How old were you when you became an Indyfan?

At what age did you become a dedicated Indyfan?

• 2 - 6

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • 7 - 12

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • 13 - 19

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • 20 - 25

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 26 - 30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31 -35

• 36 - 46

• 45 and up

• Can't recall

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rayder

Been a fan for about a year now, watched all of the movies on really old casset tapes (when my parents went to Germany, my aunt an uncle recorded stuff for them, and all of the Indy movies are a part of the recorded stuff), then I bought the DVD set, which is way better than a 15 year old recording of the movies, and was hooked from that point. A few months later they announced the 4th Indy, and I was thrilled at the news, I am going to see an Indy film in theaters. I had seen the original movies before than but didn't remember much of them except the truck chase scene, and the dinner with the monkey brains.

Lao Che Pun

I saw Raiders in the theater when I was 4. I became a fan almost instantly. I vividly remember fighting with my brother on who got to play Indy in our backyard make-believe adventures.

By TOD, I was a diehard.

BY LC, I owned a Cooper.

marky_77

Doom come out when I was at an age to notice and like films. I would have been about 7 or 8 at this time, and saw Raiders on video at a mates house mid 80's, and it all started from there. Not sure when I first saw Doom though. May be his dad bought Doom on video and I saw it in 85. I first saw Crusade when it was on at xmas in 93, the TV premier in England I believe. Not having a video or film channels back then while at home hampered my viewing some what.

acsgrlie

I don't remember my exact age but somehwere in the 7-12 range. I remember watching it at home, probably on VHS, and already liking Harrison Ford because of Star Wars. First one I watched was Temple of Doom and loved it.

Insomniac

I was around 6 when is stole my uncle's Indiana Jones VHS and started watching them and from then on I was hooked. When I turned 8 I went to see the "Indiana Jones stunt spectacular" in Orlando and ever sense that I wanted to be a stunt man.:whip: :D

eroc

I was 13 years old and on the last day of 7th grade my friend and I went and saw Temple of Doom and Ferris Bueller's Day Off at the movie theater. Temple of Doom was the first PG-13 movie ever.

Nurhachi1991

i was 5 years old and my dad bought me a vhs of raiders of the lost ark so we could both watch it. I loved it but it scared the hell out of me at parts like seeing Satipo bloody,the well of souls,and of course the ark ceremony my mom was so pissed my dad let me watch that lol but ever since than i have been a die hard indiana jones fan :)

Tron7960

I was 13 in the summer of 81. That's when I realized I no longer was destined to be a Hockey player, I was destined to be Indiana Jones. (I didn't really think clearly at 13 :) )

Tron

DocWhiskey

Perhaps '93 or '94. My grandmother had all the old VHS tapes and I watched LC first, Raiders 2nd, and ToD 3rd. When I was little I always thought LC was the first one b/c it started off with him as a kid :p. I remember when I 1st seen Indy(LC) I stopped it at the part where young indy falls into the train and the giant snake comes out of the water, ran down to my mother and asked her if she'd ever heard of "Indiana Jones". I brought her upstairs and re watched the LC intro again.:)

Crack that whip

I must have been thirteen when I first saw Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theater, in what was probably late '81 or early '82 (I was an AF brat, and my family was overseas in Germany where my dad was stationed, and we had to wait some months before movies made it around to the AAFES theater on the base). I was already a big Star Wars fan, and Raiders just sort of extended my fandom into a sort of general passion for all things Lucasfilm.

I've seen all three movies in theaters, naturally, though I saw the first two only about three or four times apiece. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was the first one I really had the opportunity to go see a whole lot of times, and I went to see it sixteen times in its theatrical release. I watched and taped The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles regularly, and then watched the Family Channel airings of the "movie" reconfigurations of the unaired shows. I've played a number of the Indy games, read a bunch of the books and comics (I actually subscribed to the old Marvel series, alongside their Star Wars one), and seen the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney/MGM Studios (now Disney Hollywood Studios, I think, or some such thing) at WDW in Orlando. I don't know if I've got as much Indy stuff as Sankara, but I've got a fairly substantial amount of Indy stuff. And I've already requested May 22 off from work! ;)

oki9Sedo

I think seven or eight is the perfect age to introduce someone to Indiana Jones. At that age they'd love the action and adventure, but also the gooey stuff and the gore etc.

Pat Roach getting diced up in the propellor was my favourite part when I first saw the movie! I thought it was really cool, just a really badass action moment.

Hedwig

I was about 8 when I first saw Raiders of the Lost Ark with my dad. My mom was a bit mad, because dad allowed me to watch it. The I saw Temple of Doom and Last Crusade, but when I was like 12 or 13 I saw the movies again and I was like WOW!:D I watched Doom with my twin sister secretly in our room (we share the same room and we have a TV in our room), because we weren't exactly allowed to watch it. When the heart-ripping scene came, we quickly changed the channel. Then my sister asked "Do you think that the scene is over?" I answered "Yeah" and we continued watching. Of course it was the edited version, but we didn't know that...

|ZiR|

2007. The video store was closing and I happened to be in the action section near the I's. It was all pretty random, really.

Tsar

While still in Poland I remember watching Raiders of the Lost ark; this was in 1989 or 1990; I was about 3-4 years old. The reason I remember that movie at such a young age is because I was deeply disturbed by Toht's head melting sequence. :) I have regularly watched all 3 Indy films since then, so I voted in the poll 2-6 Years Old