I want to live in England

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
...preferably, digestives.

Well, chocolate bourbons, but I'm trying to cut back!

JuniorJones said:
We are quite welcoming, when were told to be.

Were a small nation, around the area where Hungary, Romania and Serbia, slightly hidden as we generally don?t advertise , you know, superheroes .

South is the nation of Symkaria, which is a benevolent constitutional monarchy in contrast to the Latveria to its north.

Our capital, where I live, Doomstadt, formerly Hassenstadt (German for "Hatetown"), renamed when Doom seized power, located just north of the Kline River.

The population is roughly 500,000 but this is depended on what tragedy may befall us, (This is an approximation since the government of Latveria has not allowed an outside census in over 20 years)

I?m from Mixed European stock, Roma but we have many languages spoken in Latverian German, Hungarian, English, Latverian (My language, I use google translate on the doomnet), Romany.

There?s not much business except working for Dr Doom on his world domination scheme.

Public holidays are dependant on Dr Doom mood, so not many.

If you want to travel here there is only airport for the country, Doomsport, lies on the southern outskirts of Doomstadt. It maintains two runways and a modern terminal, but flights into and out of Doomsport are quite limited.

Most helpful!

JuniorJones said:
What! There?s a comic about Latveria! Now, I?d like to see that. I wonder why it?s not in the newsagents?

I could smuggle some in, they're quite marvelous. I also have an address that could net you a complete collection... nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean?

JuniorJones said:
You must finish it in the name of DOOM!

That's the sort of encouragment I need to finish one project before moving onto the next. (y)

JuniorJones said:
Yeah! We?ve got refrigeration in Latveria!!

Refridgerators? Why? Do you get many nuclear explosions in Latveria?

adventure_al

Nurhachi1991 said:
Im blooming tired of CA.

England sounds so much better.

1. You can drink

2. Theres better things on tv

3. You can drink (y)

You want to live in Scotland its way better ;) Plus the people are more friendly and more welcoming to foreigners. In Edinburgh anyway.

As for your point about TV. Not true. Our TV stations are full of your american guff! Sitcoms and all that! pah! (n)

adventure_al

Nurhachi1991 said:
Id like to live in Bristol. London seems way to crowded but Somers town seems nice

Haha, where did you get this idea from? Do you have friends in Bristol?

I've been to Bristol a few times and I'd save yourself the bother. Bristol is not much of a place. Going out there is pretty rough as well. The lagers/Beers they have on draught in those parts are mainly pretty awful as well. Plus the whole place could do with a bit of a make over.

Call me biased but like I said in previous post Edinburgh is where its at. Personally don't like London but as a tourist I can understand why you'd want to see the main sights. There is regular trains to London and other major UK cities from Edinburgh. You can also venture the other way and experience the Scottish highlands.

Whats more Edinburgh has the Castle and loads of other tourist sights as well as the Festival if you're here in August. (lots of comedy and music events, shows etc.) Most of the buildings are really old as well so it would be totally different from anything you've seen in the US.

EdinburghCastle_CaltonHill.jpg

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wadler/Pics/EdinburghLong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Montana Smith

adventure_al said:
You want to live in Scotland its way better ;) Plus the people are more friendly and more welcoming to foreigners. In Edinburgh anyway.

It is said that the fine cosmopolitan city of Edinburgh even welcomes Sassenachs! :p

adventure_al said:
As for your point about TV. Not true. Our TV stations are full of your american guff! Sitcoms and all that! pah! (n)

That's true. Australian guff, too! And a big dollop of home-made guff. Lots and lots of channels brimming with guff. The guff serves to make the gems shine even more brightly.

Canyon

adventure_al said:
Haha, where did you get this idea from? Do you have friends in Bristol?

I've been to Bristol a few times and I'd save yourself the bother. Bristol is not much of a place. Going out there is pretty rough as well. The lagers/Beers they have on draught in those parts are mainly pretty awful as well. Plus the whole place could do with a bit of a make over.

Interesting. Bristol is a nice city and there are a lot of nice parts, but, like any city, it can also be quite rough in places. ;)

As for beer, we have some pretty good breweries here in the city. Next time you're here, check out JD Wetherspoon. http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/ They always have some really great beers, and are a helluva lot cheaper that most pubs in the city. They also have beer festivals several times a year which always goes down well!

However, I will say that, yes, there are some parts that really need some work. Last year, we finally got our brand new shopping complex, Cabot Circus which is awesome! http://www.cabotcircus.com/website/ Took em' long enough! :rolleyes: