How does Belloq die?

I

Indy_Jones88

The ark was opened and killed everyone including Belloq. He was the last one that they showed die. His face exploded and skin went flyin everywhere.

Finn

Staff member
And Belloq was no priest... he was simply acting as one in hope to unleash the power of the Ark... something what he actually succesfully did.

Finn

Staff member
Or then Mr. Jehovah just didn't feel like performing to the current audience...

Finn

Staff member
Perhaps so. But it was odd by the way that the only ones he left alone were those who didn't seem to be interested in the show.

Finn

Staff member
<small>And again, somebody with the tendency to take things little too literally.</small>

Finn

Staff member
Listen, you don't have to know the concept... you'll have to know the <i>writer</i>.

<small>And relax, Junior. No one's going to bite your head off.</small> ;)

Indyfan1981

All that power went to his head and BOOM! What a mess! LOL

jarjar1.jpg

Oh, lookie at them they all melting me not staying around here no more!

belloq_ark.jpg

180px-Belloq_on_fire.jpg

melty-toht.gif

Last edited:

Udvarnoky

To be honest when I was a kid I wasn't exactly clear on what happened to Belloq either. You can barely see anything behind that thick sheet of fire.

Raider Indy

This is how I always approached it:

When Belloq and the Nazis opened the Ark, the spirits that spilt and cascaded outwards were the 'transmitters' ... the in betweens if you will, between the real world and the realm of god.

However, it's obvious that mankind does not have the mental capacity to withstand the awesome power of God in any form (Kevin Smith went on to address this in 'Dogma' as well).

The power of God is thusly both so incredibly powerful and so incredibly beyond human comprehension that those who gazed upon that power had the life force blown outward (Nazi's, Belloq) sucked out (Dietrich) or...well...to be fair, Toht's demise was just really really COOL...but you get what I'm saying.

Man can't comprehend the power of God...therfore those who tried to harness that power were doomed to death.

THAT pretty much answers the OP since, as was stated, the comments were being either a bit ambiguous or a bit silly.