Indiana Jones SNES question

jamesdude

How the heck do i get past the boulder stage in the game, it seems impossible clear and i die everytime when i try to pass that level.
does anyone have a map layout of the stage?

EvilDevo

Quick reflexes is how ;)

But if nobody has responded with exact details of when and where to jump, I'll map you out something tonight when I get home from work.

jamesdude

EvilDevo said:
Quick reflexes is how ;)

But if nobody has responded with exact details of when and where to jump, I'll map you out something tonight when I get home from work.

hey thanks man, id appreciate that alot. although its easier to use a level select code, i rather play the game straight through, know what i mean? :)

jamesdude

EvilDevo said:
Here, you could watch this, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMwYegUBks&watch_response

PS I love this guy's description of the video: "No Damage speedrun Played on hardest difficulty"

...yes, because, like, you can do anything other than run your ass off on this level. And difficulty makes any difference here. :rolleyes:

ive tried doing that, but i kept crashing into to the boulder lol, he probabaly got cramps in his hand after clearing the level

EvilDevo

When I rented this game as a kid of about... 10? This level kept me busy for DAYS. But it was such a great feeling when I finally finished it. Just keep trying over and over and eventually you'll remember the layout of the level.

Fun fact: I hadn't seen Raiders before playing this... so it was amazing to watch the first couple levels play out in movie form. Especially when Indy says "stay out of the light", considering I said the exact words a couple years before when playing that part of the level.

Also, if this gives you trouble, good luck on the level after the Cairo Swordsman ;)

jamesdude

EvilDevo said:
When I rented this game as a kid of about... 10? This level kept me busy for DAYS. But it was such a great feeling when I finally finished it. Just keep trying over and over and eventually you'll remember the layout of the level.

Fun fact: I hadn't seen Raiders before playing this... so it was amazing to watch the first couple levels play out in movie form. Especially when Indy says "stay out of the light", considering I said the exact words a couple years before when playing that part of the level.

Also, if this gives you trouble, good luck on the level after the Cairo Swordsman ;)

thanks, ill keep trying to clear the level, eventually ill beat it.

PS: they actually made a level of the Swordsman that indy killed with one shot. thats funny

Nurhachi1991

jamesdude said:
How the heck do i get past the boulder stage in the game, it seems impossible clear and i die everytime when i try to pass that level.
does anyone have a map layout of the stage?

Your kidding right? I had that game when I was seven I just played the level until I figured out the pattern I think the spike trap comes up when there light I think I havent played the game for a long time....... Now Walter Donavin was a ***** I still can't beat him he made my childhood a living hell

jamesdude

Nurhachi1991 said:
Your kidding right? I had that game when I was seven I just played the level until I figured out the pattern I think the spike trap comes up when there light I think I havent played the game for a long time....... Now Walter Donavin was a ***** I still can't beat him he made my childhood a living hell

no need to be rude man.....

Nurhachi1991

Dude all I'm saying is that level is not that hard if your having trouble with that you are going to get eaten alive later in the game!

|ZiR|

Remember to jump up all the inclines (it's faster than running) and DON'T PANIC. Like someone else said, eventually you'll start memorizing the layout of the traps. Just keep at it. :hat:

The stage I had the most difficulty with was definitely the Last Crusade one where you're flying the biplane. Frustrating would be an understatement.

Video games were hard back in the day. I still can't beat the first level of the Young Indiana Jones NES game!

Vance

It's not so much that the NES-era games were all that hard, really. It's just that you had to memorize the 'patterns of play' all the time, and do them exactly right. Once you knew the patters, you won, simple as that.

jamesdude

i guess Indiana Jones was ment to be a hard video game.

if you look at it, none of the indy games are close to being easy

Nurhachi1991

jamesdude said:
i guess Indiana Jones was ment to be a hard video game.

if you look at it, none of the indy games are close to being easy

Lego Indiana Jones................. Easiest game out there

EvilDevo

EvilDevo said:
PS I love this guy's description of the video: "No Damage speedrun Played on hardest difficulty"

...yes, because, like, you can do anything other than run your ass off on this level. And difficulty makes any difference here.

...and after watching his hardest difficulty no damage speedrun of the grail temple, I immediately and permanently take back anything I said earlier. :eek:

Last edited:

jamesdude

EvilDevo said:
Jamesdude: Any luck? Where are you in the game now?

I still having hard time on the boulder level, i almost took the easy way out (password level skip) but i still want to master that level.

so yeah im still stuck on it