Indiana Jones goes to Hell

Jack Nelligan said:
What is your fascination with hell and the devil???:confused:

What's your facination with starting re-tread threads?:confused:

Don't worry, the consipiracy theorists on board will have plenty to say...so really why bother. Thier answers are bound to be more entertaining, (not to mention right!).

Jack Nelligan

Rocket Surgeon said:
What's your facination with starting re-tread threads?:confused:

Don't worry, the consipiracy theorists on board will have plenty to say...so really why bother. Thier answers are bound to be more entertaining, (not to mention right!).

A little touchy don't you think??? Did I strike a nerve???

Jack Nelligan said:
A little touchy don't you think??? Did I strike a nerve???

Well I know you're not aquainted with the search feature at The Raven, (evidenced by your VERY Terry Jonesy threads), but one might think the post you followed would have sufficed.

Jack Nelligan

Rocket Surgeon said:
Well I know you're not aquainted with the search feature at The Raven, (evidenced by your VERY Terry Jonesy threads), but one might think the post you followed would have sufficed.

Excuse me for not being as cool you obviously think you are and for my lack of time to sit and search for topics. You posted several threads dealing with the devil and hell now you try to belittle me when I ask the question I asked. In my experience, when someone has something to hide, or can?t explain their position, they resort to personal attacks and try to demean the people asking questions.

No nee to get personal. It was just a question!

Jack Nelligan said:
Excuse me for not being as cool you obviously think you are and for my lack of time to sit and search for topics. You posted several threads dealing with the devil and hell now you try to belittle me when I ask the question I asked. In my experience, when someone has something to hide, or can?t explain their position, they resort to personal attacks and try to demean the people asking questions.

No nee to get personal. It was just a question!

Talk about getting touchy! You're excused...just don't let it happen again.
In my experience people who run at the mouth, (type), without listening first, (reading), are simply screaming for attention, (spamming).

Now THATs belittling...what I did was ask about your predeliction of leaping before looking. You joined because of things you read here right? You had that time to browse through threads before your account was activated right?

Seems to me if you have a question about something like what vehicle Indy drove or opinon regarding Tom Selleck a search might answer you question and spark a better insight and/or compliment to an existing thread. I'm hardly the only one to notice, and good Lord, if you think I was belittling you with my question you better brace yourself Bridget!

Good luck to you...:hat:

Jack Nelligan

Rocket Surgeon said:
Talk about getting touchy! You're excused...just don't let it happen again.
In my experience people who run at the mouth, (type), without listening first, (reading), are simply screaming for attention, (spamming).

Now THATs belittling...what I did was ask about your predeliction of leaping before looking. You joined because of things you read here right? You had that time to browse through threads before your account was activated right?

Seems to me if you have a question about something like what vehicle Indy drove or opinon regarding Tom Selleck a search might answer you question and spark a better insight and/or compliment to an existing thread. I'm hardly the only one to notice, and good Lord, if you think I was belittling you with my question you better brace yourself Bridget!

Good luck to you...:hat:

Nice try, but not taking the bait! You still have not answered my question!?!?!?!

As for my post, there are reasons for them that I do not feel the need to expalin to you, nor would I take the time.

Answer the question and "Have a nice day!" (y)

Am I the ONLY person familiar with the quote that is the title of the thread?

...oh and as for you:

Jack Nelligan said:
Nice try, but not taking the bait! You still have not answered my question!?!?!?!
The mating cry of the impotent!

Now here is a practical example of Hypocracy:

Jack Nelligan said:
...there are reasons for them that I do not feel the need to expalin to you, nor would I take the time.

Answer the question (y)

Translation: I hold others to rules I cannot or will not observe myself!:hat:

Jack Nelligan

Rocket Surgeon said:

...oh and as for you:

The mating cry of the impotent!

Now here is a practical example of Hypocracy:

Translation: I hold others to rules I cannot or will not observe myself!:hat:

Hypocrisy(spelled correctly)???

I don?t think so genus!

I never questioned your threads or what your motives are for posting them. I simply asked you a question that you have failed to answer!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Fellas...popular wisdom to the contrary, we actually do keep an eye around things around here. That includes this thread, as of now.

So if you're going to continue your pissing contest, take it outside.

Jack Nelligan

Attila the Professor said:
Fellas...popular wisdom to the contrary, we actually do keep an eye around things around here. That includes this thread, as of now.

So if you're going to continue your pissing contest, take it outside.

....Thanks! have a nice weekend! see ya Monday!

mattzilla2010

Montana Smith said:
Oh, how could I forget to mention the human skins hanging up? In the novel they have to walk through hanging human skins, too. That's just nasty! :sick:

I'm still surprised that this film was a PG (or PG13?) rating, when you consider how lame some 18 certificated movies of the 1980s now appear to us.

Oh geez, that part where Indy looks up and sees the skins hanging up has always given me the heeby-jeebies. To this day I can barely stand to watch that part. I'm kinda freaking out right now just thinking about it! :eek:

And also, it seems that Spielberg is really good at tricking the MPAA into giving some of his films lighter ratings than they deserve. Don't quite know how he does it.

DocWhiskey

mattzilla2010 said:
And also, it seems that Spielberg is really good at tricking the MPAA into giving some of his films lighter ratings than they deserve. Don't quite know how he does it.

Sexual persuasion. ;) (y) :sick: :eek: :dead:

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
"Indiana Jones goes to Hell" This is a quote from Spielberg himself!
Rocket Surgeon said:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Well, check out The Music of Indiana Jones featurette on the Bonus Features DVD that came with the original DVD release.
I knew that I'd heard Steve-O say it before but couldn't remember where. Thanks for pointing the way!:hat:
Rocket Surgeon said:
What kind of Indiana Jones fans come here?!
Generally or lately? Post-"Skull", I would say every kind from hardcore to LEGO-video-game-Indy fans (who haven't seen the movies) and, in one particular case, a NON-Indy fan.:p

Stoo said:
I knew that I'd heard Steve-O say it before but couldn't remember where. Thanks for pointing the way!:hat:
Generally or lately? Post-"Skull", I would say every kind from hardcore to LEGO-video-game-Indy fans (who haven't seen the movies) and, in one particular case, a NON-Indy fan.:p

Who's NOT an Indy fan here?

Stoo said:

What would be cool is if I could get the sound clip to play when the thread is opened.

Did you check it out yet/again? Steven looks so uncomfortable when he talks about Temple of Doom...

Montana Smith

The 'Complete Making of Indiana Jones' book has a bit to say on this subject. The jist of it is that the production of TOD got darker and darker as time went on.

This is a quote from George Lucas: 'The story ended up being a lot darker than we intended it to be. Part of it is that I was going through a divorce at the time, and I wasn't in a good mood; and part of it was just that we wanted to do something a little bit more edgy.'

Matt