I Just Desperately Want Another Indy

Mungi

Yeah! There is so much potential, everybody wants another one, and Harrison Ford is fit as hell!

I'm sure that after the world has seen him punching, shooting and riding the horse, just kicking *** in "Cowboys and Aliens" again, the pressure will be enormous!

So, Lucas, Spielberg, what are you waiting for? COME ON!:gun:

The promo interviews for his new film will arrive in a few days/weeks I guess, and we can expect nearly every interviewer will ask him about it!

Indy's brother

Sharkey said:
Are you like crack whore desperate?

What would you do for another movie?

I can't speak for anyone else, but considering the moral depths that I've plumbed for a Klondike Bar....I'd say anything goes.

Indy's brother said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but considering the moral depths that I've plumbed...
An interesting question...what WOULD you do for an Indy film?

The Drifter said:
You didn't say the magic word.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ie4GN4J9lSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

moon_tan

I'm ready for Indiana Jones 5 too.

Okay, let me spill my guts. I can't keep it to myself anymore. I was disappointed with the alien thing and the end of the film, but I'm willing to watch the movie again and give it a new perspective. I understand Spielberg and Lucas wanted to make Crystal Skull fun to watch. The atomic bomb scenes and Indy being in the refrigerator was a bit too much for my intelligence and I wasn't laughing. Indy is not The Incredible Hulk. He is flesh and blood. No man could survive an atomic blast.
On the other side of the coin, I am glad they made a new Indiana Jones movie and I didn't care what it was about. I like to be surprised. I paid my admission to see it in the theater to enjoy the full movie screen experience.
I'm excited that George Lucas is making a new Indiana Jones story and that Harrison Ford is willing to make "Indiana Jones 5". I wish we didn't have to wait so long. As of June 2011, George Lucas is still working on the story. Steven Spielberg is filming "Lincoln" this Autumn 2011 with Daniel Day Lewis as "President Abe Lincoln" and Sally Field as "Mary Lincoln". So if they can get the final draft of the script done in 2012 and get into the production-mode in 2012, perhaps "Indiana Jones 5" will be released in 2013.
Harrison Ford will be 70 on July 13, 2012. (y)

IAdventurer01

It's funny how personal opinions change over time. After CS came out, I was in disbelief that we got Indy 4 and was perfectly content. If it weren't for all the hinting and rumor's I'd still be content, but now I am a little itchy for a new one - especially if it can be done so that at least in the public eye the series didn't go out with a bomb.

Edit: Uh, no pun intended? :p

Mungi

moon_tan said:
I'm excited that George Lucas is making a new Indiana Jones story and that Harrison Ford is willing to make "Indiana Jones 5". I wish we didn't have to wait so long. As of June 2011, George Lucas is still working on the story. Steven Spielberg is filming "Lincoln" this Autumn 2011 with Daniel Day Lewis as "President Abe Lincoln" and Sally Field as "Mary Lincoln". So if they can get the final draft of the script done in 2012 and get into the production-mode in 2012, perhaps "Indiana Jones 5" will be released in 2013.
Harrison Ford will be 70 on July 13, 2012. (y)

But don't forget Spielberg will probably shoot "Robopocalypse" next year for a 2013 release. He might also want to take a little break after his next two movies coming at the end of this year and the other two in 2012 and 2013. At least it looks like there is no room for another Indy movie till 2013. Yet, if they are really looking for a story, then the script phase should come soon, and they would have the time till the end of 2012 to make something good out of it. They could shoot it in 2013, maybe in 2014. Well, only IF they get to a fruitful stage, of course...

Paul2572

Would they do to Harrison Ford what they did to Jeff Bridges in "Tron"? Less CGI the better!!

Last edited:

Tohtally Indy

I would LOVE to see a new Indy adventure on the big screen, but I'm not holding my breath. Harrison appears to be free right now (according to IMDB), but Spielberg has a full slate, and George is busy being George....or whatever.
I watched Crystal Skull just the other night, and as flawed as it is (Mac, the monkeys, 3 times it drops) I still really like what George and Steven were doing. It's an Indy film set in the '50s, and also an homage to that period - the birth of rock n roll, "The Red Scare," atomic bombs, atomic age hysteria in film - including the UFO scare, giant ants from the movie THEM! , etc., etc.

I love the period of the 1950's. It was a great time of change in The U.S., and all of that is reflected in Crystal Skull.
I can understand why some would not like the movie. It's quite a leap from the original Indy Trilogy, but I enjoy the film for what it is.

I would also love to see a new one! That time leading up to Crystal Skull was exciting, and I would love to do it again!
:gun:

Indy's brother

When asked about actor Shia LaBeouf taking over the mantle of action hero from his co-star Harrison Ford, Spielberg coyly said that LaBeouf has a lot of big things in his future. At the same time, he indicated that LaBeouf has to make multiple Tranformers movies before he can move over and take on the fedora and bullwhip of Indiana Jones.

Granted, this was in 2007, and who knows how relevant this quote is anymore, 3 years later, but if you check IMDB, you'll see that Harrison and Shia look to be perfectly free and available for now. Just something to think about....