Indiana Jones cartoon

lumoIndy

how many do you think that it would be cool if there were a Indiana Jones cartoon? I watched those short Star Wars Clone Wars cartoons, they were really good. I really like Genndy Tartakovskys' style, Samurai Jack, neat show. It would be interesting to see Indy in animation form. It doesn't have to be in the same style as Jack, but it worked for star wars, so it might work for Indy. Anyways, what do you people think, have you ever wondered about a Indiana Jones cartoon? Waking up saturday mornings to catch the greatest adventurer look for fortune and glory in all its animated charisma.

00Kevin

Indyfan
hmmm, this IDea has poped up in thsi thread from time to time..........

But the Indy films are a recreation of the old serials, they never had cartoons after them. It's not indy at all. I'm ganna have to go with a no....again

intergamer

I'd like it. Besides, it could be more Indy like than anything else - they could get someone to imitate Harrison Ford's voice. It could be done very well, in an Indiana Jones style.

As I think about it, it might be interesting to have the animation style more closely follow the of the Fleischer "Superman" cartoons--especially since they came out in the early forties. What do you guys think?

Lon

I always thought this would be a great idea as well. The show could take place early in Indy's career, like his first year as a college professor.

However, I read an interview with Lucas once and someone had asked him about animating Indy. Lucas said that Indy's stories always have something from the real world in them. "Real" myths or real historical figures. They aren't things just made up for the movie and Lucas basically said that trying to do that for a series of animated episodes wouldn't do the franchise justice.

But maybe he'll change his mind and realize than an action-packed half-hour animated series would be a cash cow. Think of the merchanise!

lumoIndy

absolutely, if not for the relics and historical figures, the merchandise would be reason enough. It would get alot of kids into Indy, and think how easily it would then be to promote Indy 4, if it ever gets made. Maybe they could do a micro-series just before the release of Indy 4, to lead up to the story kinda thing.

I played IJET and I don't really remember the beginning of the game to have anything to do with a relic, a cartoon based on action and adventure would work. Why not also include relics from the real world into it. It can't be that hard.

Doc Savage

Ben Friend of Indy said:
As I think about it, it might be interesting to have the animation style more closely follow the of the Fleischer "Superman" cartoons--especially since they came out in the early forties. What do you guys think?

I own the Fleischer cartoons, very good stuff. They were the first to use cels traced from actual film footage. Very much a period look that would translate well to Indy's adventures.