Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

RaidersoftheArk

What i see is a chain reaction. You should play the game to find it as your own experience,not the negative conclusion of another. Rent the game and judge yourself,some find the game crap others enjoy after long waiting for another indy game,eventhough it still is missing tons of things.

fixer79

Has anyone seen any DS screenshots actually?
Kinda strange that the game's out and no one's seen screenshots of it.
Bad sign...

The Tingler

RaidersoftheArk said:
What i see is a chain reaction. You should play the game to find it as your own experience,not the negative conclusion of another. Rent the game and judge yourself,some find the game crap others enjoy after long waiting for another indy game,eventhough it still is missing tons of things.
Do agree that people should be playing it somehow before commenting on it here, but there's a few points people have noted that I'm going to notice whatever happens.

Now that I'm prepared for the worst and lowering my expectations, I might actually get some enjoyment out of it!

Speaking of the DS version, is anyone getting it? That's the one version hardly anyone's mentioned.

The Tingler said:
Do agree that people should be playing it somehow before commenting on it here, but there's a few points people have noted that I'm going to notice whatever happens.

Now that I'm prepared for the worst and lowering my expectations, I might actually get some enjoyment out of it!

Speaking of the DS version, is anyone getting it? That's the one version hardly anyone's mentioned.

I bought all 4 versions but won't have time to play them until the weekend...

tocksic

At least in Germany there is one good thing to say about SoK: Indy's voice-actor in the game is the same guy whos the dedicated Harrison Ford dub-voice since back to SW and RotlA. So for "german ears" it's Ford speaking. :p

Rhys135

Been playing the Wii version for the past hour. I like it, but then again I havent played ET or IM, so can't compare. Gameplay reminds me a lot of Nintendo's 'Disaster Day of Crisis'.

The Tingler said:

Yep - switched it on for a taster - seem's the story is told in a comic book style here and most things are controlled via the touchscreen. Will be spending some proper time with it in bed tonight.

Raider S

People are finishing this game the day it comes out? Graphics no better or worse than a game that's seven or eight years old? A few hours of play for $50?

Franchise killer.

The Tingler

Rhys135 said:
Been playing the Wii version for the past hour. I like it, but then again I havent played ET or IM, so can't compare. Gameplay reminds me a lot of Nintendo's 'Disaster Day of Crisis'.

Yep - switched it on for a taster - seem's the story is told in a comic book style here and most things are controlled via the touchscreen. Will be spending some proper time with it in bed tonight.

Waiiit a minute - if you're in the UK, how are you playing it now? ;)

tocksic

The Tingler said:

It isn't officially released in Germany either, but also here are a few people who already are playing it. Some media-stores are already selling SoK today, because tomorrow (the release-date) is corpus christi holiday and the shops will be closed.

Johnny Nys

Well, all online info always talked about it as a Wii game. With a small inclusion of "also on DS, PSP and PS2". FoA was mentioned as a special bonus for the Wii, that's correct. But it never really said anything about the PS2 features in general. The lack of the co-op mode is another piece of evidence that they only seriously considered it as a Wii game.

Irfaan

The Tingler said:

I'm in the UK and got the PSP version yesterday, haven't played much of it yet.

As long as you know "top people" you can get anything early these days...or there is play-asia!

Plus PSP is multi-region!

The Tingler

Irfaan said:
I'm in the UK and got the PSP version yesterday, haven't played much of it yet.

As long as you know "top people" you can get anything early these days...or there is play-asia!

Plus PSP is multi-region!

You sod! You did mention you know Gamestation lot, didn't you? :whip: I tried that with a game a while back and the officious bastards wouldn't sell me it. And I used to work there!

If I'm lucky it's waiting for me at home now.

If I'm unlucky Matt Shell might want to read me some of his poetry first.

DraculaDillenge

I know some people will love anything Indy, without analysis, and I guess that's fine, but this game is an absolute failure. It's more frustrating than it is pleasurable. I can appreciate a2m's attempt at telling the story, and so far, it could have been a good one, save for the sloppy, unprofessional game design. This game is the product of either untalented or uninspired developers.

Endure my ravings for an example:
The jungle level has a shoot out sequence on the cusp of a chasm that defeated me repeatedly by virtue of its own design flaw: pressed against the outer edge of cover, I would get shot by a distant gunman whose bullets could not be dodged. If I didn't kill him immediately, I would get plugged and have to endure the tedious load screen again and again. Then, because of a poorly conceived checkpoint system, I would have to navigate the ruins, again, fight some thugs, again, before getting to the shootout. Finally, having controlled the shaky, slippery gun sights to success and quickly snapping off my shots, I slew the foe, then tackled the others. Venturing forth up a crevice, I fell through the rocks, into dead space, crashing the level. Load screen, same checkpoint back through the ruins, repeat entire process. Now, if the gameplay was any good, I might enjoy these follies, punching and platforming, not unlike Emperor's Tomb. But in Staff of Kings, the play is painful drudgery.

In a generation of games like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Force Unleashed and even the past two Tomb Raider games, this is the best a company could do with Indiana Jones? Sure, a2m were initially making a downgraded 360/PS3 title, but that doesn't mean it can't be a solid, fun game. Same goes for Lucasarts; you canceled the HD title, leaving Wii, PS2 and handhelds to represent your top license and this is the output? Who's working your QA?

Sorry guys, I want to like SoK, but it's too low-grade for me to put aside the issues and enjoy it for Indy alone.