Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - coming in 2024

Bjorn Heimdall

Right?

Like something other than Nazis or Commies.

But with Indy games, I'm definitely at a 'beggars can't be choosers' stage, though. We're lucky to be getting anything, at all.

Recently, I binge-played Robocop: Rogue City.

Absolutely phenomenally fun game with true passion and love for the original film. Made by people who are clearly fans but not so fanboy-ish that it clouded their judgement. It didn't overdo it on fan-service and did a lot to further the lore.

I'd love to see Indy be handled to a smaller studio like that that has enough money to make a gorgeous and fun game - but has the fan love and passion for the source material behind it.

Yes, it's great Indy is getting a AAA budget and backing, for sure! I've faith that this game will be a banger.

But I'd take a Rogue City level of passion/care/heart that's a bit smaller in scope than a big budget glitchy mess with little passion that gaming often puts out by bigger companies.

Bottom line - play Rogue City.
One of my favourite shooters I've played in years.
Before the madness here starts with the reveal of the new game, I would like to add my vote for Robocop: Rogue City. What tremendous fun, it became my most played game during the Holidays. That Ed-209 fight (It's really early so it's not really a spoiler) near the start was an absolute bastard though, I had to semi-cheese it to get through it.

About the antagonists, its Machine Games and they do know their way around Nazi baddies. Then there is the suggested time period, of course. But hopefully we still get a memorable main villain, who would obviously not need to be a Nazi.

Dr.Jonesy

Before the madness here starts with the reveal of the new game, I would like to add my vote for Robocop: Rogue City. What tremendous fun, it became my most played game during the Holidays. That Ed-209 fight (It's really early so it's not really a spoiler) near the start was an absolute bastard though, I had to semi-cheese it to get through it.
It was indeed tremendous fun. And that's something that I find sorely lacking in a lot of modern gaming. Fun. It's not perfect, and it's got some clunk - but damn, is it great to play and deepens my love for the series. I'm really looking forward to taking my beefed-up Auto-9 and RoboCop stats back for a replay on NewGame+ when they update the game for it.

Somehow the first ED-209 fight was pretty easy, for me - I think it comes down to your stats, if you've upgraded the Auto-9 and if you've a good secondary weapon, which thankfully I did. I used a lot of the environmental explosives, too. Kept my distance.

By the third part of the game, my Auto-9 was a BEAST.

Lao_Che

Indiana Jones game: MachineGames, the award-winning studio behind the recent Wolfenstein series, will reveal their upcoming Indiana Jones game, an action-adventure that puts players in the leather jacket of the legendary archaeologist. Developer_Direct will showcase more than 10 minutes of game and developer insights, including details about the game’s setting and story, how fans will actually play as Indy, additional details from his next globe-trotting adventure, and the premiere of the first gameplay trailer.

Dr.Jonesy

I'm honestly thinking we're getting a release this year, guys. Everything so far has been a 2024 release date.

The Indy teaser dropped 3 years ago. Don't forget that it's been that long!

Dr.Jonesy

Mixed reaction from me, so far.

Bad title. Wouldn't something like Indiana Jones and the Great Circle of the Ancients be better?
I'm not a fan of the 1st-person perspective. If you could toggle between the two, I'd dig that.

First person

I was worried about that. MachineGames has only made 1st-person games so far.

You have one of the visually iconic film characters in history - and you make a game where you can't see him?

OOF.

IndyBuff

I'm mixed so far. Some of it looks promising but other aspects leave me cold. This is why I went in expecting the worst--much easier to deal with disappointment that way.

MrEdcar007

Troy Baker as Indiana Jones
Yeah, not feeling it with what I saw.

The rest of it looks, ok? Visuals are incredible but the first person perspective is an interesting choice.

I think my opinion will change over time.

IndyBuff

After the disappointment of DoD, I was really hoping this would fill the void. Sadly, it's just not there. Another strike.:(