Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

The Tingler

Snakes said:
What company developed Force Unleashed for Wii? That game turned out much better than I expected.

That'd be Krome Studios. A2M are handling Indy. Let's hope that suddenly becoming the primary version of the game will push them to make it better than The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor...

Morning Bell

As a Wii owner I'm thrilled that I'll be able to play this game, yet I also feel bad for those with a PS3 and XBOX 360 because they've been shafted from a game that was theirs to begin with. I have never understood why LucasArts can't put a game out on all the major platforms. Nintendo often gets overlooked and now Microsoft and Sony. It's too bad there won't be a chance for everyone to enjoy this game.

Tydirium

The Tingler said:
That'd be Krome Studios. A2M are handling Indy. Let's hope that suddenly becoming the primary version of the game will push them to make it better than The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor...

When a major film franchise has a game that is only released on PS2, Wii and DS, you know somethings not right.

Indy's brother

Nurhachi1991 said:
Compared to Indy he was a Nancy boy every adventure hero is a pansy compared to Indy.
Nurhachi, I agree. Also, I am pleased to inform you that the credit limit on your "man card" has just been increased as a direct result of that post.:hat:

The Magic Rat

I'm drooling over the prospect of whipping the wiimote during game play. The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not it will be in time for that new accessory to get added to the Wii-that balance thingy that'll make your body's movements correlated to the game a 1:1 ratio. That would help it immensely.

Then again, I dunno. I'm just talking.

Insomniac

The Magic Rat said:
I'm drooling over the prospect of whipping the wiimote during game play. The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not it will be in time for that new accessory to get added to the Wii-that balance thingy that'll make your body's movements correlated to the game a 1:1 ratio. That would help it immensely.

Ya that would kick @SS but it would only work for games configured that way!
I think!

Morning Bell

The Magic Rat said:

Whipping with the Wii-mote sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see some small Wii effects added to the game while retaining a more classic control like Emperor's Tomb had. A nice balance between the two could work very well.

Also dissapointed, but didn't think it was ever gonna come out, and have a wii so tentatively excited. The one thing I hope they do is put in some sort of effective 'motion brawling engine' fist fighting motion mapped Indy style. Could be cool if they get it right

The Magic Rat

Morning Bell said:
Whipping with the Wii-mote sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see some small Wii effects added to the game while retaining a more classic control like Emperor's Tomb had. A nice balance between the two could work very well.

Nurhachi1991 said:
have a feeling whiping will just be flailing the Wii mote and thats it.

I would love to see it work out, but I bet they won't spend that much time on it. That said, the semi classic control scheme/little wiimote action worked great for Twilight Princess, so who knows what could happen in the end.

indyjones2131

How is there any argument about this?

Look at the development history.

Look at the fact that there is no fanfare to this trailer release.

Look at the fact that there is no gameplay in this trailer for a game that's supposed to come out in mere months.

Look at the fact that Wii games are notoriously bad in general with very few exceptions.

Look at the fact that the graphical immersion we could have gotten from the 360 and ps3 (for the first time ever in an Indy game) is now gone.

Look at the fact that most Wii games feature dumb, repetive, gimmicky minigames that attempt to take the place of actual gameplay.

This game will be a joke compared to what we could have had. Of course, a lot of you liked the last movie too.

As far as I'm concerned LUCASARTS IS A JOKE.

DocWhiskey

Exactly. There's a reason the marketing, if any, and the release is going to be kept on the down low: It's going to be mediocre at best.

There's a bunch of games that come out every year without anyone noticing and they usually stink.

Does anyone remember the Ghost Rider game? There were no commercials for it. There were some screenshots and a quick gameplay video on a few gaming websites. It was only released on the PS2 I believe, even though it came out about 2 years ago. I was the only one who followed it lol. With the lack of news I was surprised it was even released. It was kept quiet. So I bought it and it was pretty "meh". Muddy graphics, repetitive gameplay, boring story. It was just okay if you're a Ghost Rider fan.

That's how I think SoK is going to be. I don't even think it will be Emperor's Tomb quality. And it's a shame because Indy is still iconic and he deserves better. I heard it wasn't even coming out on PS2 but PSP, DS, and Wii.

Insomniac

DocWhiskey said:
I heard it wasn't even coming out on PS2 but PSP, DS, and Wii.
Where did you hear this?

I think Lucas isn't gonna put out some half @$$ game he's not like that!!!
Name one Lucas Arts game that sucked!!!:p

Irfaan

Damn, I can play it (I have a PSP as well) but would have really wanted to play this on the big screen with nice tech not on a portable, but at least it will justy be a downgraded port from the Wii and PS2 versions, not like the NDS version. I have a PSP to TV cable, but it won't be the same, it will just be stretched and the PSP has only one analogue (which was annoying in star wars: the force unleashed).

Actually, I remember the PSP (same as the PS2 and Wii versions) version of Star Wars: TFU being good, but the xbox 360 version being miles better!

I just annoys me how lucasarts can fund games like "Fracture" but having no love for it's IP's (unless it's star wars of course).

*Sigh* I will buy the PSP version, but I won't be in a rush to get it (unless the deveopers prove me wrong and made it really good). However, I will buy the novel instead by Rob MacGregor, I like reading a lot and it may be as fun as playing the Hi-Def version of the game.

Insomniac said:
Where did you hear this?

I think Lucas isn't gonna put out some half @$$ game he's not like that!!!
Name one Lucas Arts game that sucked!!!:p

I wish I could agree, but after curse of monkey island most of there stuff has been well, rubbish.

Remember "Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi"? I use to love fighters, but boy did that one stink. And besides, this Indy game technically isn't made from lucasarts, but from a third-party developer. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were made by Lucasarts themeselves, but they killed off that. :(

Infact, I know what lucasarts should do! They should contact Namco Bandai (who made the soul calibur games) to make a stand-alone star wars fighting game (since soul calibur 4 with the apprentice, darth vader and yoda was excellent!) with it's own dedicated storyline and players from the SW universe.

As of now, things are stinking, we all know. But I bet we are all in for a bright future from lucasarts, where we are going to have decent developers who will be making our next Indy or Star Wars (which has already happened for that) games for the good!

Can't wait, for a stinky 2009, but a (hopefully) brighter future!

Crack that whip

indyjones2131 said:
How is there any argument about this?

Look at the development history.

Look at the fact that there is no fanfare to this trailer release.

Look at the fact that there is no gameplay in this trailer for a game that's supposed to come out in mere months.

Look at the fact that Wii games are notoriously bad in general with very few exceptions.

Look at the fact that the graphical immersion we could have gotten from the 360 and ps3 (for the first time ever in an Indy game) is now gone.

Look at the fact that most Wii games feature dumb, repetive, gimmicky minigames that attempt to take the place of actual gameplay.

This game will be a joke compared to what we could have had. Of course, a lot of you liked the last movie too.

As far as I'm concerned LUCASARTS IS A JOKE.

FWIW, a lot of your 'facts' are actually opinions, not facts.

__________________​

Personally, speaking as someone whose first Indy console game was Raiders of the Lost Ark for the Atari 2600 (née Atari VCS), the graphics possible with any contemporary console are so far beyond the wildest dreams of gamers of not that long ago that the apparent graphics shortcomings of the Wii or the PSP or whatever strike me as pretty darn negligible. But perhaps that's just me...

:hat:

Billy Ray

Well, like most of the rest of you, I have mixed feelings on this news. I am happy that the game will at least be coming out afer all...but sad that it won't be on a next gen console.

I have been playing TFU for the past couple of weeks on the 360 and am blown away by it...it really increased my excitement about Staff of Kings (if that was even possible).

The news that it had been cancelled was like a kick in the nuts, so the fact that it is at least coming in some form or another is great. I have the Wii, PS2, and PSP so I am covered. Some of the Wii games I have played have been pretty nice...so I still have hope for this.

At the same time, no matter how good it does turn out on any of those platforms, it will never be as good as it could have been on the 360 or PS3...and that truly saddens me.

Hopefully, down the line, we will get a next gen Indy title. For now, I am at least grateful that we are getting an Indy game at all.

I haven't seen the trailer yet, so I can't really comment on that til I get home, but I am excited to see it.

Morning Bell

The Magic Rat said:
I would love to see it work out, but I bet they won't spend that much time on it. That said, the semi classic control scheme/little wiimote action worked great for Twilight Princess, so who knows what could happen in the end.

That's what I was thinking. In small doses like Twilight Princess it works pretty well. The movement would have to be small and unobtrusive to the gameplay but it could work if done properly. I'm guessing we won't see much, or any, real Wii-mote usage but you never know.