Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - coming in 2024

Bjorn Heimdall

The moment he said you are not just playing as Indy but you ARE Indy, I knew it would be 1st person. Just say you can't make third person games šŸ˜„

Dr.Jonesy

The moment he said you are not just playing as Indy but you ARE Indy, I knew it would be 1st person. Just say you can't make third person games šŸ˜„
When Todd Howard was talking about the game and we saw a shot of him looking at a screen in the board room - I saw a hand in the bottom corner of the screen and groaned.

FordFan

I think they showed the original trilogy titles because that's what inspired them in making the game, not necessarily the last two. I get it.

Texas

Was that Tony Todd from Candyman who was playing that creepy bald headed guy that Indy encounters in this game?

Dr.Jonesy

I think they showed the original trilogy titles because that's what inspired them in making the game, not necessarily the last two. I get it.
True. The gameplay would be different due to his age and the era would, too.

I do wonder if the satchel on the outside of the jacket was their nod to those films, though.

TheFedora

"The other key character is Gina Lombardi, voiced by Italian actress Alessandra Mastronardi, who appeared opposite Nicolas Cage and Pedro Pascal in the film The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. Gina is an investigative journalist who has a personal stake in this story. "I don't know how deep I want to go into that at the moment," Gustafsson teases. "I would say that she is also somewhat of a resistance journalist, and that has been an important part as well for shaping this character to make sure that Gina has her own goals."

From that EW article on Troy. so interesting. How does Indy guarantee that she doesnt just publish whatever the maguffin is at the end?

Bjorn Heimdall

Yeah I have never bought into the whole "First person is more immersive" thing. Good games are immersive, no matter the perspective. Personally I prefer third person but I have played a lot more first person games in the last few years and I absolutely loved their Wolfenstein games so it's not enough to lessen my interest. It does look really good and it is coming later this year, nice to keep that Indy vibe going here in the forums as well!

And yes that was deffo Tony Todd.

MrEdcar007

They even brought back the OG logo, and not the weathered and cramped one from Dial.

After watching the trailer for a few more times, I am pretty much sold on this. This is more in line with the original movies than anything that has come out from this IP since then.

I am also starting to believe that the first person camera is there to avoid unwanted comparisons to Uncharted and Tomb Raider. They want to do their own thing and stand out, and that is fine.

It's all in the execution, and the trailer is a good indication that they are on the right path.

Bjorn Heimdall

That jump from plane to one plane wing to another was pretty sick, my favorite moment from the trailer. I hope this will look decent on the Series S.

Well, back to playing that new Prince of Persia game.

TheFedora

"Jerk Gustafsson: A ā€œgreat circleā€ is any circle that divides a sphere in half. On Earth, the most well-known one is obviously the equator. But they can exist from any point really, and are used heavily in aviation when plotting your course. It turns out there is a very real and mysterious great circle that is not the equator, but one that connects many of historyā€™s greatest historical sites such as Giza, Easter Island, Sukhothai, Nazca, and many more. Their connection has remained a mystery, and this provides the perfect adventure for our game."

Aliens. Calling it. the slip about aviation tells it.

Z dweller

As it happens this has been pointed out before, and it's nothing to do with aliens.

The earliest reference I can think of is in Graham Hancock's Heaven's Mirror, Quest for the Lost Civilization (1999):
"Suppose that a network of monuments was set up around the world in prehistoric times by unknown navigators and architects - a network marking out the tropics, gridding the earth with set co-ordinates of longitude and latitude [...]"

This is a great setup for Indy to go and explore different sites around the work, the perfect premise for a globe-trotting adventure!

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The city scene with Japanese fighters looked like the Nanjing Massacre to me.

Hopefully we'll have mods that enable 3rd person camera and move the bag strap under the jacket.