How Will it End?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, that's interesting. Good point. Although, it could just mean they've painted themselves into a corner and don't know how to resolve it. That sounds a bit unlikely though.

Ellies7th

Okay - ending scene. After conquering whatever specific evil abounds in Indy IV, there is a moment of slight relief. The viewers are inside a familiar place - The Warehouse storing The Ark. And viewers hear a familiar throbbing hum...as the camera pans down each aisle of crates, we again see rats fleeing from a particular aisle....a warehouse worker investigates....

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Good job...may he who illuminated this thread...aw, forget it...

Really though, I know it's long, but I recommend that the newer folks take a look at this...there's good stuff in here.

Yanar

great thread! I read some of the the other thread, Attila's Ideas....and got an Idea. What if Indy and the Girl are in a small boat. It is night, they kiss and they sail down the river towards the Big shinning moon.............

Jastro_Indy

we should end where it all began:

Shot of temple, darkness
familar shadow moves forward into the light. In his hand he has the Idol of fertility. We can't see his face. The Idol is placed back on the pedastal, and the place collapses more, after the stuff that happened in Raiders. we still can't see this guy's face. (INDY OBVIOUSLY)

New boulder sequence as hero escapes through a new temple section, bursting into daylight.
-
Group of hunters outside, chase hero, who swings on a branch into water blah blah triumphant and memorable version of the Raiders March, cut to plane:

INDY: Come on jock. Lets go home.

Plane flies into sunset we hear:

I hate snakes jock! Ihate 'em! You know that!

FADE TO CREDITS.

Pretty cool huh?

JAN

I belive that in a persuit of a rare artifact, Indy get to close to a nuclear-bomb-test-facility, and in that moment
they detonate a test-bomb, soaking Indy in radiation.

....And then Indy becomes....The Hulk!!

Yes, a relife as the Hulk! No more Bruce Banner, Henry Jones Jr. is the one NOBODY (even Sr.) dont dare call Jr. anymore.

Jan

FAN

It look's like you guy's have alot to say on this. First of all Indy can not die. Oh sure it may make a great drama/tragedy but It is not Indy. Indy is the good guy, Indy's the one who alway's win's and the only thing he has to fear is running into two of his old girlfriend's at the same time. And what are you all talking about this being the last one, I ve heard they may consider making Indy V and VI, so nothing is written in concrete yet. In fact they may even turn Indy IV,V, and VI into a continueing adventure that they will be finished in Indy VI, so don't count your chicken's before they hatch. Oh and there's a new article on Indy IV at Raidernet that came out yesterday, so you all might wan't to check that out. FAN

FAN

You know after all these year's,bogus script's,false report's,misconstrewed information,wild rumor's, conflicting report's amongst those that are making it, ect. . . THEY HAD BETTER COME UP WITH AT LEAST A DECENT IF NOT OUTSTANDING AND MARVOLOUS STORY AND ENDING!!! FAN

bob

FAN said:
You know after all these year's,bogus script's,false report's,misconstrewed information,wild rumor's, conflicting report's amongst those that are making it, ect. . . THEY HAD BETTER COME UP WITH AT LEAST A DECENT IF NOT OUTSTANDING AND MARVOLOUS STORY AND ENDING!!! FAN

controversial words :)

FAN

What do you mean contriversal? There have been bogus script's, there have been false report's and misconstrewued information, just look at it, Lucas said there would be a son and Ford and Marshall are now saying there will not be one, and then Sean Connery was saying that Speilberg would not be directing, and Marshall said Connery may or may not work on the new film, and these people are supposed to know what will be happening with the new film, and they have been talking about making it since 1994 and they will not start making the movie till 2004, ten year's to make one film. I think we all have the right to exspect the film to be Outstanding and Marvoulous.
FAN

bob

Calm down Fan, i was just having a little joke i mean of course we want the film to be great after all of this wait (it has been 7 years of rumours for some of us)

FAN

I am calm Bob, I just thought you may know something I didn't know. You know I am not sure how much longer I can take all this suspense. I have one question that's nagging at me, if they have a script aproved, and the people that are going to work on the film, and they have the people that are going to direct it, then how come they are waiting till next year? I mean everything's in place as far as we know, and they have no project's that they are working on now so wht the wait? I think there is something that still is incomplete and they are waiting for it to fall in place, I don't know what but there is something they waiting for. I just wish I knew what it was. What do you think? FAN

FAN

Hey guy's, like I said in my last post what are they waiting for? I can't see any reason why they would wait. I mean the script is aproved, the director's are in place, Neither Ford, Speilberg, or Lucas are working on any other project's unless you count Episiode 3, and I was under the impression they would make them and release them at the same time, so what's the hold up? And another thing, how come there is so much confusion amongst the people working on the movie? Lucas and Speilberg said son, Ford and Marshall said no son. Lucas and Ford said Speilberg, Sean Connery said no Speilberg, and Marshall said Speilberg.And Ford said Sean Connery, and Marshall said mabye Sean Connery.I mean it has been one conflicting news story after another, and the source's are people who are working on,diecting,and performing in Indy IV. How come no one can agree about what's going on, and how come they are waiting a year to produce Indy IV, for no reason? I think that the answer's to these question's are something Indy fans everywere would like to know. FAN

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Hollywood process is a complicated one. I hope I can shed some light on why such simplicities seem so complicated.

The lastest report by the producers (guys who acquire a project, finance it, organize the talent and ensure a blueprint is followed) of Indy IV revealed the Darabont (the screenwriter) is still polishing his work, before it is presented for filiming. [see theraider.net for lastest developments]

This means that some of the other key players like storyboard artists (who translate directors thoughts into pictures), cinematographers (who translate 2-dimesional art into celluloid scenery) location scouts (who find the cinematographers vision) and casting agents (who find people to fill the locations the scouts find) ALL have to wait (in order) to do their jobs.

Now let us assume that the above processes (and countless others like hiring film crews, both first and second units; arranging travel, hotels and lodging for so many people; negotiating international agreements to film in various parts of the world; ad infinitium) have all been worked out. What happens?

Well, the primary principles can begin "working" (even though they have been all along) But the actual filming of a movie can take as many a 90 days. 3 months. And that may be conservative for a project of this type. IMDB reveals that Harrison Ford is currently working on a project entitled "A Walk Among the Tombstones". It can be foolishly presumed that he is commited to this project until October. (This would not include his contract to promote the movie via media tours and the like) It is safe to say he will not be available until 2004 to commit 90+ days (straight I might add) to film another movie. Let us not forget Steven's projects, George's projects and the countless other men how also have scheduled appointments they are obligated to in order to keep their reputation and gain a paycheck.

Now, let's again assume that the journney above has been completed. Then begins the pain staking process of editing (putiing the scenes in order as they appear in the screenplay) adding music (which has to be written after seeing the complete edited film) and addding titles (those long list of names at the end of a film no one pays attention to) who all help create two and 1/2 hours of entertaiment for us. It is understandable that this process may take of few years to complete. And what for? $7.50 American dollars a person.

FAN

My goodness,
how does anyone have the patience to make a movie? When you put it that way it sounds absoulutly horrible. Well they had better spead up the process otherwise we'll be waiting another 10 year's. FAN

CB27

The perfect ending:
Indy slowly walks away from the camera after making it clear that he's finished with his adventures. The scene is very moving untill Indy glances back over his shoulder and then takes off running as suddenly.....the huge ball from Raiders rolls after him! What a great way to tie the beginning of the series into the end. OK, so I'm just just joking. But, I do think if the beginning and end were somehow connected(obviously not in the way I mentioned), it could be a very nice ending.