Indiana Jones in New Haven - news, updates and everything else

Finn

Staff member
Moedred said:
"Sapientia et Lux" is Latin for "Wisdom and Light."
A search revealed only one hit... regarding creation.
It's two parts of three, the third being "vita", life.

Vita, Sapientia et Lux. It's an old way of saying it. The better known version has the tiers mixed with "wisdom" replaced with "truth" and "light" replaced with "way".

Used here (without "life"), it basically translates as metaphorical "Wisdom is Here".

Regarding college, it's a good metaphor.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Finn said:
It's two parts of three, the third being "vita", life.

Vita, Sapientia et Lux. It's an old way of saying it. The better known version has the tiers mixed with "wisdom" replaced with "truth" and "light" replaced with "way".

Used here (without "life"), it basically translates as metaphorical "Wisdom is Here".

Regarding college, it's a good metaphor.

It also, and almost surely by coincidence, makes explicit the double meaning of illumination as used in the final moments of Last Crusade, that probably flew over the heads of much of the audience.

Finn

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
It also, and almost surely by coincidence, makes explicit the double meaning of illumination as used in the final moments of Last Crusade, that probably flew over the heads of much of the audience.
Good catch.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone seems to be focused not on Indy but offscreen, and there's smoke in the air... maybe they really do burn a commie! I'm guessing one of the spies from the air base (set years earlier) slipped away and reappears here.

What annoys me, however, is the sign which I believe reads "Have a nice doomsday". "Have a nice day" is so 70's. Late 60's at the earliest. Haven't the props people seen Forrest Gump?
nh_070701-05.jpg

the_tortel_tres

Moedred said:
Everyone seems to be focused not on Indy but offscreen, and there's smoke in the air... maybe they really do burn a commie! I'm guessing one of the spies from the air base (set years earlier) slipped away and reappears here.

What annoys me, however, is the sign which I believe reads "Have a nice doomsday". "Have a nice day" is so 70's. Late 60's at the earliest. Haven't the props people seen Forrest Gump?
nh_070701-05.jpg
Nice bike(y)

Moedred said:

nh_070701-05.jpg

True enough. Still a funny pun.

Dr.Sartorius

New location rumor info (wasn't sure what other thread to put this in):

From the Unofficial Indiana Jones Movie Blog:

I was at the Essex Steam Train in Connecticut today with my wife and son. There were signs going up for Bedford Train Station and Western Union.

Essex Steam Train is a tourist attraction with an old steam engine that generally brings tourists and sightseers up and down the Connecticut River Valley. The train travels up to Deep River Connecticut to let passengers off to ride the Beck Thatcher River boat up the Connecticut River.

There were Genre Productions crew members all over the site checking things, hanging signs, and painting the train station. There was also a company supplying tents and some signs directing crew members where to park.

Anyone who wants to see the production being set up should probably travel over there today or tomorrow morning. The layout of the area would make it difficult for the crew to completely seal off the area as there are multiple ways to approach the facility.

http://indianajones.moviechronicles.com/2007-07/next-filming-location-unveiled/

Dr.Sartorius

Also:

Indiana Jones moves to West Haven

Posted July 2, 2007
5:10 PM

(West Haven-WTNH) _ Several actors enjoyed the day on the West Haven Green as filming for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones movie continued.

Filming has been taking place around Yale University for about a week and is expected to continue until Friday.

For a complete list of road closures due to the movie, please visit http://cityofnewhaven.com/

http://wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=6739172

Joe Brody

Moedred said:

Sadly, no one has ever said that this was going to be a thinking man's Indiana Jones.

Joe Brody

Dr.Sartorius said:
New location rumor info (wasn't sure what other thread to put this in):

From the Unofficial Indiana Jones Movie Blog: "I was at the Essex Steam Train in Connecticut today with my wife and son. There were signs going up for Bedford Train Station and Western Union."

So now we have Planes, Trains and Motorcycles in the film. . . .

scifiwolf

Burning nothing - the bike's being driven on grass/dirt. Dosen't take much to kick up some dust, as dry as that turf looks.

nh_070701-05.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Most of these schools are generic/baloney... Smith, MA is real but I this was long before Michigan Virtual University. Maybe the team really would fly to Cal Poly State University. Why didn't they name other schools after producers? I hold out hope that FST means Faber (from Animal House).
l_a0a1c929da7de739aae9e62bf69847f2.jpg

Moedred said:
Most of these schools are generic/baloney... Smith, MA is real but I this was long before Michigan Virtual University. Maybe the team really would fly to Cal Poly State University. Why didn't they name other schools after producers? I hold out hope that FST means Faber (from Animal House).
l_a0a1c929da7de739aae9e62bf69847f2.jpg

That'd be awesome! Maybe a mention of Dean Wormer!

sttngfan1701d

I'll tell you what....Steven looks like he's having a ball with this movie. First, HE'S the one that gives us the initial pic of Indy. Then he gives us a video. Now this. He seems like a really cool guy.

DarthLowBudget

Pics of Ray Winstone:

img_0084b.png

img_0083b.png

And the accompanying text from the source:

The Movie Scorecard said:
On IMDB actor Ray Winstone is listed as attached to Indy 4, however they have no character name assigned. My guess is that he could be a U.S. agent [possibly FBI - maybe CIA] who gets caught up in the chase. Check out the photos of Ray below preparing for a scene under the arch of Welch Hall. In the second pic he?s clearly wearing a gun holster similar to that of law enforcement agents. Before the scene Ray was pacing around under the archway reading his lines in an aggrevated, almost argumentative way. Then he gets in a car that rips into the Old Campus courtyard chasing Shia and Harrison Ford on their motorcycle. But why would a government agent be on the campus where Professor Jones is teaching?