be compatible with modern versions of Windows, but Microsoft does a reasonable job of backwards compatibility.

vstarvan

They're Windows applications - you install them as apps and run them. I don't know if they'll be compatible with modern versions of Windows, but Microsoft does a reasonable job of backwards compatibility.
Thank you very much, I found the EXEs and they run fine! No need to play the actual DVD.

vstarvan

Each volume has a point-and-click game based on one of the episodes, and an educational Indy journal/world map program