If Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones Coexisted...

Indydan13

For a mini movie of mine done on Power Point, I "changed" a picture of the Ark to go with my LOTR themed movie. Now I know that they don't mix and Middle Earth isn't on Earth but if it was a secret Island that Indy has gone to and he discovers an ancient race as advanced as Middle Ages people but dating back before Ancient Egypt. I think the coming together of the two great movies would be fantastic.

How can I get the picture
on here?

Deadlock

Ah, but they DO coexist.

Pop in your super-mega-ultra-platonium-extendomatic version of Return of the King. Now, go to the scene where Pippen steals the Palantir from the sleeping Gandalf. Look familiar? Now, turn on the cast commentary and you'll learn from Billy Boyd that the scene was originally written to have him just grabbing the Palantir. He went to Peter Jackson and asked if he could do the "Harrison Ford thing." Peter Jackson approved and they shot Billy swapping an earthenware pitcher for the Palantir, ala Raiders. :)

Last edited:

Joe Brody

Pippin doing IJ??? BLASPHEMY.

Seriously, cool tidbit Deadlock. Based on the books (not the films), I suppose I'd tag Merry as being the most Jones-like (despite the name).

Deadlock

Joe Brody said:
Pippin doing IJ??? BLASPHEMY.

Which way do you mean??? Concerned that LOTR is blaspheming Indy or the other way around? :)

Joe Brody said:
Seriously, cool tidbit Deadlock. Based on the books (not the films), I suppose I'd tag Merry as being the most Jones-like (despite the name).

Your response intrigued me. Why Merry as the most Jones-like? That's not the character that first comes to my mind. (Maybe it's the hair. :D)

Indydan13

Wow, that is a very coincidental picture.

BTW: How'd you get the picture up? I tried to get one but it didn't work.