Indiana Jones in New Haven - news, updates and everything else

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Jones Junior said:
where is Marcus Brody's musuem?
Probably the American Museum of Natural History (or a generic version of it) in Manhattan. I'd have to reread the MacGregor books. In them Indy taught at Princeton. So whether in New Jersey, New York or CT, he and Brody were (are?) always less than an hour apart.

arkfinder

Is it me or am I the only one who loves the look's of the cars & motercycles from this era? It's what gives Indy a real feel to it. Indy films don't try to hard to work because they don't try to hard to impress.

Indy1986

what makes me worried is that i am scared that Shia will take way to much attention from Indy's role. I am scared that people will rather see him as new main figure, that he draws to much attention from Ford,that people will think this movie is about the new generation of Indiana Jones and that Harrison is just some kind of nostalgic decoration for the movie.

please just anyone tell me that it wont be like that

deckard24

The pic Al posted is the first time we've gotten to see Shia and Harrison together, and I've got to admit the resemblance is there a bit. Especially if you look at it as he's the combination of Indy and Marion. I saw Shia on Letterman last night for Transformers and IJ4 was mentioned briefly, but seeing him then the resemblance was gone. He looked super skinny, shorter in stature, and very swarthy(with some serious eyebrows). The resemblance is only sporadic, but as far as the mannerisms that could possibly link them we'll have to wait and see next May.

Now Ford looked fantastic in the first pic of him in his Indy duds, but with this pic the age factor is more apparent. He looked just more weathered in the fedora, shirt, etc....but in his professor gear the age kicks in. Granted this is a snapshot, not the finished, edited, potentially touched up version, but there is a slight Firewall look to him on the bike. He's still looking good, but older yes.

Aztec

All I know is that I've put an order in to look like Harrison Ford at 65. It is a tall order, however....

deckard24

A very tall order indeed!

I know I wouldn't mind a six pack, a ripped physique, and a relatively full head of hair at near 65.

Indy 1986, I hope as well that Shia is definitely a supporting player and that IJ4 doesn't just become a vehicle to build him up for future films. I'll be disappointed if the focus is not mainly on Indy, while giving some time devoted to fringe players. I'm as sold as I can possibly be (without seeing the film) on Shia being Indy's son, but Indy is who we will all be flocking in droves to see next May, not Shia!

Last edited:
deckard24 said:
A very tall order indeed!

I know I wouldn't mind a six pack, a ripped physique, and a relatively full head of hair at near 65.

Indy 1986, I hope as well that Shia is definitely a supporting player and that IJ4 doesn't just become a vehicle to build him up for future films. I'll be disappointed if the focus is not mainly on Indy, while giving some time devoted to fringe players. I'm as sold as I can possibly be (without seeing the film) on Shia being Indy's son, but Indy is who we will all be flocking in droves to see next May, not Shia!

Guys do not worry, CHUD said that he did not even exist in Darabont's draft and they have taken alot from it. We know that Indy jumps onto the moving bike. That alone is a good stunt. He won't just be on the back pointing.

Finn

Staff member
deckard24 said:
but Indy is who we will all be flocking in droves to see next May, not Shia!
A character named "Mutt" with a hair like a bloody Yorkshire pudding topping the man in the hat in popularity? Yeah, right.

deckard24

Finn, I've been waiting for a comment on Shia's awesomely bad hair! I've held back a little on a few of my observations, because I don't want to get the natives restless. A few people get bent out of shape around here, anytime someone mentions Ford being near 65 or God forbid looking it. Or, if anything remotely negative is said about what we've seen so far in the way of pics. Ford is rare 64 year old man with fantastic genetics, but he's almost 65 and at times he really looks it. Just crop some photos, and look at just his face and the age is apparent. Some pics are better than others, that's just the way it is. Ford has never struck me as an exfoliating, moisturizing, cucumbers over his eyes kind of guy. He's a regular guy, who's skin and features show his age. He's gonna be 58 or around there in IJ4, and he'll pull it off but he'll be a weathered gritty 58.

"A bloody Yorkshire pudding." LMAO

Why it wasn't just slicked back like he's had it, I just don't know. He looked way more "greaser" like, and now he's looking a little too Saturday Night Fever.

-Jones-

deckard24 said:
Finn, I've been waiting for a comment on Shia's awesomely bad hair! I've held back a little on a few of my observations, because I don't want to get the natives restless. A few people get bent out of shape around here, anytime someone mentions Ford being near 65 or God forbid looking it. Or, if anything remotely negative is said about what we've seen so far in the way of pics. Ford is rare 64 year old man with fantastic genetics, but he's almost 65 and at times he really looks it. Just crop some photos, and look at just his face and the age is apparent. Some pics are better than others, that's just the way it is. Ford has never struck me as an exfoliating, moisturizing, cucumbers over his eyes kind of guy. He's a regular guy, who's skin and features show his age. He's gonna be 58 or around there in IJ4, and he'll pull it off but he'll be a weathered gritty 58.

He simply waited to long for this movie... I'm really scared :(.

sttngfan1701d

He does look older in that photo. But I think part of it has to do with that really silver hair paired with the ugly light-grey jacket. He looks really aged based on that alone. I mean, why would they do that with how his hair is? It kind of washes him out.

Oh well. Still looks like Indy. I'm not complaining yet. We waited too long for this movie to complain before we see it. ;)

Dr.Sartorius

-Jones- said:
He simply waited to long for this movie... I'm really scared :(.

Give me a break. He looks fine. It seems like all the age skeptics are expecting him to look young or 46 again for some strange reason. :rolleyes: The man is 64 and everyone should have expected him to look older. Everyone's just going to have to come out of their little fantasy worlds and get used to it.

If you're "really scared" after looking at a photo of Harrison Ford then maybe you should just go back to the Pirates of the Caribbean forum you probably came from and gush over photos of Johnny Depp and think how young he looks.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dr.Sartorius said:
Give me a break. He looks fine. It seems like all the age skeptics are expecting him to look young or 46 again for some strange reason. :rolleyes: The man is 64 and everyone should have expected him to look older. Everyone's just going to have to come out of their little fantasy worlds and get used to it.

If you're "really scared" after looking at a photo of Harrison Ford then maybe you should just go back to the Pirates of the Caribbean forum you probably came from and gush over photos of Johnny Depp and think how young he looks.:rolleyes:

Guys you can't expect him to look young still. allt at matters is that he lookc liek that rough, capable guy with gear on which we have seen he does.

-Jones-

Dr.Sartorius said:
The man is 64 and everyone should have expected him to look older. Everyone's just going to have to come out of their little fantasy worlds and get used to it.

I was, but he looks much older than usual 58. The trick with age which worked in the 80s doesn't work now. They want to take almost 7 years from his actual age. Look at the photo with Shia - IMO he looks very similar to the Firewall guy :(.

Hey... wait a minute. I hate "Pirates...". I'm worried, because he really looks too old for playing a 58-year old guy. Don't you get it? Take a look at some photos when he was 58 and you will understand what I'm talking about. Try to be friggin ' realist and not a blind fan of Ford... Ford wants to restart his acting carrier with this flick apparently, like Stallone or Willis at some extent. He should've made this film about 10 year ago.

Dr.Sartorius

deckard24 said:
My point has been proven!

We are all entitled to our opinions on this forum!

What point?

And I'm entitled to have my opinion too. And I'm sick of these people who say that he looks old. That's all they say! "He looks old". Or "I'm so worried about this movie cause he looks old." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dr.Sartorius

-Jones- said:
I was, but he looks much older than usual 58. The trick with age which worked in the 80s doesn't work now. They want to take almost 7 years from his actual age. Look at the photo with Shia - IMO he looks very similar to the Firewall guy :(.

Hey... wait a minute. I hate "Pirates...". I'm worried, because he really looks too old for playing a 58-year old guy. Don't you get it? Take a look at some photos when he was 58 and you will understand what I'm talking about. Try to be friggin ' realist and not a blind fan of Ford... Ford wants to restart his acting carrier with this flick apparently, like Stallone or Willis at some extent. He should've made this film about 10 year ago.

I'm not a blind Ford fan. I'm the one trying to deal with reality. Apparently you're the one who's focusing on his age. And, yeah he should have made this movie at least 5 years ago but he didn't. I'm with you on that one. But the past is the past and all we can do now is hope for the best.

And he doesn't look that much older than 58 IMHO. When he was 58 he looked like he was in his forties.

Why don't we try to focus on things we hope will be good. You know, like this movie? I wonder if its ever occured to anyone that this might actually be a good Indiana Jones movie. Let's wait until we actually see the movie and then form a final opinion.

Dr.Sartorius said:
I'm not a blind Ford fan. I'm the one trying to deal with reality. Apparently you're the one who's focusing on his age. And, yeah he should have made this movie at least 5 years ago but he didn't. I'm with you on that one. But the past is the past and all we can do now is hope for the best.

And he doesn't look that much older than 58 IMHO. When he was 58 he looked like he was in his forties.

Why don't we try to focus on things we hope will be good. You know, like this movie? I wonder if its ever occured to anyone that this might actually be a good Indiana Jones movie. Let's wait until we actually see the movie and then form a final opinion.

Fair enough...

Echo22

As far as LeBeouf, the hair shouldn't be much of an issue during the action scenes. I wouldn't think it would take too long for that crazy greaser haircut to get messed up. And his screen time will probably match that of Connery's or Short Rounds. Indy will be the focus. He'll still be the one rescuing everybody and having the major fight scene towards the end of the film - Saving the world, once again. I'm not worried at all.
And the only way his age will be an issue is if it's intentional.

deckard24

My point Sartorius is you appear anytime anyone mentions Ford being or looking older, and get all bent out of shape reprimanding their opinions! Yeah, you're entitled too your opinions for sure, but you don't have to police every statement made about Ford's age on this forum. Someone posted a photoshopped pic of Ford in a wheelchair with an oxygen mask, and you demanded it removed. Lighten up man, we're all here because we love Indiana Jones and are excited about IJ4. Yeah, there's a few trolls who pop up every now and again, but for the most part people are in good spirits around here just wanting to throw in their two cents. I made the mistake of getting too easily offended when I first started posting here, and I went on the defensive immediately. I've come to realize since this is one of the few forums I've ever participated in, that you just have to have a good sense of humor and not take everything so personally.

As for Ford's age, it's pretty hard not to focus on it considering he's almost 65. He's a senior citizen now, albeit a ripped ass kicking one. The movie is gonna be awesome and I can't wait. May 2008 is way too far away right now!!