Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - coming in 2024

Jacques Fabre

FInally. A new Indiana Jones game.
I have RTX 3060TI and an i3-13100F. Hope my pc is good enough for this game.

I don't mind FPS sections in some shooting sections though. Kinda similar to Emperor's Tomb that had a FPS section.

You can also play the N64 version of Infernal Machine on an emulator if you want. That version is in some ways better and in some ways worse than the pc version.
I am actually playing the N64 version now. I love the Zelda-esque controls and the tweaks to levels and graphics they made. I think that Infernal Machine would have been a much bigger hit had it not been a Blockbuster exclusive (even though it's a little janky today). I played the PC version as a kid and the only things I miss are the lip-synching and the Monkey Island Easter egg from the end-game: that blew my mind when I stumbled on it in 1999!

As it is, Infernal Machine is one of my favorite Indy stories. I'm halfway hoping the new game has Sophia appear and finishes out a "Hapgood Trilogy" of games.

FordFan

I follow Spawn Wave on YouTube and his poll from yesterday shows Indy as being the game folks are most excited to see. Regardless of what people think about KOTCS or DoD, it's clear there's still love for the character and franchise. I really hope this game delivers and proves to be worth the extremely long wait.

Every time I played Uncharted, I always thought, "It's a shame there isn't an Indiana Jones game like this."

Fingers crossed this is it. Then again, I loved the Indy game on Super Nintendo 😂

LB Makes Stuff

Did some personal research…
The name “The Great Circle” could refer to the circumference of the Earth.

But, in that initial teaser, the first book we see has a symbol on it, that symbol is “The Seed of Life” which represents creation.

There could be a Biblical aspect to this game though, as one website says:
“The basis of the Seed of Life is the circle, and in sacred geometry circles represent cycles, as well as encompassing things. In this case, the seven circles are often compared to the seven days of creation, with the different circles being ascribed to different points in the universe's making. The overlapping of the circles shows that these events did not happen independently of each other, either, but that each is intimately connected to the next, building atop what came before it.”

dprog

It looks likely that this new Indy game uses the id tech engine instead of Unreal engine.

So I guess this new Indy game wont have stuttering issues.

ThrowMeTheWhip

Lucasfilm registered Great Circle along with Galactic Circle and Circle of Resistance in 2022.

Not saying that it means it’s not Indy related; could have been an intentional misdirect. Or it could be a Star Wars thing. We’ll find out next week!

Lao_Che

But, in that initial teaser, the first book we see has a symbol on it, that symbol is “The Seed of Life” which represents creation.

There could be a Biblical aspect to this game though, as one website says:
“The basis of the Seed of Life is the circle, and in sacred geometry circles represent cycles, as well as encompassing things. In this case, the seven circles are often compared to the seven days of creation, with the different circles being ascribed to different points in the universe's making. The overlapping of the circles shows that these events did not happen independently of each other, either, but that each is intimately connected to the next, building atop what came before it.”
Vatican City and "Myths That Made Us" book on Mesopotamia in the teaser too.

Creation of Adam and Garden of Eden, then? 🤔

Dr.Jonesy

I follow Spawn Wave on YouTube and his poll from yesterday shows Indy as being the game folks are most excited to see. Regardless of what people think about KOTCS or DoD, it's clear there's still love for the character and franchise.
I think a lot of gamers were a huge part of the audience for Dial of Destiny. The over 30 crowd is one of the biggest demographics.

Not only that, but the gaming market has been deprived of anything adventure-like. Uncharted is over and its been 6 years since a Tomb Raider.

Gamers are thirsty for an adventure game and Indy is overdue.

I admit I kinda hate the title.

Damon

Not only that, but the gaming market has been deprived of anything adventure-like. Uncharted is over and its been 6 years since a Tomb Raider.

Classic Lara is coming back this year with the release of the old games as a remaster. Would be fun to have her and Indy own the Genre again, like they did back when Tomb Raider 4 and Infernal Machine released at the same time. Ah, the memories.

emtiem

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game is playable on Steam Deck. I've been working my way through the adventure games and Infernal Machine there and it'd be nice to play the Bethesda game after I finish Emperor's Tomb and the PSP version of Staff of Kings.
I didn't realise they were on Steam; that's great, thank you.

I could imagine some sort of story where Indy has to race around the world for some reason. Something a bit different.

Dr.Jonesy

This reminds me of all the rumored titles of Indy 5.

I remember loving Indiana Jones and the Order of Elysium.

I still wish the film was title Indiana Jones and the Fissure of Fate.

FordFan

This reminds me of all the rumored titles of Indy 5.

I remember loving Indiana Jones and the Order of Elysium.

I still wish the film was title Indiana Jones and the Fissure of Fate.
I'm curious how many people know what a fissure is. I can't even recall how many times I heard it before the movie.

I think Dial of Destiny is a great title.

emtiem

I bought them on Steam but they don't run on Mac anymore. I don't get why it lets you buy them.