Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - coming in 2024

MrEdcar007

For your own mental health/sanity, do yourselves a favor and stay away from YouTube/Twitter/Facebook comments.

While the reactions for this game are quite positive, Indy still has a negative and toxic following since Dial and I doubt it's going to stop with this game, especially since console war fanboyism is already a part of it's discource.

Just my advice for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the toxicity.

Dr.Jonesy

For your own mental health/sanity, do yourselves a favor and stay away from YouTube/Twitter/Facebook comments.

While the reactions for this game are quite positive, Indy still has a negative and toxic following since Dial and I doubt it's going to stop with this game, especially since console war fanboyism is already a part of it's discource.

Yeah. Noticed that, too. Makes sense as a lot of the toxic stuff relating to geekdom really kicked off with GamerGate.

ShortRound

Yeah. Noticed that, too. Makes sense as a lot of the toxic stuff relating to geekdom really kicked off with GamerGate\

There are some youtube channel blocking addons for firefox that might help as well.

So I guess that more or less covers the areas we will visit in the game?
Seems like it. That would be a fair number of levels already

TheFedora

Got it. There's a LOT of people trying to gatekeep or culture war Indy. Its sad really.

Also regarding the locations, If I had to guess its obvious we will be likely going through the Eurasia locations in quick succession. The SA locations of Nazca and Easter Island though... hell , if this game actually has the Moai of Easter Island being a big clue to the finale, I'd give it props just for that.

Maperezc94

One of the things that keep me up at night is if this game will start off right away with the robbery committed by Tony Toodd's character in the Marshal College or we'll get to play an autoconclusive adventure-prologue before that.

I really wish for the second option, tbh.

TheFedora

One of the things that keep me up at night is if this game will start off right away with the robbery committed by Tony Toodd's character in the Marshal College or we'll get to play an autoconclusive adventure-prologue before that.

I really wish for the second option, tbh.
Tony Todd's character does hearken back to the 'strong guy' type characters Indy usually has to 'cheat' to gain the victory. (Think the mechanic in Raiders) So wondering if that would be the same here. I do like how the direct showcased that indy has the option for direct combat but also stealth in some areas. I do wonder how similar to uncharted the stealth will be.

ShortRound

Perhaps the object Tony Todd's character is looking for at Marshall College is something he finds in the prologue?

Nothing in the trailer appears to be the prologue though- Gina is at Sukhotai and Himalayas, Vatican is after the Marshall College encounter and Egypt has Nazis all over the place.

My bet would be that it's one of those mentioned in the teaser or lucasfilm interview
Ziggurat of Ur, Nazca, Easter Island

TheFedora

Hmmm given the items in the map show the 'straight line' throughout eurasia, maybe the SA/EI stuff could definitely be the prologue. I can see Indy passing out at his desk if he's tired after just coming back from the field.

ShortRound

Hmmm given the items in the map show the 'straight line' throughout eurasia, maybe the SA/EI stuff could definitely be the prologue. I can see Indy passing out at his desk if he's tired after just coming back from the field.
True! Narratively and visually that looks like a good non-confusing starting point for them to start the circle.

Also, yeah, Indy passing out at his desk has to be for a good reason. Maybe he just comes back, the theft happens and then he sees Marcus the next day. Marcus chides him for leaving again rather than trying to make amends with Marion.

Which reminds me, my word, I'm so glad to see Marcus again! Not enough people are talking about how on point the voice actor and animation for him are (though I suppose he is just a tad older looking).

A bit of fun trivia from the trailers it seems. So the necklace and the Knight's tomb has a Jerusalem Cross design on it.

Dr.Jonesy

I do hope that the game goes a bit more 'out there', in places.

Like, for example - I'd love to see a concept like the ghosts in the early draft of Last Crusade be a feature of the game. Or get metaphysical with it. Go a bit more crazy. I don't want the games to be copies of the films - I'd love for them to expand on them and go places where the films maybe couldn't.

That's my hope, at least. A selfish one, at that - given that we're lucky to be getting something at all, let alone one that looks this promising.

Damon

I do hope that the game goes a bit more 'out there', in places.

That's my hope, at least. A selfish one, at that - given that we're lucky to be getting something at all, let alone one that looks this promising.

I just finished "Wolfenstein: The Old Blood", because I wanted to see what kind of games MachineHead makes. I won't spoil anything, but they certainly nailed the "out there" part. In that regard, we are in good hands :D

Dr.Jonesy

I just finished "Wolfenstein: The Old Blood", because I wanted to see what kind of games MachineHead makes. I won't spoil anything, but they certainly nailed the "out there" part. In that regard, we are in good hands :D
It's been some years since I played Old Blood/New Order/New Colossus but I did love them a lot.

Bjorn Heimdall

Wait until you get to The New Colossus